Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

hehe, in a way, yes. :anigrin: You know how much I like to head for an exit and wait for a kill "to happen" and then to casually leave :gnehe: Meaning, I like to set up kill traps that set off when I'm already far enough from the action that nobody will suspect me. Perfect. :)

Art Blade

Here, a community-made "featured" contract. Kills only with bare hands, no disguises allowed (except the one you start out with) and all kinds of handicaps. It was a cool contract but bloody difficult not to mess it up. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

That was fun, and you make it look so easy really, just wander around, find the person and kill them. All in a day's w0#k, right? The flamingo suit is just a cherry topping.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thank you, D_B :)

I love the blue flamingo (lol) costume. It might have been flamingo-pink once (they obtain their colour mostly from carotene in their food) but this costume looks as if it had been discoloured in the washer :anigrin: Although the legs are still pink but that may be just a new pair of pink stockings and some new fluffy house shoes.. anyway, it looks really funny. :)

The video shows a "featured contract" (some player created it and the devs featured it) and it comes with a lot of complications. Most of them are strict, the mission will fail instantly if you don't comply:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

What you observed in the vid only now looks easy. Actually it did my head in for quite some time trying to solve it. So I checked YouTube but most vids show supersonic speed runs, none of them worked for me. Only one guy had a slow version but even that didn't w0#k for me because it wasn't reliable. I would get spotted randomly when killing either one of two specific targets and that meant I had to start all over again. So I had to improvise on his solution and the result is what you see in the vid. That solution works every time and doesn't require speed :)

Art Blade

now some speed.. 0:31, job done. It got me right into the top 200 out of 10,000 :bigsmile:

Martial Art(s) :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah nice, and under a strict set of rules too. So have you thought of making your own missions? Is it easy? Do they have some kind of editor for it?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I already did, yes, the game comes with an editor and it is easy. Essentially, you pick a normal mission (map) and just kill up to 5 people. You need to mark them either before or after the kill, you can unmark them, too. Once you're done with selecting and killing targets, you write a mission briefing and a headline and you can add or remove conditions like "suit only" etc, see a few posts above the screenshot with the complications for the Bangkok "Heartbreak Hotel" mission that you said I made look so easy.

Anyway, here a new short kill vid and bloody hell, I suspect some idiot cheater abuses my name.. he got a SIX SECONDS run, yeah, sure. I can't even get up and run to the exit that fast, let alone shoot two people without getting spotted nor bodies found while running towards the exit and hitting that button.

PZ

???

I'm surprised that the server allows same identity names

Art Blade

I suspect that both the name AND the score are fraudulent/hacked. I mean, I watched videos of people actually managing to pull off a score within a few seconds but for instance, one guy called SPRUT shows up on EVERY score board of the main game (this here was "just" a community mission) as #1 with impossible timings. It has become a sport for the real pro gamers to try to beat his cheated score by pulling of truly cool and legal stunts. Simply put: where there are score boards, there are cheaters in the top ranks. I don't care much about getting top scores but when I am close, it is a shame that I end up like ranking 11 while the top ten are all cheated. And indeed, it is a shame that someone who is obviously a cheater like that SPRUT guy, that they don't ban him from the score boards. I suppose it's so much w0#k to keep the scores real that they much rather leave it be. Still, shame on people with cheated top scores.

PZ

Yes indeed. Too much trouble because those cheaters would simply create a new identity and within minutes be cheating all over again.

Art Blade

back to the fun aspect. I mean FUN aspect. This time, I really went ape :gnehe: Bombing the living daylights out of targets, still Silent Assassin and Suit Only rating and a reasonable time (ranked #754 out of 6836)

CRAZY FLAMINGO BOMBER RUN :anigrin: (featured contract, called "Garbage Day")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQcbSNcg5Hg

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 06, 2019, 07:59:57 AMIs it easy? Do they have some kind of editor for it?

I decided to upload the whole process: editor/tutorial and the first contract: Just a test. All in one video, without editing it.

Will post it here, at least for now as "unlisted" so for now I'll limit access to this forum (unless anyone links to it) so.. if you're interested in watching the process, be my guest. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvcBa9aicfc

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 06, 2019, 07:59:57 AM
So have you thought of making your own missions?

As shown in the prior post, yes, but this time a vid of me tackling my own contract with a professional touch regarding timing and ranking and all that. Watch until the very end so you'll see an exit with a body flying into the sky :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t6jQHA2-nM

Strangely, despite my "warning" as a mission description not to play it as it was just a test, some people still played it.

And today I discovered someone beat me by a mile (my previous best time was 0:47, hehe) with a spectacular 20-seconds run. I had to figure out how he did it. I even ended up remapping some of my keys, like the one needed for activating the exit, because I lost a second or two by switching the shoulder camera rather than exiting and stuff like that. Crazy, just to shave off those one or two seconds :)

Turns out he can't have used the default starting point which I had been using before. And turns out the only way to get to that speed is the Tranquiliser pistol which, new rules set by the devs, doesn't count against the SA rating if someone finds a tranquilised body. However, the victim must not see you shooting them or you'll get an "unconscious witness" which ruins the run.

Just for your info, next to the mini map you will notice a new green or red icon (crossed pistols) which helps keeping track of whether or not you're still able to achieve a "Silent Assassin" rating. It may go from red to green if.. well, I posted the rules a little further down. The rules for SA are complicated if you're not familiar with them but you'll get used to them:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-april-update
"To earn the Silent Assassin rating in any mission, players will need to complete all objectives and exit the mission, without any of the following 7 events occurring:
1. An NPC escalates to the Compromised state.
2. An NPC escalates to the Suspicious state.
3. An NPC catches Agent 47 trespassing.
4. An NPC finds a dead or pacified body. (Accident kills and poision kills do not fail this event)
5. Agent 47 is spotted performing an illegal or suspicious action through a camera by an NPC. (If there is no guard watching the camera feed, 47 will get recorded but can still earn the SA rating by destroying the evidence.)
6. Getting recorded by a security camera and failing to destroy the evidence.
7. Agent 47 kills a non-target.

Additional: For events 1-5, if the NPC that triggers the event is a target (and no other non-targets trigger the same event or gains knowledge from the target), the SA rating will be retained on mission end."

Which is cool. :) It means you can do anything with and to the target as long as they can't tell anyone (because of their sudden death..) :anigrin:

Art Blade

just for your information, I swapped the content of the two posts above in order to get it in order :anigrin:

Now you'll first read about creating and then see the actual time attack, hitting #1 on the ranking with just 20 seconds. It was tough to figure that one out but damn, if that other guy was able to pull it off, I just had to as well. It's my own contract for crying out loud and if someone makes me look like a fool by beating me by a mile, hell no. And I did beat him in the end.

I think it's about as fast as you can get on that, possibly with a few XP points for time bonus more but only if you've got a lot of luck with the randomness (how those three people move and react) combined with perfect timing. Both #2 and #1 are extremely close as you can tell by looking at the global score board. :bigsmile:

Tags:
🡱 🡳