Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, I remember reading from your older comments that you were not interested in the game.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

what changed my mind was a VERY extensive view of the free roam open world aspects including random events. The main story is still something I don't find convincing but hey.. a good mix of both should be fine. I'm definitely more interested in the open world aspects of the game than in its story missions. Outside the story you can actually play as if Arthur Morgan was a decent character. :)

Dweller_Benthos

hmmm ... I will watch some of that stream and see what I think after that. It would be nice to get the crew together again, not sure what the online portion will be, will they have objectives and story-like missions to do like they have in GTA?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

the streams have been mostly open world character, not story-driven. If you like that as much as I do.. you're in for a treat. :)

I am not sure about online. The mere thought of all the free-roaming idiots makes me shudder, much like in GTA.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I would hope more for the sort of thing like get a crew together and go rob a bank or something, or stop the bad guys from robbing a bank, whichever. But yeah just having random people running around like in GTA might not be good. Sometimes it's fine, but most times it's not.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

if there is anything like "invite only" or "friends only" then we can think about joining up. However, if R* does anything as stupid as in GTA where those two options bar you from most activities that are only possible in a "free for all" online session, then I will definitely not participate in those activities that force me to join a random idiot session.

Art Blade

by the way, I absolutely adore the raccoon hat which can be acquired during a bar fight. Those tiny ears sticking out when looking at the hat from behind! LOL!

It looks as if a raccoon was clamping to the head, or cuddled up on it, its face looking forwards and its tail hanging from the back. SO FUNNY!  :)

Art Blade

here is a very short vid that shows the raccoon hat (you can look at the thumbnail to get an idea but the vid is about a hatchet location so watching it will be a spoiler)

Spoiler

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

fragger

"Daniel Boone, Daniel Boone,
What a doer, what a dream-come-a-truer
was Daniel Boone!"

Now I want to see the guy split a whole tree in half with a single throw of his hatchet...

Spoiler

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

A new PC patch arrived yesterday. Fixes some graphical issues and R* says they will w0#k "closely" with Nvidia to fix driver problems
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

White Locks commented on bugs in games as follows, paraphrasing:

the industry releases games in an alpha or beta stadium with bugs, then the community complains, then they fix bugs, then the community praises the devs/publishers how they fix bugs. The bugs are always related to gameplay.

But the monetisation in their games, when players have to pay for something, that always works perfectly from the start.

:D

PZ

Art Blade

Apparently RDR2 will be released on steam some time in December.. yay :)

So.. this might come in handy soon:

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360037908634/RDR2-on-PC-General-Troubleshooting

Tags:
🡱 🡳