Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

I was also disappointed to discover the forced account bullshit, of course I didn't do that :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

In the meantime, I've finally maxed out Dutch's camp. It was damn expensive, I must have spent over $1,500 for everything and supplies come extra. I used 2 gold bars to finance most of it. Other than what I read, you don't need a fence to convert gold bars into money. If you donate them to the camp, they're worth $500 each, to spend on upgrades. I only just now did a mission that unlocked a fence but I can't (yet) use him. I hope it won't take long.. I still got tons of jewellery and whatnot that I wish to turn into money :anigrin:

Whatever special stuff I wanted to find, none of the maps showed it. Speaking of which..

Because not one interactive map shows the Arabian horse location that I found, allow me. :gnehe:

Elite handling, worth $45. It's so good that I made it my main horse.

wild Arabian Warped Brindle
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Arabian location top of the map (where I am, not where the red marker is)

Arabian Warped Brindle

Art Blade

I found out what graphics setting eats away the most of your precious FPS.

Finally I can run it at ULTRA. :) Even if you're using a lower spec PC, this one detail might still help you.

video showing the settings and benchmark

Art Blade

I lowered some of the settings and by that, dumped the VSync, to get more stable and reliable 60+ FPS. It is incredible how demanding this game is on ultra settings. I ditched some of the "distance" stuff like far away fog details and such and now got 51 min / 111 max / 84 average FPS. The minimum is often affected by starting up a level so it's not really representative of what in-game low FPS actually are. Some areas of the game map are constantly foggy and that's when it's most likely to be eating away the FPS. I was in a town (St Denis) that I think is based on New Orleans and in the twilight with mist and tons of light sources and people and other details, the game did kind of not catch up despite the FPS being on 60 with VSync on. That is what made me rethink the "ultra" setup.. what good is it if everything is ultra beautiful but your game lags out? Reducing some settings makes it feel a LOT smoother now and I can't really tell the difference when it comes to the graphics.

I had a strange encounter in St Denis that cost me honour. I heard voices up the street, some argument, noticed that a guy had a woman by the neck and another guy also involved there but siding with the other guy. Apparently a robbery. Before I could even get there a shot was fired and the lady went down and I lost a good chunk of honour for not helping. Great.

Also in that town, three gang members were trying to intimidate me. I killed them with throwing knives, looted them, and got away without anyone saying anything and without losing honour. When I returned just to see whether or not things would change now, I observed some guy who was suspicious of the bodies and investigating. When I tried to stop him, things got a tad out of control and I surrendered to the lawman who came running. I ended up in jail, lost some money but that's about it. No massive drop in honour but still noticeable.

I decided to reload a savegame. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

RDR2 was -20 off on Steam, so time to go yeehaw :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

:thumbsup: :anigrin:

this is about the most common game here now :gnehe:

PZ

It has been a while since I played RDR2, but I enjoyed it quite a bit, mostly because the graphics are so good, and the game play was reminiscent of the original RDR

Art Blade

PZ, now it's on PC.. :gnehe:

I found a new horse, a thoroughbred this time (the DLC horse is a thoroughbred, too) and since it looks white-ish as if rolled in flour (it's a dapple grey race horse) I just had to call her "Flour Power," accordingly :gnehe:

fragger

I'm glad to see there's a game that more than just one or two of us are into :thumbsup: Doesn't sound like my cup of tea (and I'm still very heavily invested in FO4), but I'm enjoying that you guys are enjoying it.

Art Blade

:)

I'm mostly hunting in this game. Animals, not criminals. :anigrin:

Art Blade

There's a challenge that I can't imagine doing without getting a bounty on my head thanks to that stupid game design or how they set up that challenge. I got both. Challenge completed and bounty on my head. After paying off my bounty (and I kept it to an absolute minimum of $60) I am now a tad more angry.

At first I thought I'd play the 100% good guy. Then, a few "accidents" later, I've come to believe that the occasional exception is OK. I beat up a guy just to get his hat. I killed a guy just to get his hat and two perfect cow skins. I killed a gold washer and sold his horse. I killed a few witnesses resulting from a bodged attempt to free someone. Well.

I just robbed an illegitimate side business only to get access to a weapon that is still locked when trying to buy it from the catalogue. Makes me wonder WHY they're still sticking to "locking" stuff away, like map regions, weapons.. any other citizen in that town can buy it but I am not allowed to? They ride everywhere they want but I am not allowed to?

I've got to live with it but I've said it and will say it again, there's a lot of "boomer" design in this game.

As to being a 100% good guy.. there's a fan-made short clip that was recommended to me by White Locks (who inspired me to get the game) and I think it's 100% accurate :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Is it still on the Steam sale? I did promise Art I'd buy it when it was, lol.

Oh and that video is hilarious! Pretty much the way it goes, too.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

I might just start up RDR2 again. It has been a while since I played, and as most of you gents know, my memory is not all that good, so it will be a new experience for me.  :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin: Have fun then  :)

Ohh, Scripthook is updated  :gnehe:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Tags:
🡱 🡳