Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I hate it when that happens - something screws up which ruins a perfectly good mission. I recall doing one in Wildlands in which you needed to steal a helicopter and deliver it to a place. Along the way you are accosted with Unidad helos that you need to shoot down. Unfortunately for me, the game did a hiccup after I had completed much of the mission, but in the game recovery, it sent me right back to the beginning where I had to steal the copter again. I abandoned that mission.  :banghead:

Looks like you earned a huge number of XP in that mission  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

thanks, and yes, it wasn't too shabby :)

Save points that were created by the game which were created in the worst possible situation, oh man, who doesn't hate that. Same goes for sending you back to the start, after spending quite some time already :banghead:

PZ

Yeah, I hate being sent back to the starting point rather than to the last point you made an error. What a waste of time going through exactly the same obstacles you already completed. There is nothing in a game that is more annoying to me, and mostly I'll just abandon the mission or game altogether.

Art Blade

Although Hitman doesn't allow unlimited save games, only a handful manual and a handful auto saves, I am glad that it is like that. The auto saves allow me to go back to something quite recent and perhaps try something again that had just gone wrong while the manual saves can be dropped at any time. I am kind of glad it works like that because if you give me the option for unlimited save games, I will create a nearly unlimited amount of save games which I will have to store somewhere and that usually eats up a good chunk of my hard drives :gnehe: Hitman keeps itself, and me, under control :anigrin:

PZ

:D :thumbsup:

I can understand that - personally however, I'll consume hard disk space over having a limited number of saves any time.

Dweller_Benthos

One of the old games I'm replaying, No One Lives Forever, has a few stealth missions where getting spotted by a guard or security camera will fail the mission and you start over. I'm not fond of these, but it's an otherwise fun game. Anyway, a few times when I played it long ago (it came out in 2000 or 2001) I recall hitting the quick save button at a time I really shouldn't have, and a guard immediately turns the corner and spots me and I fail, and the only other save is at the mission start which in some cases could be close to an hour of sneaky game play back in time. So in my new attempt I'm being more careful with the quick saves, killing a guard, being sure his body is not spotted, then saving and moving on.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nex

:anigrin:
Something similar happened to me in FC2, I had to go back to my previous save which
also put me back a few hours game time.
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

hehe, I had the same kind of experience, too :anigrin: Since then, I too have been very conscious about when to drop a save :anigrin:

Art Blade

A new Elusive Target, #7 in Sapienza. It was horrible, random, glitched.. However, I managed to get Silent Assassin and Suit Only. And I unlocked that sweet Italian suit with gloves which I already loved in Hitman season 1. You see, with that "all inclusive" game pack I got access to those "legacy" maps and their respective challenges, like this ET, and they bring back those suits that I already unlocked in the first game. So cool that you can kind of play both games in the new game. That's proper value for the money I spent. Ah, I am so happy to have "my suit" back," nice :thumbsup: :anigrin:

I included some glitches and bloopers, enjoy :)

PZ

I like how you can see people through walls

Art Blade

yep, at any time. It's called "instinct" :)

Art Blade

I don't believe it, copyright claim on that video, ALREADY.. what the heck.. it's that choir you hear as a background "sound" in the morgue  ???

"Ads might appear on your video.
Monetized by copyright owner
Copyrighted content was found in your video.
The claimant is allowing their content to be used in your YouTube video. However, ads might appear on it.

Viewing restrictions    None
Monetization    Monetized by claimant

If you agree with these conditions, you don't have to do anything.

2:01 - 4:09
- Killer Tracks - Stanley Robinson, Karl Richter, Ensemble Baroque de Budapest, Choeurs de la Chapelle New Schola Cantorum, The Munich Baroque Quartet, Yehudi Menuhin
Sound recording"

:banghead:

PZ

Art Blade

wow, jus checked again and now it's:

AdRev for a 3rd Party; LatinAutor - UMPG, LatinAutor, Public Domain Compositions, UBEM, and 4 Music Rights Societies

claiming their rights. Haha! I am currently having YouTube mute that passage to get rid of the claims.

Also, I had had a hunch that it might be good to keep the original OpenShot project. Indeed. I edited the video again, kept some sounds rather than a completely muted long passage, commented on it in my editor and uploaded that already as "unlisted" so I can see quickly whether or not someone still finds it worth claiming. They're fast so I'll know fast, too. Once it's presumably "clean," I'll publish it.

Art Blade

this is what it looks like when you look a the video descriptio on YouTube and click on "more"

see attachment

Tags:
🡱 🡳