Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

@ Art's screen shot of Preston achieving unity.  :D

Thanks guys for all the pointers for Vault 88.  There's a lot to soak up posted above about the Vault 88 experience.  Hope I can soak up enough of it before getting to it to avoid false steps in executing the quests.  ???

Warned of an attack on Warwick I fast traveled to the settlement only to find that because of my continually forgetting to place the planned on Arrival Mat at a key location to stand off attackers I instead arrived out front right outside the gap in the fence leading into the settlement. 

That's right.  ::)

Right in the midst of a well equipped mob of raiders.  Three of them were packing missile launchers.

In an apparently Clem-like moment I had the flash of brilliance to try out the console command Killall to clear up this uncomfortable situation only it didn't turn out as I'd expected.  :o

Pop!  All the raiders dropped like lead fishing ballasts but there was a much larger POP as every one of 15 heavy laser turrets covering the entrance from an elevated gallery (placed for clear line of sight) went up in smoke and fury of an electrical flash as well as three of my sweet new 100 unit generators that I'd carefully placed on that convenient ledge created by the entry way to the main building at Warwick.  :banghead:

I didn't bother checking if to see if I'd skagged the Warwick settlers (all out in the far end of the settlement working the garden) whom I'd initially thought were well beyond the effect of my much further reaching impulsive experiment than anticipated.  :-[

A quick reload to what was thankfully at least a recent save point followed by a nasty battle for access to Warwick with some settlement damage and the lesson learned that Killall will also snuff the life out of your power grid and defensive lay out as well.  :'(

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

I've definitely had provisioners die. I know I found the one robot near Gunner plaza, and I've had other supply lines "go dark" and the person (either robot or human) who was on that run was never seen again. So whether it was a glitch or what, I don't know, but I had to replace a provisioner every once in a while to get the supply lines back. I've even had the mod installed that can track provisioners and it was showing none on a route that previously had one. So they might have found a map hole and fallen through the world or died to something, impossible to tell.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Sounds as if different rules applied to provisioners. In a way, they're no longer settlers but travellers. :anigrin:

mandru, "killall" kills indeed everything that isn't essential. But there's a console command "kah" (kill all hostiles) which should w0#k the way you expected.

mandru

Thanks Art.  I clearly was not aware of that code.  :-[
- mandru

Art Blade

sorry about that, but now you've got a proper tool :anigrin:

Art Blade

just now, two things happened again and at the same time.

I posted a little back that Preston received something (2 stimpacks) from a guy in the vault. Now he received something (must have been ammo) from one of the Abernathy women. At the same time, he flipping undressed again, that old flasher! Right before my very eyes. :laughsm:

Preston does it again
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mandru

The two images taken out of context.

Preston: "Nothing much?  Lucy you shouldn't undervalue herself like that."
Lucy: "Out of your clothes that fast Mr. Garvey?  Let's hope you don't carry out a Minuteman's reputation for speedy response in other ways too."
- mandru

Art Blade

fragger

:laughsm:

There's one thing I've learned about the Nuka company while exploring Nuka-World: They would have been a proper mongrel of a company to w0#k for :huh-new:

Sunset over Nuka-World. Lovely atmospherics in this game.

An unlikely trio of companions: Baby Kong, George Of The Jungle and Handle Man.

Nuka-World really believed in putting its customers first...

I think this is the first car I've seen in FO4 that isn't a rusted-out wreck.

Art Blade

Oh yes, employers / companies all over the FO4 world are more or less the same. I made a screenie of the same terminal entry that you posted because it's so grim :anigrin: There are so many I wouldn't know which ones to post because they're all worth reading. However, I want to post one straight away, here we go:

grim terminal entries 01

That's a nice little trio infernale there, fragger :anigrin: If you trade with Porter Gage and give him whatever pair of glasses and make him wear those, he'll equip them and lose his eye-patch. If you then remove the glasses, he'll have a perfectly normal set of eyes.

Ah, the cappy contest. There are several ways to end that quest.. I hope you had the idea of checking that one in the wiki. But it's no biggie if you didn't. :) And yes, I don't think there are more pristine cars, indeed.

fragger

I did a save and tried the various alternative endings to the Cappy quest. I won't say what I did because I don't want to spoil anything for mandru for whenever he reaches that point (or anyone else - it may not only be OWG members who read this). But I pretty much did what the Wiki suggested without consulting it, as it turned out.

Thanks for the glasses tip with Gage :thumbsup: I didn't stop there, I gave him a new hair-do as well. I never liked the mohawk. I don't like mohawks on anyone.

I made this rather gruesome find inside Grandchester Mystery Mansion.

Then found this creepy girl in the attic. Can't talk to her, can't shoot her. Yet she shows up as a threat.
She just stands there looking creepy, and after hearing the story, well... Could she be a somewhat solid ghost?

Me and the new-look Gage. Don't mess with us.

It kind of fits leaving Nuka-World until the end, in terms of the story. It's conceivable that after everything your character has been through earlier in the game, he/she would become hardened and jaded enough to handle Nuka-World. So it's kind of apt having this type of scenario later in the game.

Art Blade

how the hell did you change his hair? ???

fragger

Stand in front of your companion, then being up the console. Click on the companion to get their ID, then type in the console:

showlooksmenu (then leave a space, then type in the character ID without brackets or the [ED] part).

Hit ENTER, then close the console. You should see the menu like the one you get at the start, where you can change hair and face. Hit ENTER when you're done.

I only changed the hair, didn't try the face part.

Stand fairly close to the character before you bring up the console, so you can see what you're doing.

Art Blade

ah, phew, you used the console. I thought you had possibly found a way to send him to a hairdresser :anigrin: Thanks for the info O0

TAI (toggle AI) freezes (and unfreezes) everyone except you into place so you can prevent them from running around while you're at it.

In the meantime I have found out about that slm command and also that apparently Curie is troublesome (perhaps of her double identity as a robot) and people were reporting that hair changes would change the faces of their companions to default ones. That doesn't seem to be the case (anymore) looking at your Gage, I recognise that mug from miles away :anigrin:

fragger

Still, I'd save before trying anything. From what I can gather it might not w0#k with all companions, but it seems to w0#k okay with Gage.

I tried it on Curie but it wouldn't take, i.e. the menu appeared but I couldn't edit her. But that might have been because she's working behind a counter, and that might somehow interfere with the menu. I didn't try making her follow me as a companion because it's late and I'm about to sack out :gnehe: I'll muck around with it a bit more tomorrow.

Tags:
🡱 🡳