Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.V.

Quote from: fragger on April 22, 2018, 03:27:32 PM
Judging by your magazine collection T.V., it looks as though I have most of them so far :) I was wondering how many there were in the game, including the Far Harbor and Nuka-World ones.
There are 130 different magazines (including the dlc's ones), and the wiki has a list of them all:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_magazines
They also list "You're SPECIAL!" as a magazine (adding up to 131), but it can't be put on display in those racks... :'(

fragger

Thanks PZ :)

Cheers, T.V. :) :thumbsup: I've got 102 magazines so far (103 including "You're Special"), so there's another 28 to find. I made seven racks and each holds 20 magazines, so as it turns out, I just happened to make enough racks to hold all the mags. That was lucky, because no more racks will fit in that room :gnehe: Good to know for future plays. I may have to relocate the mannequins though, I am almost out of room for them... I like to have the unique outfits on display though, not stuck in a drawer or something.

I still need five more Bobbleheads to make that collection complete. I know I can find out where they are easily enough on the Wiki if I get sick of trying to find them by myself, but for now the search continues :)

Art Blade

:)

I got the whole collection with my first character and apparently, I never took a screenie of that. At least I can't find it among those about 13k pics I took :D

mandru

Wow, getting all those magazines on racks looks great.  I'm afraid I spend more effort towards over fortifying my settlements and making them "settler happy making" than spending effort on pretty.  :-[

I surprised at the max height build limit available at the Nuka World Red Rocket settlement.  From the North working Southwards and at the base footprint of the Red Rocket foundation I started stacking the long basic ladders to see how high I could go.  I'm pretty sure I hadn't miscounted but I found myself standing at the top of a long spindly series of 20 ladders before it cut me off from going any higher.  It was far higher than anything even I (with my imaginative eccentricities) would have any use for.

That settlement may have the highest ceiling of any of the settlements.

I went a bit crazy with my build at the Nuka World Red Rocket.  Okay, a lot crazy.  ::)

My initial thought was to create a structure that would encapsulate the existing service station.  I wanted to somehow highlighting the giant Nuka Cola bottle but in the building options I couldn't find any lighting options that shine lights upwards.  I didn't want to attach any distracting lights directly to the bottle itself and the brightest spot lights available (in the settlement Defense options among the automated weapons) while aiming downwards also sweep left and right .  So I switched to a plan B.  :anigrin:

I ended up building a beast of a habitation center for my settlers.  :evil2:

The building foot print itself is two levels of 17 X 11 floor panels plus an extra 5 floor panels centered along the lower level's Southern end of the building so that the (Vault building materials sourced stairway that does not sink into the ground) was high enough to be utilized for the esthetics I was trying to achieve.

Mixing elements from the different types of building components can really create some conflicts of assembly that you only discover when you are trying to put the final structural details of build or at least far enough in that tearing everything out to find arrangements that will w0#k together.  I laid out Vault scaffolding at the corners of this build and vault floors and then enclosed the space with the taller Factory glass type walls only to find out Vault floors will not attach/clip to the top of that wall type so I could create my second planned level.  ???

There was so much lost material scrapping out all those factory walls.

I think I managed to nicely (and respectfully) enshrine the Old Red Rocket.  Other than a cement walled enclosure on the service station roof above the mechanic's service bay to house a pair of 100 unit generators (with room for 2 more generators should that unlikely need ever arise) and some essential wiring and lights to bring a good level of illumination to its interior and exterior spaces.

I've put some screen shots up on my Steam account mandru_OWG.

I know, I know I'm still having trouble getting my head around figuring out how to get back to posting images here on OWG even after a couple of you gave really good and extensive instruction on the "How To's".

I'm afraid I'm loosing the faculties of grasping new information and applying it at a far faster rate than I'm really comfortable admitting.  :(

If I had an account with a photo sharing service I could post links but the few I've looked into I feel are somewhat more ownership rights policy and privacy invasive than I care to contend with.

Outside of that, as far as I'm concerned for anything other than quick Web searches I won't have anything to do with Google and they can get stuffed.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

T.V.

Quote from: mandru on April 24, 2018, 09:34:21 AM
I went a bit crazy with my build at the Nuka World Red Rocket.  Okay, a lot crazy.  ::)
I did not go crazy with my build at the Nuka World Red Rocket.  Okay, a bit crazy.  ;)
Started with a 3 by 3 concrete floor on the roof, and build out from that.
Looks kind of like a ship:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Another view:

I put a couple of 100 unit generators inside that 3 by 3 on the roof, and managed to put 4 water purifiers (10 unit type) in that little pound that is within the building to the left.

The settlement is steady at 100 happiness with 21 settlers.  :bigsmile:

After finishing the "Open Season" I had a talk with Mackenzie Bridgeman, and she mentioned that she should find a way to get rid of their collars.
Well, she did, and the result the next time I made a visit was that they had gotten rid of more than their collars:
This happened to all of the traders, but I really don't think that was a bad move... <slap_on_fingers>  :-[

And to summon things up, I couldn't resist a snapshot of these guys:
Unlike their relatives in the main game, these ones does not become hostile if You walk up to them.  :bigsmile:

Art Blade

lol@<slap_on_fingers>

cool, TV :thumbsup: I like the ship design, it really looks like one. Maybe like one of those steam boats on the Mississippi :)

And nice pets there :anigrin:

PZ

I too like the ship-looking design - reminds me of one of the old time gold dredges found in the wilds of Alaska.

fragger

Great builds, guys :thumbsup: The NW Red Rocket site is pretty cool as it's large, open and fairly flat. The service station building is also (as far as I know) the only one in the game where you can snap your own doors into the empty door frames, except that they will only go in one way, i.e. will only swing one way. Can't put anything into the big roller-door opening though.

T.V., I was going to post about that very same thing today - that is, all the NW marketplace people ending up in their undies after Open Season. I have the very same thing. Not just the vendors, but a couple of the street-sweepers outside the markets are also in a state of undress. Oddly enough, the only one who isn't is Aaron, the marketplace weapons dealer. I'm sure this didn't happen in my first playthrough after I'd done Open Season :huh-new:

mandru

T.V. that is an impressive build for the Nuka World Red Rocket.  :)

Let me see if this will w0#k by trying links from my latest screen shots.

View from the North
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369364014

View from the West
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369365474

View from the South
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369366443

View from the East
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369367403

Top floor N.E.:  24 Mutfruits in the garden corner with open grated roof for sunlight
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369378116
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369370016

View of my build footprint and defenses as seen from some distance above.  Also the two roof top enclosed 100 unit generators over the mechanic's service bay
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369362883

How I've utilized the drive through coolant filling lanes under the service station weather apron
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369373280

Here's hoping this works.  :undecided-new:

Edit: Coolness I checked the links and they look like they are working.  :anigrin:
- mandru

fragger

Yep, the links w0#k fine :)

Holey moley, nobody is getting through those defenses in a hurry ??? That settlement must have a Defense rating of a couple of thousand... And here I was thinking that anything over about 250 was overkill :gnehe:

Looks pretty cool though :thumbsup: I've never tried building an entirely elevated and enclosed settlement. Never even thought of it.

fragger

Guys, I had to make some changes to the Minutemen Ending Guide because I'm at that point in the game now and one or two things panned out a little differently for me this time around, mostly concerning the Railroad and Desdemona's behaviour (why it's different this time I don't know). So I made some changes to the guide to cover these extra possible eventualities. If you happen to be planning on consulting it before delving into the final act, I recommend a re-read of it :)

PZ

Dang mandru, that's an impressive complex.  :thumbsup:

On an aside, when I try to do each link separately on my slow connection, it takes a long time for the images to come up, but if I go to the first image, I am taken to your image library and can easily navigate from one image to another seamlessly.

mandru

PZ, I tried going back into the top link but 10 - 15 minutes of trying different links on the page that popped up I wasn't able to find a way to view the other images from that group.  :(

Sorry that this is a clunky way to post images.  :-[

- mandru

Art Blade

at least they w0#k. Very nice setup there, mandru O0 I checked all pics, I really like the whole thing. :)

T.V.

Nice screen shots mandru, that elevated building and hoovering turrets makes it look quite futuristic.  O0

Tags:
🡱 🡳