FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

BinnZ

I think I already stated I'm NOT going to get the game. But yeah, UBI*bleep* will likely *bleep* things up even without a minimap 8)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

yep, same, I'm still staying away from UBI*bleep* titles.

nex

They didn't do toooooooo.... badly with GR Wildlands, I'm enjoying it "almost" as much as FC2 bar a few  things    :-X
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

I have to admit, the gameplay looks really good.

BinnZ

Yes they make good games, but they annoy me. I like to be taken serious as a customer, and with UBI*bleep* I have the feeling they don't.
"No hay luz"

PZ

I'm with nex - Wildlands is one of the more refreshing games UBI*bleep* has produced. Although the company annoys me quite a bit, they are still far better than Maxis/EA with their SimCity fiasco  :ranting:

BinnZ

I only play few games. So I choose the best. Wildlands has a type of story that will drive on my nerves, so I skip it. I'm not the Hoorah type of player. I once said that Killing Is Very Important. Well, it is. But it's nice if the devs hand me a good invironment and a good story. And if the game is that much bug-free that good Killing doesn't come in danger :evil2:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

fragger

The thing is, in FC4 you can turn off the minimap if you want. You can also turn off the on-screen aiming reticle (which I always do anyway for shooters), you can turn off camera and/or weapon tagging - in fact you can turn off all the HUD options and all player "assists", giving you a totally clear screen and making the game tougher and a bit more real world-like. I don't see why they can't simply carry over those HUD options to #5.

Art Blade

oh they can, fragger, but let's not forget that we're talking about UBI*bleep* here :gnehe:
So it's not a question of whether or not they can simply carry over those HUD options. It's a matter of whether or not the management manages to. :anigrin:

In the end, UBI*bleep* has got one big problem: their offices are scattered all around the world, different people, different countries, different mindsets, different local times, and obviously they can't coordinate all that properly. To me it looks as if someone wanted a new jacket designed and orders Canada to design the left sleeve, France the right sleeve, and so on and shortly before deadline, let all of them send their designs to India where some poor bastards have to sew the *bleep* together and when that jacket arrives at HQ for QA, there they'll probably vent a big scream as an expression of their first impression. That's when they find out what doesn't quite fit but time is already running out. You will get a jacket, alright, but it's not exactly as if one Italian fashion designer created it and had it custom-tailored in his atelier. It's just not the same. To me it seems as if they get a pair of trousers out of that combined effort and have to make people believe it's a jacket.

"Yes.. it's an acquired taste, I admit.. yes, those belt loops around the collar are a fashion gimmick. Yes, the sleeves are meant to be rolled up. Yes, it's normal that the lowest button closes above your nipples, it's the new trend."

You see.. it's not a mistake

it's a UBI*bleep* product.

:anigrin:

nex

I have to correct you on one point Art, QA never sees that jacket, it goes straight to sales.
The jacket will only fit if you're a hunchback with a short right leg and your right arm is longer than the left
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

PZ

:D

Evidently we need to check to see which UBI*bleep* unit produces the game

LowPolyOWG

Judging from the FC4 teams, it's most likely developed by UBI*bleep* Montreal, UBI*bleep* Shanghai, Toronto, Kiev and Red storm. Apparently, Red Storm was founded by Tom Clancy himself  :o

Let's hope they can communicate properly with eachother. It seems UBI*bleep* likes to share assets (weapons/vehicles) between eachother (The SMG-11 is lifted from R6 Siege). Even GRW has some vehicles ported over from Watch Dogs 2
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Tags:
🡱 🡳