All aboard, I need help with my new RIG!

Started by BinnZ, February 20, 2019, 01:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

BinnZ

So true fragger! Until now, I put my old GTX570 in last friday, I haven't had a single issue. Might be the GPU after all. But I'll have to do some more testing before I can tell for sure. And then I"ll have to put the other card in again, and see if the bugs return. Time consuming business it is ::)
"No hay luz"

PZ

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

O0

As an AMD user, the Sapphire brand is very popular, due to quality. I am unsure about which Nvidia 3rd party manufacturer is regarded as the best, but I guess you will avoid Asus branded GPUs?. I discovered a neat tool called "Nvidia Profile Inspector" and that tool lets me configure my GTX 1070 in my laptop much deeper than the regular settings menu in games. I can make "ultra" settings look like a game from the early 2000s/late 1990s  :laughsm: Since AMD doesn't offer anything like that, I will go over to the green side. Until AMD gets a similar tool, I can only stick to Nvidia, if I want to fiddle around with driver level settings :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

with a regular nVidia driver, you can fine-tune your gfx just fine. There are global settings and additionally, you can specify settings for individual games and programs. :)

LowPolyOWG

Not at the same depth as Nvidia Profile Inspector.  ;)

Spoiler
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

NPI UI/settings.

Art Blade

alright, I'm glad if that is something for you :)

For me.. looking at those parameters shown, I doubt that I'd be changing a lot of those. The driver setup is already quite extensive but at least limits it to what I'd most likely need.

nex

You can do the same using GeForce Experience, and a lot safer too.
You can screw up your setting with NVidia Profile Inspector, especially if
you can't remember which setting you changed.
And that's far off from the problem BinnZ has.
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

There is a "restore driver profile" button and any changed entry will have bold to them. But yeah, not exactly the problem Binnatics is having.

BinnZ

GeForce Experience is a program that usually thinks for you and usually by that messes up your in-game graphics settings. I would never, under any circumstances, advice to use it. I've had my share of issues with it, and it never did me any good ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

same. I used to have it when it was new back then. It kept overriding MY settings for certain games with settings they thought were better suited. They were not. Plus, it's a large pack.. Recently I was contemplating installing that ShadowPlay recording software only to find out it was part of that "experience" so I decided not to. I only allow nVidia's graphics card driver and the physX driver to be installed, that's it. Small, does what it is supposed to do, and can be set up manually without overriding itself.

Dweller_Benthos

I keep the Geforce experience in for shadowplay and that's about it. It keeps bugging me to optimize my games but I keep slapping it's hand away like a vigilant mother with her child who's trying to sneak into the cookie jar. Anyway, for the most part, when I do look at what it considers the "optimized" setting, they are pretty much already set that way, so there's not much it would be doing anyway. Usually changing the AA settings but otherwise I just click "ultra" in the game menu and that about does it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

I'd take better visibilty rather than fancy graphics.  :)

nex

I'm lucky, for some weird and wonderful reason GForce Experience fails to download and
install on my pc
Respect is earned, not given.

Tags:
🡱 🡳