Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Regarding the last video, what actually happened:

First I triggered the fireworks which made the female target go to the balcony on the top floor of the palace to watch it. You can see the palace and the balcony at the start of the vid. Then I tossed my briefcase onto the boat which really isn't necessary, it's some kind of fun role playing aspect, like I pretended I didn't want to leave the briefcase behind and tossed it onto the boat with which I would escape once the mission was over. I'd imagine that I'd pick it up before starting the engines. It hadn't got anything to do with the action and outcome of the mission. However, the boat isn't a regular exit as you need to find its keys first. Normally people would take the helicopter or other exits.

Previously, I had stacked 5 propane flasks, one micro explosive, 3 fire extinguishers, one explosive duck, one military remote explosive which I had stuck behind a gas heater and (she was carrying it, I made her pick it up) an explosive figurine, Napoleon Blownapart which I thought fitting for the Paris map. :gnehe: Basically I had stuffed everything that could blow up on the balcony. It was all I could bring from the mission planning menu and all I could find on the map except there were more fire extinguishers around but they're not as explosive as the rest so it didn't matter much. It was an awful lot already :anigrin:

I had also placed four coins on the balcony's balustrade so she'd see them when opening the balcony doors.

That was what I was looking for when I used "instinct" which shows the target as a red silhouette even through walls. What you see is how she walks up to the balcony, stops because she notices the coins, then moves ahead to pick them up. All explosives were behind her when she was picking up those coins.

Then I triggered the military explosive behind the gas heater which set off everything behind her at once. The massive explosion was almost too much for the game engine :gnehe: It sent the target flying across the playable area and across the river Seine. She disappeared in the black map hole on the map's end and disappeared which caused the "body hidden +25" message as nobody would be able to find her.

Mission complete, exit.

Took a lot of time to get it from an idea to an actually working setup but it was a lot of fun creating it :)

Art Blade

Here the "best of," tons of crazy explosions recorded during the creation of "Finishing Paris in Style"

Have fun :)

fragger

There's something insidiously comical about an "exploding duck" :anigrin:

Art Blade

hehe :anigrin: There's a lot of comical and funny stuff in this game. It has never taken itself too seriously which is yet another reason why I love it so much. :bigsmile:

Art Blade

by the way, my community contract "Just A Test" is now in the top three of "trending" contracts. Over seventy people tried their luck so far and two actually beat my score, one even with a stunning 19-seconds run. O0

PZ

Art Blade

thank you :) albeit, I really didn't intend it to become anything. As I clearly stated in its mission briefing that is unavoidably visible when checking out that contract, "Don't play it. It's just for the tutorial." Yet still they keep playing it so much that it's even in the top three of trending contracts :banghead: :D

PZ

Art Blade

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Find that body, I dare you!

Guard1: "How do you think he got all the way out in the ocean?"
Guard2: "Dunno, think it has anything to do with all these exploded propane tanks?"
Guard1: "Naahhhhhh"
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

One guard actually said after that massive explosion, "I'll pretend I didn't hear that." :laughsm:

Dweller_Benthos

Must be getting minimum wage, lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Heh, actually they sometimes say that: "I'm not getting paid enough for this *bleep*" :anigrin:

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳