Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

maybe we can improve that list together. Although you're so far ahead of me that I have to rephrase that :anigrin:

Do you think you can add details as to how far you went in a mission or which ones you missed on that list?

fragger

Sure, I'll w0#k on that :)

@mandru, I watched that video. A bit wordy, but interesting :thumbsup: He talked about the pool table being a fairly stable piece of furniture, but I find that pool cues left on top of it will eventually fall through and onto the floor. I got sick of picking them up so I scrapped them. The pool balls I just dropped straight onto the table from the Pip Boy, without picking them up and placing them via the Workshop, and they haven't been a problem at all.

I don't know about that mesh theory. Some of the junk items I've used as decorations have stayed in place ever since I put them there, while others fall through with monotonous regularity - even when they're all on the same piece of furniture. On a desk, I had a globe, a hairbrush, a coffee mug and a typewriter. The first three objects have been there since very early in the game, but the typewriter never stayed put for very long. Eventually it disappeared altogether (I suspect it's under the house, so it can stay there). Since the typewriter had the largest footprint of the four junk items, yet kept falling through while the others have stayed put, the mesh theory doesn't really seem to hold water.

Because I like jazzing up places, I might look at getting that mod I mentioned for my next playthrough. I think the mod was called "Junk Dispenser", or something like that.

fragger

* I edited my last post a little for clarity.

Art Blade

ok cool :) Maybe we can w0#k out a better guide together. Everyone else is welcome to add their tips, of course O0

As to items falling through furniture, oh yes. I never placed anything except for that Sanctuary room. When the pre-war money stacks fell through along with other items, I had enough already :anigrin:

There are loads of mods that help decorating. Some that look nice pack shelves full with stuff but I don't think that what I came across had an option to place one's own stuff. However, there's likely something like that out there  :)

fragger

This is the junk decoration mod I've seen. I'm always wary of mods though, use at your own risk, I guess. Might be worth reading the feedback on it, some folks have no probs with it but some have nothing but probs with it. It might depend on game version no., what other mods may be installed, etc.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4270/

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to get Danse's affinity up. He's on 999, but I just can't seem to get that last lousy point :banghead: He went up really quickly at first, now he's taking his sweet time with the final digit.

Next game I'm going to not be so drastic with the timescale. I like the one-to-one passage of time, but I have a feeling it's affecting respawn rates. I'm travelling all over the Commonwealth with Danse at the moment but I'm running into very few enemies, and places that I've cleared out previously are staying empty for ages (I know the enemies will respawn in these places as they have done before, multiple times). I could change it now, but I want to stick with it for the time being.

I think that when enemies respawn in a location, they don't all reappear at once. They gradually come back one by one, over time. One time after I cleared out the Super Mutants at Revere Satellite Array, I left it for quite a while before going back. When I did, there were only three of them in there. After dealing with them, the place has stayed empty for quite some time. I just went back after a long time away from it and there were just two SMs in there. I have a feeling that I left it long enough, the original seven or eight that were in there originally would all eventually come back. I've noticed the same sort of thing going on in other places. The timescale setting is probably contributing to the long respawn times. At the moment, it's a pretty empty world I'm in and I'm having a hard time finding fights to get into.

So next time, instead of dropping the time scale to "1", I might drop it to 5 or 6 or so. Default is either 16 or 20 depending on who you listen to, but the time goes by a little too quickly for my liking on the default setting.

Getting back to that video for a tick, another reason I had to complete Mankind Redefined was because it was the only way I could get X6-88 as a companion. Some claim he can be recruited at the point where he shows you your residence in the Institute, but it didn't happen for me and others have reported the same thing. Only by completing MR then locating X6 (I found him in the Synth Retention department) could I take him on as a companion.

EDIT: I found out why I can't max out Danse's affinity. According to the Wiki:

The only way to max out Danse and finish the game with the Minutemen is to avoid taking the last step (talking to Maxson in the Prydwen) in Blind Betrayal, following the Institute quest line to Mass Fusion, switching sides to the Brotherhood by telling Ingram at the Prydwen, and only then (and before jumping on the Vertibird), closing off Blind Betrayal by talking one more time to Maxson. After finishing in the Mass Fusion building, Danse is available to be both recruited and romanced and can have maximal affinity reached, and both the Minutemen and Brotherhood endings can still be pursued.

Well, great. I still haven't received Blind Betrayal and I have no idea what I have to do to get it :huh-new: I gave the BoS the network data holotape, but nothing seems to have come of it. Maybe I borked it by giving the tape to Sturges first, then getting it back from him to give to the BoS. If so, it would have been nice if the guy in the video had mentioned that little detail.

(sigh) More trial-and erroring... This is bloody complicated.

By the way Art, how did you send X6 back to the Institute? I tried to dismiss him, but the Institute doesn't show up as a destination.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on January 19, 2018, 03:29:02 PM
not with that one, but the stronger weapon, a nuke thrower, if upgraded to MIRV it sends a carrier bomb that pops and then it rains mini-nukes :anigrin:

:thumbsup: :anigrin: :evil2:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

Okay. It appears that you have to complete Liberty Reprimed to get Blind Betrayal. What threw me was that the guy in the video said, "... complete all Brotherhood quests up to Liberty Prime". That implies that one should not start Liberty Prime. He needs to choose his words more carefully... He should have said, "... up to and including Liberty Prime".

That's what I mean about him being vague.

I also came across this in the Wiki:

Danse's affinity level will be capped at 999 until this quest [Blind Betrayal] is completed. If he survives the quest, the next time the Sole Survivor meets Danse, he will be using X-01 power armor pieces instead of T-60 power armor pieces. Once Danse idolizes the Sole Survivor, the Know Your Enemy perk will be unlocked.

It's a good video, but it could have been a lot better, IMO.

Art Blade

G, hehe.. you'd love it. :gnehe:

Regarding X6-88
fragger, I never sent him back. It was just an idea to help you but come to think of it, I've only just now realised that I hadn't considered that you already had assigned him to a settlement. Sorry I had missed that detail when I suggested sending him back.

Usually it works like this: dismiss him, then you need to assign a settlement where he should go to, then hit ESC without assigning any settlement, and then the game tells you that the companion is now going to <location you picked them up> BUT that doesn't w0#k once you assigned them to any of your settlements. Then they'll go to the last one you assigned them to unless you assign them to a new home. So that's why you can't send him back as there is no settlement in the Institute.

I'm making a mental note for myself not to assign any companions to any settlement this time unless I really want it. :anigrin:

You know, maybe you can isolate X6-88 and then just kill him after the Institute is down. :anigrin: Or perhaps funnier, if it's even possible, take him with you to the institute when you're taking them down so you can finish him off right there and then when he turns hostile -- before that, equip him with just a measly pipe pistol and some rags so you can finish him off in no time. :anigrin:

As to Danse
I'm now thinking that with all those endings that I played through in quick succession, I might have confused something and Blind Betrayal wasn't among the missions when following that guide. I know that it is impossible to max out the relationship with Danse before completing Blind Betrayal. I probably cheated his perk on my first time through. He was in my synth settlement along with X6-86 and others because I never destroyed the BoS so he was simply a companion but probably without max affinity.

Art Blade

oops you slipped in one, too. I thought it was only G's post. :laughsm:

Yes, I remember now that "up to" was annoying as he didn't say "and including," I went through the same *bleep* as you. You're absolutely right O0

Art Blade

Ah for F's sake. I now also remember that Danse in that settlement kept shooting off vertibirds, so I DID play Blind Betrayal because that makes him an enemy of the BoS :banghead:

fragger

I also read that you shouldn't send Danse to Boston Airport after Blind Betrayal, because then he and Liberty Prime will get into a battle that never ends, since they can't kill each other. That was where I was thinking of sending him later (before I knew about BB) so I'll have to rethink that.

I redirected X6 to the Mechanist's Lair as I never go there anyway and I don't really give two hoots what happens to it. But maybe I should send him to one of the Far Harbor settlements, after pulling the people out of it first. Then he'll really be out of the way. Maybe a Fog Crawler will get him :evil2:

Maybe I should do the same thing with Danse, only with a different FH settlement.

I'm currently working on a guide for the Minuteman ending while I'm playing through. When I'm as certain as I can be that I've gotten all the details down correctly, I'll post it, and we can check it to make sure it's correct, as far as we can.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on January 20, 2018, 02:17:26 AM
G, hehe.. you'd love it. :gnehe:

I enjoy the LK-1018 with the cluster bomb modification in Far Cry. Heck, that's my go-to modification in Destiny 2 for Rocket Launchers that supports it ;D

Art Blade

G, you're doing to me what I kept doing to others: slip in posts before I can post mine. You just did it again :D
Have fun with your mods :)

fragger, it is very nice of you to fix that list :thumbsup: :) I'll try to help you but I'm only level 10 right now :anigrin:

For me it's all a bit confusing now because I played so many variants already and some in a rather quick succession. Luckily you're not in that situation yet :gnehe: However, if you come up with that list, I'll follow the guide and your list. I should be able to compare it with what I'm going through and then I should be able to verify it and perhaps add something to it. :)

LowPolyOWG

fragger

That would be great, mate :) I've got the list down fairly well I think, I just need to play through some more to make sure it's correct, and to refine it. Coming soon - provided I don't screw things up :gnehe: It's kind of a delicate situation...

Tags:
🡱 🡳