FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Yep. I hope the statue that I pre-ordered will survive, GameStop have had issues with CE items being damaged in transit :banghead: Still need to buy the game again on PC, UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* doesn't ship collectors items to Norway for a stupid reason. The Father's Edition includes the soundtrack on a CD and a physical map I can hang on the wall :bigsmile:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

I'm ready again for a game with a nice-looking natural environment. I'm sort of enjoying FO4, but the stark, post-apocalyptic world where everything is ruined and blasted sort of brings me down a bit. I'm looking forward to once again playing in an environment where trees are leafy and green, the water isn't radioactive and the animals aren't mutated nightmares. I miss using vehicles to get around in as well :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

:thumbsup:

Same here, looking forward to see the modern American wildlands :) If RDR2 comes on PC, I'll definitely invest some money in that too.

PZ

Same - FC5 and RDR2 are definitely on my list, but for the PS4  :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

Your PC should be able to handle them, unless the Internet connection is an issue. Now, publishers are shipping physical copies on PC with the code only. So no disc, just a code you need to add to Steam, Uplay, Origin or Blizzard App.

PZ

That's a shame - I do not relish having to download 25-50 gb of data, so I'll stick with the PS4 for now. I've moved the console to the living room where it is attached to a big screen TV.

Soon I'm going to have the slowest Internet connection of any of our OWG members.

LowPolyOWG

Yep, but now, the majority of PC gamers doesn't even have a DVD drive.

LowPolyOWG

Just browsed the Far Cry subreddit and came upon this article.

Five Ways Far Cry 5 Differentiates Itself From Its Predecessors

This caught my attention:

Weapon Ballistics Change Up The Shooting
"When I climbed up to the top of a building, trained my sniper rifle's sights on an enemy in the distance, and pulled the trigger, it didn't have the intended result I expected having played every previous Far Cry title. The shot fell far short of the intended target because this time around Ubisoft Montreal is introducing weapon ballistics like bullet drop. I retrained my sights above the enemy's head, and after a few more adjustments finally landed the killing shot. This new wrinkle in combat should make it a little harder to sit on a ridge from a distance and rip through an entire encampment."

Going to be interesting to see if we can pull off long range shots as in GRW :evil2:

Art Blade

I find bullet drop in games ridiculous because they drop after a few yards, already. In other words, bullets behave as if shot from a pea shooter yet on hit, those peas kill.  :banghead:

fragger

Depends on how well they model it, I guess. Bullet drop is a reality, after all - as is bullet flight time over a long distance. If they get the modelling right, I'll be okay with it, it will add an extra skill dimension. But if they make it ridiculous, it'll just be annoying.

If they do go with that, they should make it an option in the menu, something like "Ballistic Modelling: Realistic/Simplified". Not everybody likes realistic bullet physics in games.

I wonder if they'll factor in windage for long-distance sniper shots as well...?

LowPolyOWG

Battlefield only accounts for gravity. GRW does the same. I think UBI*bleep**bleep* needs to add zeroing, GRW bullets tend to drop above 100-200 meters. With BF4, DICE allows for zeroing, you can make bullets go as far as 1 KM before they drop.

Art Blade

I played games with bullet drop, it was fun for a while but really, it was unrealistic because bullets dropped way too early. Which is funny because they add it to add "realism"  :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

I see. I assume they do bullet drop like that so people can easily adapt to it and it may be a deliberate choice by design. How Battlefield handles bullet drop.

Art Blade

yes, if you don't think about it, it's more realistic and definitely more difficult.

LowPolyOWG

Which I think is ok. If it's intended by the dev, sure. It's also satisfying to see a bullet fly down on a target (Sniper Elite/Ghost Sniper), rather than the traditional hitscan mechanic, where you instantly hit people far away and are not greeted with a bullet flight kill-cam :evil2:.

Tags:
🡱 🡳