Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Oh man I had to laugh so hard just now.. unfortunately the photo mode doesn't w0#k (WHY???) when doing flips yourself, only a base function is available, really stupid.

However:

Horse and I were on top of a snowy and icy mountain side. Then I slipped and fell off a glacier, still rolling down when suddenly I heard a rumbling sound from behind and above, like an avalanche coming down. It was the horse coming after me, trying very hard to show off and when it overtook me by flying over my head it almost shaved off my nose and all I saw was its arse big as a Zeppelin, the whole screen just a horse's arse. It kept doing flips and barrel rolls in front of me all the way down and then needed reviving, even, that clown :D

Art Blade

D_B:

I actually managed to find a solution for you regarding those two horses. :)

The saddle thing is the key for it. :anigrin:

However, you need a temp horse, literally only temporarily, because the rule "only one stabled horse outside" still applies and one horse has to be waiting outside the stable or it won't w0#k.

1) ride with one of your horses (that have a stable) and a temp horse to the stable.
2) remove the saddle from main "horse 1" and put it on your temp horse.
3) tell "horse 1" to wait and ride into the stable with your temp horse
4) you'll now be asked to stable or sell that temp horse, do as you wish
5) choose "horse 2" from the stable to saddle up and hit ESC to exit the stable

You'll now be riding main "horse 2" and see temp "horse 1" outside the stable and it even kept its name "horse 1."

Now you can be with both horses at the same time.

And yes, call me "master of horses." :gnehe:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Well, there is a way, thanks for that Art! And just coincidentally, I couldn't think of a name for the horse, so I literally named it "Horse One" - I haven't named the other horse yet, but it will be "Horse Two" of course.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Art Blade

by the way, I came up with that idea when I got the white Arabian.

Milk
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

My stable was full. I didn't want to sell the DLC horse Frisbee which actually cost real money for the DLC, nor the Arabian horse Paint Job, nor the tortured creature Sweet Poor Thing.. and I had erm, inherited, a horse that, as per compendium, can only be bought, an American Standardbred race horse with great stats, called Widowmaker. The name: the horse kicked its former owner dead.. but I managed to catch, keep, and stable it.

And then came Milk, the white Arabian super horse..

At first I sold Sweet Poor Thing for $1 but it made me quite unhappy and sad. Then I had the idea as described above, and now she's my temp horse (she kept her name!) and Milk inherited her stable. I'm very happy with that solution and I've actually got 5 trained and named horses now :bigsmile:

Art Blade

Just a little anecdote:

Remember Binn showed a screenie taken at the doctor's practice where the doc was amputating some guy's arm.. and remember that I recommended to keep a temp horse at all times? Both comes together now..

I had sold my temp horse and was planning to get a new one when I went to get an alligator skin. I had just shot a perfect alligator when my horse starts to get really nervous because another alligator is homing in on us so I kill it. Turns out to be perfect, too. Just one horse but two skins.. damn it.. so I stow the alligator skin on my horse and hear sounds. A man collapsed on his horse and fell off, whimpering, not moving, so I ride over to help him. Turns out I need to pick him up and.. put him on a horse.. the only one with me had the passenger seat blocked with one of those two perfect alligator skins.. so I remove it and put the man there instead, leaving behind two perfect alligator skins. In St Dennis I put him into the doctor's amputation chair like Binn's pic showed. Unlike Binn, I don't stay to watch.. I walk out and check the rooms. The front room is the pharmacy, nobody there.. so I rob the cash from the register and return to doc and patient, with $22 payment for my troubles in my pocket.. :anigrin:

I had to go for another alligator of course. A second horse would have allowed me to get both skins and even with that guy happening, I'd still have had one skin to take home.

A second horse is really, really useful.. ;)

Anyway. That alligator skin was the very last ingredient needed for the camp, it is now completely maxed out, fully decorated, and I got all satchels. There's nothing more to do for me in the camp except order provisions once in a while. All of that done, still in chapter 2. :gnehe:

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on December 30, 2019, 03:10:31 PM
And yes, call me "master of horses." :gnehe:

Not "The Horse Whisperer"? No, I guess not. How about "The Horse Hollerer"?

Art Blade

it's not so much about the voice :anigrin:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

With that horse master trick I can now show off with two Arabian horses. :gnehe:

Horse Master ;)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

BinnZ

O0

Did you change the tail and manes of Milk?
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

yep, black long tail and black dreads mane (same type as Paint Job's):)

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, though I know for sure I will never have the patience to get that many horses stabled, I can barely stand the ones I've got. Most likely if I ever come across another one, unless it's exceptional, I'd just sell it. Better than leaving it on the railroad tracks, which is the first thing I thought of when I crossed them, what would happen if I left a horse here and a train comes along?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

lol Dweller :D

As long as you don't hitch them, they'll move and run away if there's danger. The only time I ever noticed a horse panic helplessly was after hitching it to a tree while I was hunting. I saw the horse's stamina symbol turn into a red exclamation mark and it stayed like that so I went looking. An alligator was slowly getting closer to his promising horse dinner and the horse dinner couldn't run away. Ever since, I don't hitch them when hunting, I just tell them to stay (which is more like, "don't follow") so they can run away if they're in danger. That works.

Tags:
🡱 🡳