Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I expect to be reading ghost stories next.

:gnehe:

mandru

fragger it's possible that the synths are so concentrated on hiding their nature that they don't communicate that info to each other.  There is also the chance (as I think you may have stated sometime long ago) that there may be a mix of Railroad or runaway synths and Institute assigned synths that wander into the settlements.

I've merely thrown a wrench in the works by isolating them all in one place.  So I'll continue to monitor Hangman's to see if and report on anything odd that happens.

I've never checked workshops to see if they are holding anything before I start scrapping materials around newly unlocked settlements.  I do know that the various scattered workstations (chem, armor, and weapon modding) found outside of settlements as far as I've encountered never have materials I've been able to loot.

Maybe check back by Red Rocket from time to time to see if the workshop is refilling itself.

On the matter of finding scrappable materials there are times where I can grab something outside of a build zone (if I can pick it up) like tires or other random objects that can't be added to my inventory but if I haul it into a settlement it can become scrappable.  So I will commonly range around each of my settlements for that type of debris within a reasonable distance of the build zone borders to haul in for additional free materials.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

cool, and a good price O0

LowPolyOWG

fragger

Welcome to the Wasteland, OWGKID :) Hope you have fun with it!

To all my FO4 co-players, here's a neat thing which you may or may not have encountered, or be aware of:

When you first enter Longneck Lukowski's Cannery, you'll find a woman from Vault 81, Trader Rylee, arguing with Theodore Collins. After they've had their argument, and before she walks out, you can engage her in conversation, and if certain conditions have been met, a reply option, "w0#k for me", should appear. Choose that reply. She will say, "You've got a deal", and you then will be prompted to pick a settlement to send her to.

The conditions which must first be met to get this option are:

* You must have unlocked the "Trading Emporium" (which requires Rank 2 in both the "Caps Collector" and "Local Leader" Perks);

* You must have built at least one Trading Emporium in any settlement with a population of at least 10.

If you successfully recruit her and send her to a settlement, and once she shows up there (IF she shows up - see below) and you assign her to a Trading Emporium, that TE will automatically become a Level 4 (since Rylee herself is a Level 4 Trader. Same thing happens if you do this with the "ghoulified" former Vault-Tec sales rep who I refer to as Mr. Vault-Tec, btw - he too is a Level 4 Trader). Rylee cannot be equipped with apparel or weapons, but being a named NPC she has a higher HP count than regular settlers.

But here's the good part (for my style of play, anyway): Once she's manning a TE, she can offer multiple Shipments of materials, as many as three of any type (i.e 3 x 250 Steel Shipments, 3 x 50 Copper Shipments, etc). She also stocks a rather large selection of junk items. As far as I'm aware, she is the only Trader in the game who deals in multiple Shipments. Not even Mr. Vault-Tec does this.

There is a bug associated with her recruitment, however it's easily fixable. Sometimes, when you initially recruit her at the Cannery and send her to a settlement, she won't ever show up at that settlement (in fact she disappears from the game altogether), but she will still count towards that settlement's population. If that happens, here's how to fix it, and it worked fine for me:

Go to the settlement you want her to be at.
Once there, bring up the console.
Type   prid 0003eff3   and hit ENTER.
Type   disable   and hit ENTER.
Type   enable   and hit ENTER.
Type   moveto player   and hit ENTER (no space between the "move" and "to").
Close the console.

Rylee should appear close to you. Immediately interact with her and choose the option "w0#k for me" (like you did at the Cannery). Pick the settlement from the list (even though you're already there) and confirm, then assign her to the Trading Emporium.

If you can't initially recruit her at the Cannery (e.g. if you haven't yet met the prerequisite conditions), you might find her later at one of these locations:

Camp site NW of Westing Estate.
Camp site S of Walden Pond.
Camp site NW of Old Gullet Sinkhole.
Camp site SW of Peabody House.
Camp site E of Concord.
Camp site near Mass Fusion Containment Shed (but only if the side quests associated with the site have NOT been completed).
Camp site SW of The Museum Of Witchcraft.
Camp site W of Relay Tower 1DL-109.
Camp site E of Arcjet Systems.
At or near The Slog.
Or she may turn up again at the Cannery.

Art Blade

nice :)

I don't remember her, though. But next time, I'll try that O0

mandru

Welcome to FO4 OWGKID.  The more the merrier.  :)

Another great find fragger.  :anigrin:
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I saw Trader Rylee at the cannery and she left before I could talk to her, and I walked out the door right after her but she was nowhere to be seen. Never saw her again. I do have the Vault Tec guy though, I used to sell him cold beer that Buddy would make for me. Then I got to the point where I didn't need money anymore.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: mandru on March 01, 2019, 06:45:33 AM
Welcome to FO4 OWGKID.  The more the merrier.  :)

Quote from: fragger on March 01, 2019, 02:36:52 AM
Welcome to the Wasteland, OWGKID :) Hope you have fun with it!

Thanks! I will install the Any Mod Any Weapons Mod and have some fun :anigrin:

Art Blade

mandru

Hey fragger thanks for that tip on Trader Rylee and recovering her when she doesn't show up where you've assigned her.  :)

When you'd posted that I realized I'd not done Longneck Lukowski's Cannery yet so I got on it and secured Rylee to come set up shop at the Oberland settlement.  But after two weeks game time she'd not arrived.

The "prid call, disable, enable, and moveto player fix" did the trick.  O0

- mandru

fragger

You're very welcome, mandru :) I looked into it because it was the second occasion when I'd tried to recruit Rylee only for her to disappear into limbo and I thought, okay, must get to bottom of this.

I found her to be a very worthwhile addition to my operation as she stocks a boatload of junk and shipments, which is great for a serial barterer like myself :gnehe: Her multiple shipments have been a major boon for my MO of building concrete-heavy settlements. I go through a ton of that stuff, often cleaning out the vendors so that I have to wait a day or two for them to get more in stock.

Nearly there, I still have about half a dozen settlement sites that I haven't yet touched, and three or four that I'm still populating. I like playing the game this way - building up all the settlements and Perking up before encountering any of the major factions (for one thing, having all settlement sites already populated puts a great damper on Preston's penchant for issuing a flood of settlement jobs when I finally make his acquaintance). I can't get access to Warwick Homestead's Workbench though. I thought that doing the repair job on the Warwicks' water pump on behalf of the Atom Cats would endear me to the Warwicks enough for them to open their WB to me, but it didn't (ingrates). Looks like I'll have to wait for Preston to get access to that one.

I'm going to go to Nuka-World before meeting any of the factions, to get access to the "Handmade" weapons and ammo. I'm playing on Very Hard mode (without cheats, as usual) so I need to be well-Perked up before taking on NW's tougher-than-usual baddies. Not looking forward to dealing with some of the tougher critters on The Island either, especially that accursed Albino Hermit Crab that hangs out near the orphanage down south. I really hate that guy :undecided-new:

LowPolyOWG

Haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but there was a 118 MB patch yesterday I think. Wonder what got broken this time :laughsm:

Dweller_Benthos

Most likely they just added some more paid mod content. I haven't looked at what's changed yet.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳