I'm back on YouTube. With own videos.

Started by Art Blade, July 14, 2018, 10:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

hehe :anigrin:

some time ago, PZ and I were discussing those titles that can be achieved by increasing one's posts count. when we started out, PZ set "the jackal" (a FC2 reference) linked to 1,000 posts as the highest rank. And he confessed to me that he never thought anyone would post that much. :gnehe:

Obviously, some of us did and went err, slightly beyond 1,000. By the time we got like five times as many posts already, we decided that we needed to redefine the achievement system. For the highest rank, we had to find something representing a bloody vast amount of posts and I went through some sources with synonyms and cross-referencing those to finally come up with what sounded cool, the "apostrophizer," and that is how and why we created that rank. :)

Here are the ranks, the hand grenade symbol (here a "*"), the amount of members with that rank and the amount of posts needed to get that rank:

OWG Fan_____    *    112    0
Merc ________    **    12    10
Top gunner ___    ***    6    40
Freelancer____    ****    12    80
Predecessor___    *****    6    500
The Jackal____    ******    9    1000
Explorer _____    *******    2    5000
Apostrophizer __________      2    9000

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Alright, here's the one. :anigrin:

My post #28,000 O0

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

BinnZ

Congratz man! I just realised I became an explorer. I never paid attention... wasn't it going from Jackal all the way up to 10k to get apostrophizer before?
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Thanks, guys :)

And congratz to you, too, Binn :)

And no. It was actually not "some" time ago but relatively speaking, a LONG time ago that the ranking was changed. Actually, just before you joined. The quote-link might not w0#k because of various reasons but you do see the date it was posted / decided. Originally it was meant to be the 10,000 posts mark but PZ set it to 9,000.

Quote from: Art Blade on February 07, 2011, 03:59:15 PM
Cheers :)

I think the meaning of "apostrophize" (AE), talk vividly to someone, and the fact that it contains "post" makes "Apostrophizer" an ideal candidate for 10k of posts.

Since you liked "Explorer" which relates to the open world nature of our site, that one seems to be a good idea for the 5k mark.

In case anyone comes up with a better idea, we might still reconsider.

The problem I see is the hand grenade ("stars") count which comes with post count ranks but also with titles such as senior or moderator or admin. If we keep the stars/grenades as they are now, we're ready to go :) Else we need two more grenades and fix the relation to titles :)

Quote from: Art Blade on September 08, 2018, 10:10:57 AM
OWG Fan_____    *    112    0
Merc ________    **    12    10
Top gunner ___    ***    6    40
Freelancer____    ****    12    80
Predecessor___    *****    6    500
The Jackal____    ******    9    1000
Explorer _____    *******    2    5000
Apostrophizer __________      2    9000

PZ

I never thought we would see that many posts because I never thought we'd still be a viable entity this long. Hard to believe, but we are in our 9th year of existence under the current domain name.

Art Blade

you just went past the 19,000 posts count. O0 +1 :thumbsup: :)

PZ

???

Thanks AB!  I wish I had as many dollars as I have posts!

Art Blade

PZ

BinnZ

I think I never knew about the existence of an Explorer title because there were no explorers. You and PZ already grew through Apostrophizer and I checked the rest of the frequent posters, only Fragger must've achieved that mark a while ago.

I kind of liked my Jackal title :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳