Art Blade

I just managed to take this screenshot, so much for atmospheric games.. :gnehe:

atmospheric
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Something I have to add: While I was in Skalitz, the town that was going to be ransacked, I decided to steal everything out of every house I could lay my hands on. I knew that after the tutorial, they'd be turned into ruins, so why not take it all with me. Also, I traded all the stuff I could get (with a cheat I had removed the "stolen" flag of those items) and got a nice sum of money out of it. Comparatively small, like 900 Groschen, but hey, normally you'd start with some 10 Groschen :anigrin:

I'm about to start the actual game now, the intro bit is over. And I kept the sword. Just as I thought, the part when they were stealing it from me was scripted and they got a clone of it. The sword is actually almost shabby regarding stats and value, no idea why they made it look so special when there are tons of better swords available.

Runt and his club

The semi-god mode was funny: Runt couldn't knock the wind out of me with his massive club and because he is essential to the story, he couldn't die. Basically both of us had equal cheating powers but unlike him, I was able to take advantage of it: He was my sparring partner helping me level up. Cheers, mate :gnehe:

So I kept fighting him and slowly levelled up a few of my stats until I was tired. Then I disabled the semi-god mode and allowed Runt to knock me off my socks. Now I'm at the "real" start of the game and I cheated almost all the gear that I had in my previous game but I can't use the best weapons yet: I am still too weak to wield them. But I am a lot stronger and levelled-up than I was at this point during the first playthrough.

Now I'm going to level up more, it is time-consuming but still fun because every hour invested now will pay off every second later in the game. :) Something else that I've been doing differently this time around: I only saved by drinking saviour schnapps. That's how the game originally works if you want to save manually. I decided to do it this way because cheated saves may cause weird corrupt savegames. I spare you the details, it has got to do with a limited amount of savegames allowed. So I'm just stating the fact that I am now saving normally without cheating.

good 2nd start
the blue values are boosts from perks

PZ

I have to agree with you chaps on your assessment of UBI*bleep*-*bleep* games. However, I still play them more than other publisher's games which must mean that I'm one of the shallow gamers that is falling into their trap.

I've tried games like the Fallout games, and particularly the simulator ArmA, and while I love the design and intent of the games, my casual gaming style of playing occasionally does not foster proficiency of any kind.

Art Blade

it's not easy these days to find a game that serves all of one's interests. I have been lucky with KCD. I wouldn't say that it was the game I was looking for. I am not a typical medieval games lover. But once I saw it, I knew it would be the perfect game for me. So far, it has been. :anigrin:

PZ

That's really cool  :thumbsup:

A while ago I tried one of the Dragon's Age games, and actually made it almost half way through the game before again losing interest. I cannot say it was a bad game, it was just not for me. The only conclusion I can make is that each gamer has their own appreciation of games that maintains their interest.

Art Blade

I think your personal handicap is a certain lack of perseverance. If you give up easily, you'll likely miss the goodies that only come with perseverance. Therefore I recommend short-lived game sessions. Like a game of Mahjong or Go or Scrabble. :gnehe:

PZ

:D

Too boring - nothing to shoot at  :gnehe:

Art Blade

Alright, go to a saloon and play poker. Then cheat a bit. You'll have your share of shooting in no time :anigrin: Perhaps RDR is such a game you're waiting for. :)

PZ

:D :thumbsup:

Yes, RDR is a game I liked quite a bit, and I am looking forward to the next iteration  O0

Art Blade

Art Blade

outhouse

"I much rather pinch a turd right here than trust that rotten thing I might end up falling into."

PZ

Art Blade

BinnZ

:laughsm:

I liked your strategy with the sword. Clever gaming, Art! Wouldn't it be cool if this sword had some sort of karma counter, that you could make it more valuable with each kill you perform with it, like we could do in team fortress. I still remember your Sidney Sleeper Riffle with 5000 kills. You could add value to the sword you shouldn't have by using in in fights and make it a real relic  ;)
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳