Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by Art Blade, February 13, 2018, 04:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

:bigsmile:

In my case, I visit the forum first, read all new posts, very likely reply to some, then I play KCD or whatever game. Usually I even check the forum in between gaming. And after gaming, I visit the forum again, read all new posts, very likely reply to some, and then I go to bed or do whatever it might be. :anigrin:

What you could do is this: check YouTube for games that interest you. Once you found an uploader whom you either like or manage to sustain, watch them play in your stead. Just kick back and relax, have fun, have a glass of wine and some snacks, and enjoy a game you'd never play yourself. I do that a lot both with games I play and those that I simply like to watch—good for console exclusive games for instance. Regarding uploaders, I am referring to people who don't narrate at all ("no commentary") or who at least keep it to a minimum but also narrative people whom you find funny. There are very few uploaders whom I keep returning to and whom I actually enjoy watching and listening to. Essentially MKIceAndFire is a no commentary guy who's quite a good player and he plays almost everything there is when it's being released, and then there is BigMooney who's talking all over the place and curses an awful lot but he is FUNNY and edits his videos brilliantly. He cuts out boring stuff, carefully adds music that goes with the scene and isn't copyright-protected (mostly classical music) and puts a lot of w0#k in every video he releases. Usually he gets some 2k+ likes and literally just a handful of dislikes per video which is remarkable. And there is Zemalf, with a calm, deep voice who plays slow-paced games and he plays thoughtfully. Unfortunately he's not very active. Maybe you'll find someone you like to watch, too. It is relaxing :)

Art Blade

On topic (for a change)

There had been something "funny" going on for some time. I think ever since I secretly killed Brother Antonius aka The Pious in the prison cell over in Rattay.

The bailiff of Rattay belongs to Rattay and doesn't have any business outside town. However. I don't know when exactly he first popped up somewhere else, like in a rented room in an inn outside Rattay. He'd just be there, kind of "in my face" (how any why he entered is beyond me) and then he'd walk away. It was possible to interact with him as in talk to him about how things were going in Rattay and a whole branch of questions regarding Rattay. It didn't make any sense. At first I didn't even recognise him as the bailiff of Rattay but the chat options revealed it.

So after a massive loot orgy I was in my own room in one of Rattay's two castles, essentially a simple room clinging to the castle wall, like a simple hut, and the door led into the bailey of the castle. It was night time and outside in the streets you're obliged to use any kind of light like a torch or the guards might have a word with you (and perhaps feel like searching you) but I was inside the bailey in my very own but also dark room. It was clearly part of the castle. The bailiff had absolutely no business there yet he came through my door and grumbled something about why I wasn't using any light and all that. WHAT?! He actually startled me then, because I was busy sorting away stuff from my inventory into the magic chest which automatically puts away the torch and on top I was quite engrossed in all that. And the door was closed when I started sorting my stuff, and it was behind me. So when he talked to me, he had sneaked into the room (he's always doing that silently) and SURPRISE, told me to use a torch. That really didn't feel right, it was way out of place. However, he then walked away. I met him occasionally since, always outside of Rattay, and sometimes it was in the streets in plain daylight. I suspect that he returns to Rattay and then starts over trying to catch up with me which is likely going to happen when I stay in one place for longer, like when sorting stuff from a loot trip. Oh, once he surprised me when I was looting chests in an abandoned house. Almost as if he tried to catch me red-handed. But apparently he didn't find anything that allowed him to act. He just walked away again.

And today he came into my rented room in an inn that is FAR away from Rattay, several kilometers and again at night when I was sorting looted stuff into my magic chest. He didn't say anything and once I had noticed him, he turned around and was about to go back outside but I stopped him by using a chat option. Same Rattay stuff, nothing new, so I let go and he walked away, with his torch, in the middle of the night, in a lonely inn next to a forest and else, surrounded by fields. The proverbial arse of the world, so to speak.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I decided to follow him. He went cross country, towards Rattay, while occasionally bumping into trees.

And then I went prone, approached him stealthily from behind, grabbed him with one hand covering his mouth and with the other, I cut his throat with a dagger. And then he dropped like a sack of wet barley. Of course I looted him thoroughly. :gnehe:

I had had enough of that *bleep* :evil2: I suppose he'll resurrect himself in Rattay eventually but maybe he'll have forgot his secret crazy stalker mission. If not, I'll just kill him again. :anigrin:

PZ

Nice way to get rid of a mosquito  O0

Sounds like one's imagination comes into play, much like reading a book, it is all in the personal interpretation.  :thumbsup:

I do like to check YT for game play videos (don't like the trailer stuff). Like you, I do not like the commentators because their voices are as annoying as the head banging music they like to play  :banghead:

As an aside, I posted an FC5 video clip (don't recall which) in which YT claimed I was posting copyrighted content because of the music being played by the game  :D

However, they did not ding me because was some kind of "allowed" copyright infringement.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 12, 2018, 03:58:28 PMNice way to get rid of a mosquito  O0

I don't get it. I got rid of a mosquito?

PZ

:D

A mosquito is an annoyance that never seems to go away  :gnehe:

Art Blade

whoa, I actually missed your reply.  :D Thanks for clarifying :anigrin:

And funny enough, I came back to this topic because of that mosquito. I seem to actually have killed that bailiff. I can't find him anywhere anymore. He's not in his office, nor does he seem to sleep in his bed, nor is he anywhere in the town of Rattay (usually he hangs out somewhere there, not far from his office if he's not in it) nor does he stalk me anymore. Well, it worked, but I didn't mean to kill him off like any regular bandit. I only wanted to stop him stalking me and stop him I did, indeed  :D

Art Blade

just checked: finished 78 quests, there are only two side quests available (at least right now) and the main quest. I think the story is coming to an end now. So far, great adventure and I'm willing to do it again. Maybe not right away but deffo worth a second go. It will be hard to let go of all the achieved skills, it was quite time-consuming getting most of the skills to the max. I'd do some things differently next time around, though. For instance, I missed out on one of the best sub-quests of a main quest because I had too high a speech skill. I simply convinced a priest to tell me what someone confessed. It wouldn't have been possible without that high a speech skill, in other words: normally, you'll have to go through a lengthy but most entertaining series of favours to gain the priest's trust and then strike a deal that saves his bacon and in return, he promises you to tell you about that confession. At least I watched it a few times on YT so I know what it would have been like. And I'd like to play it like that myself :)

Art Blade

OK, I'm through, I've reached the end :)

"Fortune favours the brave," was the last sentence. And here in this pic, shortly before the end, you can guess that it's not over yet.

the end—or is it?

The armour (chest/back plate) is the most expensive and strongest I've found and I would have missed it if I hadn't been looting corpses during the last battle in the game. It's not the gilded one, that's Sir Hans Capon's armour ;) I reckon there are many more things you can only find by chance. I found quite a few cool things by looting when I wasn't supposed to do that. OK, there's a savegame that's before the finale and the game tells you to either do what you want or finish the game by following Sir Hans.

It has been a fantastic journey, despite the bugs. O0

Art Blade

And indeed, not even 24 hours ago, they released this news:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is getting four story DLCs and free updates over the next 12 months

yay! O0

PZ

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Wouldn't surprise me in a 12 month time that a complete edition will launch.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I certainly hope for a sequel. This game stopped in the middle. The upcoming DLC and freebies will just fill a gap. The devs already said they'd continue support and development for the next two years.

Art Blade

man, after 532 hours it feels like a sudden void. I'll keep my first playthrough savegame for some free roaming and perhaps as a reference and for the upcoming stuff. I just hope the dead bailiff of Rattay won't be a problem :anigrin:

And right now I'm toying with the thought of a fresh start with a 2nd career because the game allows several careers at the time. Now that I know the game well enough to avoid certain things and to do others differently, I'm looking forward to an new adventure. Most of the bugs have been ironed out now and a few mods that I've got make the game a lot better. For instance, the compass up there on the screen kept blinding me at night so I replaced it with an almost invisible one. And helmets, with visors that you automatically shut and then only see half the screen somewhat like binoculars or scopes in other games take away most of the peripheral sight, I got a mod that removes that black stuff, you see as if there wasn't any visor in the way. And of course the cheat mod with the save function and the semi-god mode. Should be fun :)

Art Blade

I just remembered one thing about the end of this game that I wanted to post about.

The grand finale or at least the last couple of events that lead to the end start with building that trebuchet, then fire it and wait for two in-game days for the bombardment to stop. Then it's more or less one long mission without interruption. I played through without manually saving for two reasons: first, the game auto-saved a couple of times before that point so I was expecting it to continue doing so. Second, I did not notice that the game actually didn't save anymore until the whole sequence was over. I must have played for about three hours without saving. I had looted that great armour I wrote about, and was checking my inventory, trying out different pieces of gear. Usually the game kind of pauses when you do that (1000x slower time progression) so I was completely gobsmacked when the inventory screen faded away and instead a black screen looked at me. Then, in red letters, a message told me that because I had failed to ride alongside Lord Capon aka Sir Hans to pick up Sir Radzig, he had died. Game over, reload from.. when the trebuchet had yet to fire its first shot. Great. Really, when I had played ALL of that *bleep* again and this time hurried along Sir Hans, that Sir Radzig was just standing alone in a field. No idea why he would have to worry about anything let alone die for reasons unknown. That was the only time the game really annoyed me, when it didn't save at all and made me replay a large portion. In particular because I had to retrace a few steps: finding and reporting a camp of bandits, kill a deer (I remembered I did that in the forest on my way back and by killing it, I levelled up to the last rank of hunting, so I wanted to do that again) and of course, try to find that valuable piece of armour. I was worried it might have been random loot and not be there this time. However, I managed, I got everything including the hunting rank 20 and the same piece of armour. Phew. :) This time I tried to save manually and it worked. Just in case. I didn't need it, though. Now I'm through, got almost everything maxed out and got the best gear (armour, clothes, weapons) available in the game, and from now on I can play just freely the way I want. The screenshots don't reveal how much money I really earned because I kept stashing it away: more than 300k Groschen. I'm so stinking rich that I don't know what to do with that money except counting it :anigrin:

the great armour

Tags:
🡱 🡳