Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Again I watched White Locks's stream live for quite some time and chatted with him while he was streaming. I know him from YouTube and from his excellent walkthroughs like for Kingdom Come Deliverance. I have to say the way he played RDR2 was so much better than the first two playthroughs from different people that I watched a year ago that I'm now considering getting the game when it comes to steam. Not sure but watching him playing outside the main mission, the free roaming and random events, experimenting and exploring was really nice.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

that vid, so funny because that bird is perhaps a bit too fat for a running takeoff :D Very cool though O0

LowPolyOWG

I read a review that mentioned R* still clinged to the clunky movement controls for PC :banghead: So, don't expect accurate mouse/keyboard controls ::)

Art Blade

Having watched the latest stream and interacted with White Locks during the stream (we had fun :) ) I can say that it's now clear: I'm going to get this game when it comes to steam.

Forget most of the nonsense that's on YouTube. It doesn't do the game justice. You can make it a game of your own regarding playing a villain or a good guy (except for main missions of course) and you can do SO MUCH STUFF in this game that is not related to the main mission.. the random events are great by the way. A couple of main missions will be necessary to progress/unlock some stuff but I've seen what it possible even during the early stages of the game, it is amazing.

:)

BinnZ

You can say of Rockstar what you want, complain about many flaws, but they are the undisputed Open World Masters  :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

and the masters of details.

Imagine, when they released RDR2, that game made them more money within just TWO WEEKS than the entire sales of RDR1 up to now. WHAAAAaaat! ??? O0 and out of 200 nominations, RDR2 won 112. So far. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Art's enthusiasm is almost convincing me to get it, when's it come to steam? The controls issue is a little worrying though.

Oh, and you can go first person right? Always the deal breaker.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I don't know when it's coming to steam but I think I heard that it won't be that long.

yeah, you can switch between 1st and 3rd at any time :anigrin: :anigrin: :anigrin:

I'll give you the latest stream that convinced me and you'll notice how White Locks and I keep interacting all the time. So essentially "together we played it" in a way that I would have played it. In the last stream I suggested trying out dynamite fishing and he said he had wanted to do that, too, and he did it during the stream, crazy, it works :) Which is why I like that guy, he's not your typical YouTuber. He experiments and he sees all the things you see and perhaps even more than you see. I never think, "oh man are you blind?!" or "why didn't you.." because he really plays properly :) His walkthroughs are actual 100% walkthroughs with playing through different dialogue options to see what happens if you do, fantastic.

Later in the stream, perhaps at the 4- or 5-hour-mark, "we" literally went off the rails a bit but he later returned to a "normal" save game, so it was just for fun. We had already decided to try to have a guy lassoed and tied up and put on the rails to see whether or not he can be killed by a train :evil2:

It went on to hijacking and blowing up a train and killing some people.. yes, you can hijack a train and like in GTAV, ride around the map on it. It can also be destroyed. A canoe on a river, a guy trying frantically to paddle away, he shot it several times and it sunk! So crazy. You also see eagles dive down and catch fish. The details! And generally speaking, it's more fun to play the good guy but you can just as well do the opposite but it's a lot harder. There's something like the wanted level in GTA in place, a bounty on your head and both bounty hunters and "the law" will try to catch and kill you. As soon as you're close to people, they might recognise you and call the law to investigate. Can be fun, I suppose, but I'd rather play the good guy.

Just make sure to check the exact 1-minute start of the vid, the link is prepared accordingly. :gnehe:

BinnZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on November 08, 2019, 07:43:20 AM
Art's enthusiasm is almost convincing me to get it, when's it come to steam?

Rockstar confirmed it will come to Steam in December. But up until now no date or official Steam announcement, so it might be just a few days before Xmas. That's what I assume.

I'm not going to watch playthroughs and other people playing it, I'd rather get the full experience once it's there for me to play.

I will probably start achievement hunting first, and while on it enjoying SP to the max. Then, for the last bit of achievements I will switch to online. And if the same thing happens as in GTA, I will stay online for long, and forget about single player. That's why I am curious about one thing; will the RD Online world be a capped version of the SP one? Like in GTA? I assume not, or at least not that drastically, since wildlife for example is much more important for this game than it was in GTA, but maybe they fooled around with the variety settings again, like they did with GTA's amount of different cars driving through the city etc.

But with an average more powerful rig for the player base they probably make the experience online an improved version too, so let's hope for the best :)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

Thanks, GKID, for pointing out that topic. I'll merge them now and pull the one from general gaming over to "now being played"

Art Blade

done.

only ONE topic for RDR2 now.

Your link points to this topic now so.. :anigrin:

Anyway, +1 :thumbsup: to you, G. ;)

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

:)

Oh man, I'd never have thought that I'd say this one day:

Can't wait to get this game. :D