Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

:anigrin:

On a more practical note, I already guessed it but didn't do the right thing. I thought he could be a merchant so I put him behind a cheap tier 1 general store. He needs a tier 4 emporium and then..

Vault-Tec Rep merchant
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I put the Vault Tec guy to w0#k in a store, too. He's one of the three or four (maybe five) people you meet who you can recruit to run a store for you and get better stuff to buy. It also matters what kind of store you assign them to. There's a woman who works at a radio station who you can recruit who is good at a clothing store. I forget the rest of them, as I never bothered to recruit any except the Vault Tec guy.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25762/?
Attackers - Get Off My Buildzone ("AGOMBz")

I've been playing around with more mods. I mentioned a few already. Some regard my companions (unlimited ammo, no braking power armour, better accuracy) and I finally installed the unofficial patch (it is actually still necessary..) and the ability to scrap the debris and dirt off the houses for instance in Sanctuary, I get the prompt that warns me if settlements are being attacked..

..and that is precisely something that I have been extensively looking into because it is annoying. I decided against a mod that stops those attacks altogether (but if everything else fails, I'll resort to that) because I found a mod that apparently managed to sort the problem of attack spawns inside settlements no matter whether or not you fast-travelled there. And it takes your actual defence value into account it would seem.

All in all, it should allow a settlement to defend itself regardless of the player's presence. I'll keep you posted :)

By the way. I finished Vault 81. I managed to send Tina de Luca to Sanctuary as yet another level 4 trader like the Vault-Tec Rep. Also, I acquired that French robot Curie as a companion. :)

PZ

That sounds most worthwhile - I have not much in the way of settlements because I found it too annoying with the characteristics you mention in the vanilla game.

Art Blade

yep.. so far, no attacks but that is just as random as the attacks. However, I don't think that I'm going to sustain a whole bunch of settlements. I'll obviously keep Sanctuary, my first settlement and I like it, too. Then I might keep one or two more and since it's a DLC, I'll keep vault 88.

That vault 88, however, is special. I know that in general enemies are not supposed to spawn inside a vault (unless scripted, like those mole rats in vault 81 and 111) and therefore if they do, which is the case in vault 88, they "don't know" what to do exactly and simply loiter, lingering over some shapeless plan for a devious attack which they know they're supposed to execute somehow. Although they might smarten up the very moment you spot them. The aforementioned mod might help keep them out, too.

Also, settlers have a very limited range. They're about exhausted when they reached the first floor or the end of the first cave. Vault 88 is big as half the map.. rendering it a big, useless space regarding settlers, except for the immediate environment within the first cave or the space, respectively, which had already been there when the player first entered. You can still build everywhere but then again, those random attackers in precisely those parts of the caves of vault 88.. doesn't make building a vault for yourself look very appetising.

Well. I still love this game  :anigrin:

KingRat

If you're interested Oxhorn has a vid showing attack points for every settlement in the game. I used it to move a building I'd placed right on top of a spawn point. At several settlements I moved my fast travel point to a different location inside the settlement...got tired of rockets exploding all around me when I arrived during an attack. Also, picked up my favorite weapon from my PC play..a legendary exploding shotgun  :evil2:

I'm also using a mod for settlers called Settler Sandbox and AI Expansion which seems to w0#k well, and I was just looking at Push Away Companions since they like to jump in front all the time.

KingRat

Just going to add...I found my 2nd Drunken Gnome (2-35) and the way these guys are hidden I doubt I'll find many. This one was on the island and as I was scrapping stuff  one night following the fence line heading toward the barge I caught this guy leaning against the fence. Holding a pink flamingo by the neck with his right hand, a double barrel shotgun under the right arm, a beer in the left hand...too cute :D

Art Blade

:D

Yep, I think I already watched that vid. The mod he used to identify those spawn points doesn't w0#k anymore. At the time he posted the vid, the mods available didn't solve the "spawn inside" events. He said because he couldn't avoid it, he didn't build walls and he "solved" the problem by targeting spawn points with a set of turrets next to them.

I hope that the mod I found, which is apparently more recent, actually solved the problem. The mod author said that enemies would indeed spawn at those spawn points but that they'd teleport from there "through" walls and get inside. He must have changed several things, among which the randomness that determines the outcome of an attack if the player isn't ready. Apparently the chances are now depending on how high your defence value is (likely on top of that, how happy your settlers are)

Oh by the way, the mod also moves the spawn points and places them outside the settlements.

Art Blade

Here is a collection of different types (complete sets) of power armour. It's easier to just park them alongside a wall than using those bulky displays :)

The settler's comment comes from upstairs and is related to the vault 88 "coffee fountain" thingy which can be used in any settlement. Here in Sanctuary Hills, they're all caffeine addicts now :anigrin:
FO4 PA collection

KingRat

I didn't find the displays hard to set up, they snap together so once you have the first one set they go together fast. I have 34 displayed so far, but still need the BoS  ones, and the Nuka one and the Vim one. I'm also using the display dummies for all the armor/clothing sets...so much to do  :-\

Art Blade

yep. It's actually quite a challenge, organising and maintaining more than one settlement AND all the stuff you keep collecting.. :anigrin:

Speaking of which, I just "collected" my first cat. :gnehe:

cat

If you compare "Art's Garage" now with then, you'll notice that all those containers are gone in which I kept all my loot, which means it wasn't exactly well organised. That has changed now.

organised stuff

mandru

Maybe I'll get the console hack ID # and turn Hangman's Alley into a cat settlement.

Wall to wall cats should drive the sole settler (my companion the Institute synth X6-88) up a wall.  He's got a dog and a brahmin but a plethora of cat's might push him over the edge.  :evil2:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

Reporting back: AGOMBz

It hasn't shown that it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, meaning I don't know whether it was the mod or coincidence but at least, so far, it seems to w0#k. I had two settlement attacks. One was Covenant which is easy to observe and one happened just now in Sanctuary. Both times I was somewhere else when the attack message popped up and both times I couldn't help but run/teleport to the location because I was curious and wanted to see with my own eyes how those battles ensued and specifically, whether or not there would be enemies inside the settlements.

Apparently the attackers spawned outside and tried to fight their way in.

I reloaded Covenant a few times and only once I had no clue how two supermutants got inside (I found them standing in the back yard there when I went in). There were just a few and they were always storming through the only entrance. Since I only had a couple of heavy machine gun turrets and just Marcy and her husband Jun Long living there, it wasn't exactly a problem for supermutants plus their mutated hounds to storm in.

I didn't want to test my chances because I knew they were poor. However, I enjoyed watching two supermutants and a mutant hound clobber Marcy outside the compound several times. She got back up and the supermutants ran outside again and clobbered her over the head again :anigrin: When I went in to actively help, more supermutants showed up outside the compound. Maybe my presence spawns more enemies.

Now with Sanctuary, I arrived when the battle was already on. Two attack groups of robots tried their luck but the defence was strong enough without need for me to actively help. I know about two spawn points (one next to the bridge to the South, close to the water and one to the West, not far from my garage in the woods, close to where there is a very small wooden bridge. I could see the trail of robot wrecks leading straight to those spawn points. And that despite the fact that I fast-travelled there from Outpost Zimonja because fast-travelling is supposed to allow enemies to pass through defences. Not this time. :anigrin:

I'm currently testing how it's panning out if I don't help. What I don't know is whether "rolling the dice" happens before I get the message to help or some time later. I'm currently using a save I made instantly after I received the message. I might try one from before, too. I'll let you know :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳