All aboard, I need help with my new RIG!

Started by BinnZ, February 20, 2019, 01:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

Seeing you having multiple issues and error messages, I think it's the best thing
for you to do BinnZ, these guys must to be trained technicians and would have the
resources in dealing with such matters, one way or another they will resolve the problem.
So let them take their time, believe me it can be a tedious and frustrating process, 
I've had a few of them.     :banghead:
Luck with it and I hope they find the culprit soon and at a minimal cost     O0
Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

Binn, there's a program called Blue Screen View that will scan your system for BSOD errors and display what they are and what caused them. So you don't have to try to read the BSOD screen in the few seconds before the computer reboots. I have a nagging problem with my sound card drivers, and the one system file crashes at boot quite often. Creative has no interest in updating it so I live with it. Happens about once a month. But before I looked at the error in Blue Screen View I had no idea what was causing it.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

Thanks D_B for the tip. I did see what the bluescreens were about and some pointed in the direction of drivers and others in the direction of CPU or memory. No clear lead to follow. Anyway, I will update you guys about the problem.

Actually, I Thought my problem had somehow solved. I was even thinking about emailing the company I wanted to retract my ticket. Since I updated the BIOS and disconnected that front panel audio header, I hadn't had any freeze issues anymore. That is 13 days ago now. I did have those BSOD's, but as soon as I switched off the mobo's "gaming booster" (a setting that will allow the CPU to run at 5.1 Ghz and maxes CPU fan speed) they didn't return. I switched it back on and the BSOD's came back. Turned it off and I was running without any until now. So that is evidently causing the BSOD issues.
However, that isn't really a problem, since under normal circumstances my CPU freely goes up to 4.7 Ghz without any issues, so I don't really need those 0.4 extra.

However, today I suddenly got the freezing issues again. I'm done with it now. I'm going to turn the rig in and insist they replace the mobo. Will keep you posted about how it will develop.  :undecided-new:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

bloody hell, this has been a lengthy and rather annoying trip so far. Good luck with the mobo, I certainly hope that a new one will solve those issues once and for all. :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

I just discovered a number of issues I've been experiencing with my pc, was due to the Monitor being faulty and finally packed up.
I never turn my pc's nor their monitors off, the main machine's monitor until now is an AOpen CRT 17" which I've been using for about 15 years.
Ever since we've been having power outages the past number of years I experience starting up problems with the pc,
the lights come on but then it goes into slumber mode.
Only after three to four startup attempts would it come on proper.
All that and one or two other minor glitches are sorted since the new monitor.

Art Blade

nex

I cannot believe what a difference it makes going from the old 17" CRT to this 2419H

Art Blade

I'd say it was about time :gnehe: I vaguely remember my 20" CRT, weighed a ton, too heavy for me to carry more than a step at a time, literally. I think I got LEDs for roughly 20 years now..

You'll love the enormous gain of space on your desk :anigrin: CRTs took up so much space, LEDs almost nothing.

Dweller_Benthos

My last CRT was a monster 19" model that took up a third of my desk space. Changing to a flat screen gave me all that room back to put in an extra shelf on upper part of the desk to store some external hard drives. Now, all of those can be removed as I've replaced them with one 10TB model, lol
D_B

Art Blade

nex

Mrs nex is smiling, the space the old CRT occupied can now be cleaned and dusted regular   :-X

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Since that space on my desk is behind the current flat screen, it still doesn't get dusted, lol
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳