Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I think we all had our share of erroneously punching our horse at one time or even more than once. I changed my key binds after it had happened to me. I needed to change them again when it turned out that "greeting" and "jump to horse" were the same key. So rather than greeting friendly when someone came riding past me, I instead jumped on their horse and knocked them off it, which is de facto stealing their horse. They were not amused, either.

Dweller_Benthos

It really annoys me when you're riding along somewhere and going to pass someone and the "Jump to horse" prompt shows up and you slow down automatically. Then you have to tap the move forward and run keys a couple times to get your horse going again at a good clip.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

same here. Every time you pass a coach of sorts, same thing. I don't necessarily get the jump prompt but still it slows down my horse. There's apparently one way to bypass it which works most of the time but it isn't a good idea in towns.. just speed up and overtake with a bit of distance side by side. As long as you don't greet while approaching it should allow you to run past. You can still greet looking back after passing. In a town, speeding is very likely to cause unwanted interactions, to put it mildly :gnehe:

Art Blade

Alright, gentlemen, I did it.. finished the bandit and weapons expert challenges with John (1st playthrough) and by that, all challenges. And that unlocked the Legend of the East outfit. I also bought the remaining gun gear upgrades from the trapper which in turn unlocked the last bits to get full circles around all cores.

It has been quite a trip and I'm happy that I did it. :)

Legend Of The East
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Anyone got any idea or better skills at searching the net?

I can't find out which perk I'm missing, under Player/Arthur or John/General:

missing one perk (also 1 missing per core)

Art Blade

done, 100% completion. :)

(and thanks for letting me borrow that pic, Binn)

Just now got the last legendary fish (or more like, got rid of that horrible guy) and unlocked that achievement. :) I didn't lose that much honour during the bandit challenge this time, about 2cm (less than an inch) on the honour meter and greeting people in Saint Denis for some time put it back to 100. I used a few tricks to avoid massive honour losses, like jumping off the robbed train before anyone could tell the law, save, reload. No wanted level, no bounty. The only expensive thing was a requirement: "amass a $250 bounty" and else, including that challenge, I probably spent less than $500 on bounties during the whole bandit challenges. Having done them before, I knew what to expect and it was actually half as bad as I thought it would be before I had done any of them. I actually kind of enjoyed most of it :evil2:

Still, the one question remains, even with 100% completion, what the hell am I missing there in the perks section?

Art Blade

I had a theory that it might have been those meteorite fragments which I sold long ago but I can verify (with my other playthrough I just picked them up) that it's not those fragments.

mandru

I don't know if this will help but it was addressing your exact question and shows the same perk list you posted.

www.rdr2.org/forums/topic/5651-undiscovered-perk/

See if the response posted matches your game play experience.  Good luck.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

thank you very much for even trying to help, mandru :) +1 :thumbsup: for the effort alone.

Unfortunately nobody solved the puzzle. The suggestion it could be something blah blah Indian.. was wrong. I got that trinket and it doesn't fill that gap. Once I "retro-activated" it with my old playthrough by replaying the mission, getting the trinket and keeping it, the other time during my new (2nd) playthrough doing the mission properly when it was its turn, and kept it. Neither profile shows the missing perk.

Dweller_Benthos

Did you get the Indian trinket without killing anyone? Seems that's a requirement. I can't believe there's something unknown in this game still, everything else has been discovered and categorized. Even the online item quests that I do have all been listed down to the hour in game when they appear. Sure makes finding them a lot easier, lol.
D_B

Art Blade

Yes, I got that one. That was essentially what the link mandru posted was about and my reply to that referred to it.

It's called Owl Feather trinket.

Dweller_Benthos

So you have everything now?
D_B

Art Blade

regarding Single Player, kind of, yes. Under progress, completion, there I got 100%. There is still one odd unfinished side mission in Saint Denis and one with the crazy robot (damn, I really have to do that now for the electric lantern!) but those side missions don't count towards 100% completion, as the in-game progress still shows 100% even with ongoing side missions. Also, when I look at progress, compendium, the pic to click to open it, I "only" got 545 of 563 there.

Having said all of that.. I can still do a thing or two. :)

Art Blade

OK, got that electric lantern.

Binn, you said you had it.. when on or next to your horse, open the weapons wheel and go through the knives, the lantern will show up there. ;) For some reason the lantern(s) may disappear from the weapons wheel but they'll be on the horse, then. :banghead: BOOMER programming. :anigrin:

Art Blade

there's a bunch of 5 hatchets I was missing given that they are items that you can actually lose, I stopped collecting them as Arthur during my 1st playthrough but now as John I'll just pick them up. You don't think they can get lost? Try it: throw any of those collectible hatchets like the Viking hatchet into a tree, then check your weapons wheel, and that while standing next to or sitting on your horse.. it's gone. It doesn't seem to respawn, either. I tried that, tree in Valentine, fast-travelled across the map, slept, fast-travelled back.. gone. Nowhere to be found. Great. For some reasons John inherited Arthur's hatchets, probably those he hadn't thrown into a river :anigrin: But anyway, going to collect the last three now (already got two) and cross that nonsense off the "compendium: missing items list."

Tags:
🡱 🡳