Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

and another Hawke's Bay, a lot faster and more explosives.. :anigrin:

Hitman 2 - Hawke's Bay - RFID explosive kill (4:57) - Silent Assassin Suit Only on Master Difficulty
"RFID Triggered Explosive Kill, SA/SO. Nightcall, finally I found a way to use that RFID explosive and making it an accident kill thanks to our beloved propane flask :) Also I used that massive Remote CX Demo Block to start the fireworks. On Master Difficulty, and getting away with Silent Assassin, Suit Only. Just another fun challenge for myself I came up with today, this is not a tutorial. I simply wanted to play this mission in another cool way with stuff I've never used before. And this time I used the pool key :) Enjoy."

Dweller_Benthos

So that counts as suit only when you're wearing a wetsuit? You've done that mission so many times you're now thinking up you're own challenges, heh.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

hehe, that mission is the first mission so everybody knows it, even you :anigrin: That's why it's perfect for showing off different methods. ;)

"Suit Only" means that you never change your outfit and at that, that you don't start disguised (Clown Suit and Santa 47 suit are not considered disguises). You can start disguised, like on location, in the kitchen, as a chef. That would only allow for "silent assassin" but not for "suit only."

Art Blade

My first vid here was a very LONG vid about sniper assassin, same mission. 30 minutes. It's almost a miracle some people watched it, even if it might have been just for a few minutes :anigrin:

Here's my modern short version (4:32) and definitely not a "silent" but instead, a damn loud sniper version on Master Difficulty. Of course. :gnehe:

Art Blade

And finally, a fast Lethal Poison Syringe kill, again SA/SO on Master.

I think I've been creative enough on that map, I'm done with Hawke's Bay :)

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Love the rubber duck explosive, so funny.
D_B

Art Blade

Art Blade

Alright.. what kept badgering me was the stupid laggy part in front of the windows where the laptop is. ALWAYS the vids stuttered. After quite some experimenting, I finally found out several things and fixed it. To check it with an actual vid..

..I just had to get creative. This one is crazy ;)

The Quickdraw and the Arctic Toolbox from the Winter Pack in action, also the Tuxedo with Mask and Gloves from the Elusive Target on the Isle of Sgàil, and I had never before brought the Rude Ruby. Time to create something :) Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnHHYvVh0k

Dweller_Benthos

The bit of lag at the windows is probably from the reflection, something that bogs the CPU and GPU a bit.

I like the small preview in the video thumbnail, makes it look like 47 is wearing a skirt and heels and is sitting on the floor lol.

Also nice bit of dialog we haven't heard before about the bodies in the garage where one guard asks who they were and the other answers why would you want to know that or something similar.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Yep, the game doesn't support DX12, which helps CPU heavy scenes. I guess IO had to let go of some of their engineers and maybe WB didn't gave them enough resources to implement that API/hire new engineers to help. AMD/Nvidia didn't assist IO either.

Being on DX11, only 1 core does the graphics cue. Rest are either idling/handling other tasks

Art Blade

Yeah, making custom thumbnails now.

Indeed it were the reflections that used up too much of my CPU power and since I was recording on software encoder, that came on top. Software-encoded recordings are half the size of hardware-encoded recordings but tend to lag and generally cost me about 12 fps which is a lot, without recording I get an average of like 54 fps, on software encoder it was running like 41, on hardware encoder 52.

Anyway, here is a hardware-encoded vid, there's a new "escalation" out, if you're interested in part 2 and 3, just follow the end screen.

I actually got rank #11, just out of sight when looking at the top 10  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reWNe_GravQ

Art Blade

I am aware of the fact that no-one here is really interested in Hitman which is why I want to thank any of you who still check this topic and an even bigger thanks to those who actually watch my vids :gnehe: O0

Art Blade

Quote from: OWGKID on January 31, 2019, 09:24:22 AMBeing on DX11, only 1 core does the graphics cue. Rest are either idling/handling other tasks

There is one "graphics" option which got three levels, and in-game is a text to it explaining that it's recommended for 4, 6, and 8+ cores. The option controls for instance the amount of NPCs running around in crowds and other stuff (I noticed that birds flying around show on the highest level) so I got that to max despite my physical 4 and virtual 8 core CPU probably not being the most suitable candidate for it. But it looks so much better. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Tags:
🡱 🡳