Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Testing that is time-consuming. So far, I've been walking around and frequently checked the status of Sanctuary, the help mission is still active. I keep making savegames in the hopes of dropping a save just before the mission outcome pops up. I don't know yet if sleeping or waiting on a chair speeds things up but where I'm now, there is no furniture around but I can see Sanctuary from here without getting involved.

waiting for Sanctuary
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

OK, there was furniture nearby :laughsm:

I waited there for one hour and kept doing that until the message popped up. Four times a fail to help and Sanctuary took damage, the fifth and last time I had enough and loaded the last save that put me back to probably less than one hour before the mission was over. I got up, willing to run over when I saw the mission success, Sanctuary defended itself.

So it is random and you STILL need to go to your settlements. Going to check out how it looks now, after the successful self-defence  :anigrin:

??? No traces of evidence there ever was any fight.. :D Well.

I reloaded again and walked in from the front (bridge) because two times now that I came in from any which weird direction, I found prompts to interact with armour racks (mannequins) and other stuff that wasn't there but somewhere else (where again I could interact with) so.. hmm.. when I fast-travelled, it was OK and now from the bridge, it was OK.. not sure what caused that. Anyway, I walked in and basically that moment was enough for a mission success, although I had used a different savegame which had put me some two hours before the message would have popped up.

I think that on one hand you still need to go and if your defence value is high, the outcome will be a success IF you get there in time but on the other hand, it could be random.

However, while I was there, again no enemies inside. They all got killed attempting to get inside. :anigrin:

I think I'm going to test the mod that eliminates the "help defend X" missions altogether.

Art Blade

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11317/?
NSA No Settlement Attacks

OK, giving that a shot now ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on August 19, 2017, 10:34:02 AMI found prompts to interact with armour racks (mannequins) and other stuff that wasn't there but somewhere else (where again I could interact with)

I'm pretty sure that was due to the former GOMBz mod.

Art Blade

I am convinced now because that mod "moves" away spawn points and tampers with some workbench files. Due to the no-attack mod, I had to uninstall it anyway, and then I tried the same approaches that caused those weird glitches and nothing unusual happened.

But so far, no attacks.  :anigrin:

Art Blade

I caught a dog now and had to add a new doghouse. The cat's bowl is next to a doghouse because they're friends. :anigrin:

dogs and cat
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Oh. I kept forgetting to mention,

the electric wire glitch works. Connect through walls, it works. O0

It goes like this: aim at the end of a wire where it's attached to whatever electrical unit. Then move your dot-shaped crosshair slightly away of the end of the wire so you are aiming at that connector, while still highlighting the wire.

If you hit the button now that usually starts a new wire (by default it's space on the PC) you will hear that electrical crackling sound that you get if you start a new wire, only this time you cannot see it. Now walk (not jump.. space is the button that connects a wire but also the jump button.. it may cause random unwanted results..) to where you want to "draw the line" through any solid obstacle like walls until you can aim at the connector of the unit you wanted to connect "through a wall" or whatever it is. It will highlight. This time you're supposed to press space in order to connect :gnehe:

and, done. :)

PZ

I wish it was that easy to hide wires in real life

Art Blade

it's not hiding them, the become visible once connected

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on August 19, 2017, 05:40:02 PM
it's not hiding them, the become visible once connected

I did notice that wire attached to the Nuka Cola sign sticking through the wall :D

Art Blade

correct -- I meant to comment on that while preparing that screenshot for upload. :anigrin: The wire also goes through the wall in the room behind that poster, it runs below the ceiling and above those lockers and goes through the ceiling to the connector outside the house :)

Dweller_Benthos

This is the mod I used to mark settlement attack points, is that the one you tried? No mention that it no longer works.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12032/?

It does a lot of settlement things that are handy. Marking the attack points is only one. Anyway, the three attack points in Sanctuary are the two you know, on the shore to the left of the main bridge, on the near side of the footbridge leading to the vault, and up around the back side of the cul-de-sac towards the hills. It's best to not block these areas and just add a bunch of heavy turrets like rockets or lasers that have a clear view of these areas. In vault 88, there are also three spawn points, and they are very far away from the main cavern. Attackers can get lost or take a very long time getting to the main cavern which is apparently their goal no matter if you've built anything there or not. Most people do build stuff there as they just continue from what you have to build during the quest, so that's the main attack point. The three spawn points are near the other three entrances (there are three, right? it's been a while) but it seemed the one near the subway was a favorite to the RNG in my game.

Vault 88 seems like it is a good idea but not planned out well, go figure. There is a lot of room, but you usually hit the build limit way before using all the space. The grid that you can build on doesn't line up well with the space you have to build in, and the tunnels aren't at the right angles and directions to match the grid either. So you can build some small, unconnected vault-type things in there, but the people who wanted to build a huge, interconnected vault structure were disappointed.

Oh yeah, take robot Curie with you for a while to get her affinity up and do her quest, its a real fun one, and the "result" is worth it, almost, dare I say, enough to give Piper a run for her money? hmmmm? In the meantime, you can give her a robot body that is a complete murder-bot.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

???

Hangman's Alley while being solely populated by X6-88, two dogs, and a brahmin was hovering at 65% happiness.  Now that I've added thirty-two cats with their food dishes (on almost every available flat space that a cat dish could rest on) it was only a matter of moments and the happiness level shot up to 97%.  :D

X6-88 is still saying things like "The world will be a much better place when all of the surface dwellers are gone" but then all of the companions have their quirks.  ::)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

32 cats? Hehe :anigrin:

D_B, yes, that's the mod. If you install it now after all the patches I suppose were released in the meantime, it just doesn't recognise any settlements. Maybe it had to do with other mods. However, I'm currently using NSA, No Settlement Attacks which seems to w0#k perfectly well. I've been teleporting to almost all of my settlements and done stuff there and I was never interrupted by any attacks :) Those attacks really had got on my nerves.

That NSA mod solves all the issues that had required building settlements in a way that they'd sustain attacks. No more :anigrin:

Oh and thanks for the tip about Curie. I've been running around with Hancock for a while and keep getting romance options.. I think I'm going to test and prefer the Curie variant :)

KingRat

I left Curie in 81, Ada is my killing machine  :evil2: Don't plan on doing any main quests till I hit lvl 100, then I'll have to rescue Nick. The only thing I don't like about settlement attacks is the notification doesn't stay on screen long enough. I know there's a mod to fix that on PC, but haven't found the X1 fix yet.

Tags:
🡱 🡳