FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

Unless I win the lottery, there's no way I'm going to upgrade my
entire machine just to play a new game or two.
New MB/CPU/GPU/Memory cards and most likely Power Supply as well,
not even mentioning the cooling for the CPU.
Doing all that will mean a new OS install also.   ::)

With the present ZAR/Dollar exchange rate i'm looking at minimum ZAR30,000  :banghead:
Yeah, nice to have, but no way to justify that kind of expense, and no point
in getting the 1060 GPU at this stage either, it will be too light in the pants anyway.

Almost wife's whole month's salary, as I'm not drawing any from my retirement fund
for at least another few years until she goes on retirement, which might
be a while longer than we anticipated. The company she's working for now
prefer mature people rather than these young new graduates who
don't (want) know a thing and spend the entire working day on their cell phones.

So that will be for me on future games, sadly.....    :sad-new:
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

30000 ZAR= 19 500 NOK

For that price, Komplett offers pre-builts with an i7-7700K or AMD Ryzen R7 1700X, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB M.2 SSD and a GTX 1070. Together with a 650W PSU. Due to miners, GPU prices are inflated and last year, RAM prices also rose up. However, RAM isn't related to mining, manufacturers had to wait for smaller die sizes. This article explains how Samsung went for 10 nm die sizes. It might have affected availability, seeing how manufacturers don't get more chips and have to sell the older stock to make way for the new.

Now, what kind of PC can you get for 30 000 ZAR in SA?
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

Will get a very good one, but looking at the the rate these game
developers are going, in another year's time a 1080 GPU will just be able to run at low resolution in a new game.
And a 1080 is in the region of ZAR 14,000 today's price
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Well, I reckon that you're not far from the truth. Rumours suggest a new Playstation next year and 4K TVs are going to be the most common TV format people have. Expect more demanding games, if MS/Sony doubles down on CPU/GPU (PS5/Xbox ??), developers will definitely do their best to take advantage. Nvidia and AMD will come with new GPUs, Volta (Most likely this year) and Navi (2019). Developers are also starting to finally use DX12/Vulkan, it took them 3 years to master those APIs.

Ah, GTX 1080s ranges from 5500-9000 NOK here. Depends on the manufacturer of course.

PZ

Nice score, BinnZ!  O0

I never really liked the towers in the later FC games. In origins, I think UBI*bleep* finally got it right - all you need do is travel to even empty parts of the map, and big sections are revealed as you go there.

I'll still get this game (probably) after some of the real game play reports start coming out, but in the meantime, I'm going to continue Origins, and when I tire of that, go back to Wildlands and maybe Uncharted 4.

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

Just watched the 1 and a half hour UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep**bleep* stream today. Skip to the 5:30 mark, as UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* decided to play some of the in-game music before they started (posting this from my mobile, so can't get the URL from that particular time frame)

Well, lots of changes here. I feel like this is GRW, but in first person and Far Cry's elements into it. Some stuff I saw in the stream: You no longer need to hunt animals to craft stuff as you did in the previous Far Cry games. You upgrade yourself like in Wildlands/Origins now, by buying the upgrades/tools with skill points
Weapons have lots of customization to them. There are multiple types of paint jobs available  (prestige paint). Some weapons appears to have custom paint jobs and costs more. All weapons are available from the start. There is a dossier with challenges. Completing them rewards skill points and probably some other in-game rewards. The weapon wheel functions more like it does in GTA, some slots have multiple items in the same category. However, you are still restricted to four weapons. None of them are forced to a specific category, as in Far Cry 4. You don't need to craft the additional weapon slots, they seem to be given to you at the start of the game. You can now choose between airborne fast travel or the usual on the ground teleport. By airborne, you will parachute to the ground. Points of interest can be found by picking up magazines and maps, just like in GRW. The map is unlocked from the start and it  is now rendered as a 3D map (you can see the terrain for each region and rotate the camera from a vertical to horizontal view) in the map menu. Like GTA V, the map will reveal itself as you explore the world.

Enemies appears to be slightly more endurable than FC4, you can now wound them like in FC2. When you die, you will have a death cam similar to GTA V, you will see your character from a third person view as you die. NPCs can now be talked to and can randomly give you side quests and directions to other areas of interest.

Some weapons from FC4 is returning. The GM6 Lynx and the SPAS-12 was shown into the weapon menu. The M79 has already been shown and the M133 seems to be the pump action shotgun. Bit unusual, they could have added the M870 or either a Mossberg 500. Both of them are common in the U.S and they are both used in the military/law enforcement agencies. However, the Russian Saiga-12K would be fitting, it's quite popular among U.S police.

This stream got me more hyped. They even showed off both the Father Statue and the deer head unboxed! :o

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Just adding some timestamps you can skip to:

23m:00s: Weapon shop and 30 seconds later, the perk menu/challenge system

37m:50s: The map and the map size. Note how it's 3D rather than 2D as in the previous game

47m:20s: Vehicle Customization

1h:09m:22s: Customizing a MAC-10 9mm

1h:14m:33s: Exploring a silo.

1h:30m:00s: Revealing the Collector's Edition items :anigrin: 8)

LowPolyOWG

An example of a Prepper Stash being looted :) Just two months left :bigsmile:

Ah, pre-loading the game is available on the 23rd of March. Nice, I don't need to download on launch day :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Just saw on Steam that all the Far Cry stuff are on sale up to 75% off, so if you're missing one, might be a good time to grab. Primal and Blood Dragon are the only two I've not played, but I think I'll skip those.

$3 for the first one is a steal.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

:thumbsup: It's about two hours until the sale expire :-X

Dweller_Benthos

LOL, I didn't even see that the sale was almost over, oh well. An hour and 40 minutes now....
D_B

LowPolyOWG

No worries, there's a Steam sale in the middle of February soon. Just curious, did you checked the stream? :)

Dweller_Benthos

Haven't had a chance to watch much of the stream video yet. Glanced at a few minutes, and I like what I see so far.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳