Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Alright, then. Compendium completion 551/563 and the missing 12 being some animals. Only a matter of time :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

More power to you, I know I'll never even get close.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that's only a matter of time, patience and dedication. :gnehe:

Art Blade

I took a closer look at what's still left to do in my compendium, which is limited to 12 animals. Turned out that I completely missed four snakes in Guarma and that's the place you cannot go back to.

In other words, sod it, can't complete that bit anyway so I don't even have to try to get the other stuff as it won't matter. :)

Dweller_Benthos

Ah well, the 100% player's nightmare, missing something in an area that you can't get back to. There's a guide page on steam guides for all the stuff you have to get during the story missions or you'll never see it again. I didn't concern myself with it too much.
D_B

Art Blade

same, that's why I missed it. And I don't really care that I missed the snakes.. I already got what the game considers 100% so you don't even have to complete all animals. As to steam achievements, it was clear to me from the start that I'd never even try to get all of them because "of course" quite a few of them are related to the online part which this time (other than GTA V) I won't try. Even for GTAV I never got all achievements because some were online-related but virtually impossible to get, see the one about getting a world record. When Binn pulled that off, it was not only skill (which he's got) but also a LOT of luck to pull it off when that race was still new and before the cheaters scored. Rockstar is absolutely horribly incompetent when it comes to cheaters and fixing bugs. And I'm not going to torture myself over a bugged, cheater-infested ranking system and game. :gnehe:

I've come a long way in RDR2 and achieved more than I thought I would. I'm happy that I essentially (apart from those idiotic missable animals) got all there is to do in SP and had a great time during the past roughly 1,500 hours of gaming. :)

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, the personal satisfaction is worth more for sure.

Like most games, I'll never get a completion on this either in game or steam acheivements.
D_B

Art Blade

well, as long as you're enjoying yourself and the game "to the best of your abilities" :gnehe: In the end, a game is a pastime, something to have fun with. And to me that means my type of fun, not what others are trying to dictate.

mandru

Game = My type of fun.  Words of wisdom to remember.  :bigsmile:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

fragger

Yep. If you get cranky and exasperated with a game, then why play? There are already enough sources of frustration in real life.

There are videos on You Tube showing collections of "gamer rage" clips. They consist of hot-headed people trashing their keyboards, monitors and consoles out of extreme pique because they can't get anywhere in some stupid game. I've cussed and ranted on occasion when a game ticks me off, but geez, I don't put my fist through the monitor. That hardware cost me bucks and I need it for other things besides gaming. Why would I deliberately wreck it?

On those rare occasions when I reach swearing point, I'll quit the game and do something else for a while, then maybe have another go at it when I've cooled down. Most times though, if a game gives me the right royals I'll just give up on it and play something else that I already know I like.

Dweller_Benthos

I hardly ever get to the swearing point even, usually I realize fairly early that whatever the game is asking me to do, I can't do so I don't bother. Reminds me of this Penny Arcade comic:

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2020/03/13/ori

The Ori games are super hard platform type games where you have to have split second timing and exact memorization of the level in order to get anywhere. I don't bother with games like that.
D_B

Art Blade

nice comic. :anigrin:

As to swearing and rage-quitting, I may swear but it's more likely to be a rant, particularly when the game design is ridiculously stupid or glitched. Then there are situations that I know I can solve but thanks to typically unpredictable random AI behaviour take forever to solve (in a way that I think it is actually just bad programming) that does make me swear but I typically keep trying until I fucking manage. I just don't rage or at least it will take a horrendous amount of energy to make me rage, so it's simply very, very unlikely. :anigrin:

I've never rage-quitted or destroyed anything because of raging.. doesn't fit my character profile. :)

fragger

Just to be clear, when I say "rage" or "rant" I'm speaking metaphorically, like when you say something drives you crazy - you don't mean you literally go insane :gnehe: I don't jump up out of my chair, stalk all around the room tearing at my hair and screaming obscenities loudly enough to alarm the neighbours like some of those loonies on You Tube. I mean I mutter under my breath, roll my eyes and shake my head. Low-key rage :gnehe: Same with "rage-quitting" - there's no actual rage involved, but nobody says "annoyed quit" :gnehe: I only use "rage quit" as a figure of speech.

Don't want you to get the wrong idea about me 8)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳