Previous topic - Next topic

nex

I think FC3 and 4 was created by UBI*bleep* india
Respect is earned, not given.

nex

A chat with the Creative/Executive Director FC 5

Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

So no tower climbing confirmed... but fishing? OK I'll wait to see how that works out.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* is optimizing FC5 with AMD's help. ???

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

PZ

I'm liking the setting more than I originally did - Montana is in my back yard, and the video is rather realistic as to the feeling you get while in that State.  O0

I like the fishing scene

LowPolyOWG

O0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idRpe_DAUK4

Even more FC5 gameplay. Including fighter planes!

fragger

Whole map available for exploration right from the start. YES! FINALLY!

I love dogfighting, looking forward to that 8) Joystick support for that part of the game would be nice, but I won't hold my breath. You never know though.

That "Chosen" plane appears to be one of these, a British WW2-era Boulton Paul Defiant:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

There are a few altered details, like the tailplanes (set too low on the one in the game) and a missing large air intake under the belly. Still, it's too much of a match to be anything else but a Defiant.

This was a bit of a failed experiment on the part of the RAF early in WW2. The idea was for a two-man anti-bomber aircraft - a pilot with a rearward-facing gunner manning a heavy-hitting traversable 4-gun rear turret. But the Defiant was slow, underpowered, didn't maneuverable terribly well and had no forward-facing guns. It certainly didn't do well when confronted by the excellent German ME-109 fighters (RAF 141 Squadron lost six of their Defiants to 109s in a single mission with the new aircraft, half the squadron). It was pulled from service after a brief, ill-starred career and mostly relegated to training and search-and-rescue duties.

Where the Chosen would get their hands on these aircraft I don't know... There are no airworthy Defiants anywhere in the world. I believe there is only one intact Defiant at all, stored away in a museum somewhere in Britain.

Still, this is a blast for a WW2 aircraft buff like me to see one in a game outside of a flight-sim :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

I guess the cult in Montana couldn't afford jets :-X Yep, UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* probably realised having towers in all of their franchises became dull. However, I look forward to first impressions of FC5 when it launches :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd6mQPwQaN4

8 stupid things you can do in FC5  :laughsm: :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

As with all UBI*bleep* games, UBI*bleep**bleep* likes to create special editions for fans wanting to collect game "loot"

The Collector's Edition. Includes a deer skull with a cult-ish theme. I have been thinking about getting this, would be nice to have something western themed to hang my cowboy hats on :) Includes additional digital content along with the Gold Edition of the game, a physical map, the soundtrack and a steelbook. Supposed to be available for all platforms

The Father Edition. Includes all of the items above, except that the deer head is switched for a statue of the cult leader. No gold edition in this one. Only available for consoles.

PZ

Anything for an additional buck

Art Blade

haha, yes :anigrin: greedy bastards

LowPolyOWG

True, but I seem to enjoy collecting game related items :bigsmile:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, it is a cash grab, but at least you get something from it, not like Bethesda and their creation club cash grab.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

True :) Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Let's hope I can buy whatever gun I want from the start. I don't mind if Signature Weapons have to be scouted for in the world :bigsmile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji6ZF4NZuFI

Some more gameplay. Seems like Montana is definitely a crazy place :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳