Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

make a backup when you're in chapter 3. That's when you've got almost everything and everything is still good. I did that. And same, I really don't fancy the story, I've been saying this since even before I got the game.

Art Blade

I found out what caused the Post Office bug, not being able to receive mail.

It was caused by customising the key mapping..  :banghead:

Today I decided to try to just restore the default key bindings while at the PO and after resetting the keys, the option was back, I can receive mail.

The boomer responsible for allowing to "map away" a function without any warnings, and there are PLENTY if you try to remap keys, should be banned from the gaming industry.

Also, did the Bank Robbery in ch.3 in Valentine. On my way to Valentine I had a horse accident together with Lenny and a stranger. Lenny's horse died, he stole the horse from the deceased stranger and we then robbed the bank. When we had to leave Valentine, I got a mission failed because.. you'll guess it.. Lenny's horse died. Like, hours before we rob the bank it died, and only when we escape (he even took off on that stolen horse) the game realises his horse wasn't his horse and fails the mission. WHAT! Checkpoint was just the escape, so not a moment of progress lost, but it restored his horse and we went on. Makes me wonder who the heck did the QA for this game, really. If there was any QA.

Also, after the bank robbery, ALL of my four (saved, and stored, on the horse) outfits had been deleted. Very nice.

Did the job with Hosea next (selling Moonshine to the Braithwaits, saloon shooting in Rhodes) and I was not able to open my inventory to refill dead eye. It was just not accessible. So I was forced to shoot moving targets while bobbing around on a wagon without dead-eye. WHAT! Why did I even bother to level it up if I can run into mission situations that DON'T ALLOW ME to refill it, let alone health????? And both of my horses were gone, not on the map any more when I arrived at the camp. I retrieved the main horse from the horse station but the level4 bonding temp horse was gone. And yes, as White Locks said, it's an Indy Game, what can you expect.

Art Blade

After copying my backup of my custom key binds back into the game to sort out the ones messing with the PO, the horses have returned.. so even that was a bug that both horses were gone! WHAAAaaaaaat

Art Blade

Turns out that "Buy from Shop" and "Pay Bounty" used the same key and the game never complained. Changing the bounty key to something else solved the problem. How silly is that. :) :banghead:

Art Blade

I had a funny situation during a mission. After interrogating someone and choking his pal to death, I decided to loot the saddle bags of their horses. Charles wanted to move on already but I took my time. The horse kicked like a mule and Charles started to shoot that horse until it dropped dead. Then I looted it, and the other horse was intimidated enough not to kick me so I could loot its saddle bags in peace. Gold nuggets and other stuff.. was worth it. But geez, Charles killing a horse for kicking me? :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Wow, you really are good at digging up those bugs, I've been lucky, I haven't found any like that, though for me, the game just crashes to the desktop and the R* "Oops we crashed, want to try again or quit or use safe mode?" dialog.

I tried the online mode again, as my salty feelings towards it have abated a bit. I got a notice that I had a coupon to change appearance so I decided to try that because I didn't like the hair on my character. So, I looked and looked for the "Online options in the player menu" and had a hard time finding the player menu. After googling, I found it's called log/online (or something similar) in the key binding options and it was bound to L on my system.

OK, found the menu, it's essentially the same thing in GTA as the interaction menu I think it's called? It's where in GTA you'd call your vehicle, get the daily missions, use armor or food, etc. So in RDR2, it's where you find the player list for the lobby you're in, as well as other game options that in GTA are in the ESC screen or the information overlay. So this is where you can set your game to "aggressive" or "defensive" I think it's called, which is not exactly like ghost mode in GTA (whatever it's called) but similar. Other players can still attack you if they see you directly, but they can't lock on to you. Apparently RDR2 has auto-aim? Must be how that guy who stole my horse shot me so easy. I'm not even sure how it's activated. So there is a little bit of choice in how to play. So to test, I did a random mission I ran into, to break a guy out of jail and bring him to a hideout.

Turned out to be pretty fun actually. Never saw another human player the entire time though there were 20 or so in the session. There might be hope for the online version after all.

But I really would like a co-op mode in the single player game, where you can invite friends to your single player game, they join and you can then do stuff in their game, like how Generation Zero and Astroneer do multiplayer. That would be really fun I think.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 20, 2020, 08:03:35 AM
...But I really would like a co-op mode in the single player game, where you can invite friends to your single player game, they join and you can then do stuff in their game, like how Generation Zero and Astroneer do multiplayer. That would be really fun I think.

I totally agree. Coop in any game is fun while PvP does not interest me at all.

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 18, 2020, 04:12:43 PM
Well, I read those spoilers and I can say I'm not crazy about that ending. Honestly, I might never finish the game now. The main quest that is.

I was disappointed in the ending - did not like changing to John Marston. However, even on the console I have lots of saves, and when I replay an early mission it essentially starts a new game from that point with my horse, weapons, and most if not all of the stuff I need.

BinnZ

PZ, what was your horse in RDR2 with Arthur?
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

I met the lady again who wanted another race. This time the reward message was: "your horse's speed has improved."

Turns out it's not "your horse" but any of your horses. At first I did that race with a former temp horse and it got an extra digit in yellow added to the speed stats so I loaded a save from just before the race (coincidence) and changed to my Arabian horse Paint Job (my favourite horse, followed by Sweet Poor Thing) to improve him instead. So I won again and indeed base stats were 6 speed (like the white Arabian) and the saddle +2 yellow speed bars and now there were 3 yellow speed bars, total 9 speed. Great :)

The more impressive thing was that my actual temp horse also got that yellow +1 speed bar added. I haven't checked the stable yet but I think every horse I own will get it, possibly future horses as well. Will keep you posted.

Edit: yes, indeed, any horse I own, including future horses. In the camp are usually horses that belong to nobody so I saddled one. It received the additional yellow speed bar. Even after putting my saddle back on Paint Job and "activating" (just sit on it once) my previous temp horse again (that I had before saddling the third horse) which was hitched next to him, the third horse still had the yellow bar even though it was now neither my main nor my temp horse. It became just another horse again but it kept the 1 bonding and the 1 yellow speed bar. Cool. O0

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that's the message I got when the guy shot his horse after losing. Nice to know it applies to any horse you ride.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

the euphoria regarding +1 speed for horses didn't last long.

For some reason, that bonus is gone, for all horses.

:banghead:

Art Blade

OK so now it's back again to +1 speed for Paint Job.

:main_knockout:

Art Blade

Art Blade

and back again ???

I guess it means the game wants us to have it bug but keeps forgetting to show it.

Tags:
🡱 🡳