Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

While each of our interests are highly stratified it's funny how easily sometimes that the simplest of things (a turn of the knife so to speak) amuse us.  O0
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

fragger

:anigrin: The simple pleasures in life are still the best - a stolen kiss, the caress of a cool summer breeze on a hot day, the crunch of a Power Fist on bone...

Art Blade

fragger

Actually, that Explosive Minigun is almost obscenely overpowered. I ran into an Alpha Deathclaw earlier and hit it with about a half-second second burst, and that was enough to not only kill it but hurl its carcass across the street like a rag doll.

Jeepers creepers :o

Art Blade

fragger

Have any of you FO4 players ever come across the chained door in Roxbury Station? When you approach it, it's "chained from the other side", and I was never able to figure out how to get to that other side to unchain it. I finally wussed out and looked online. Turns out it's a rather convoluted little journey and I would quite probably NEVER have found it on my own.

NOTE: Don't attempt this in power armour! You'll almost certainly get stuck in the last part of the puzzle if you do, which will necessitate a reload.

First, fight through the Super Mutants to get down the long staircase to the station platforms. Once you do, go straight ahead to the security room with the big hole in the wall and hit the button in there.

The train just outside will move to the left some, then stop. Go straight through the train doors to the platform on the other side, then turn left and hit the button you'll see there. The second train will then move a bit.

Go straight through that second train's doors, then turn right and hit the button at the end of that corridor. The train you just came through will move again.

Go back through the train using the nearest doors. You'll see a forklift on the platform. Go to the left of that and press the button there, and the first train will move again.

Now go back through the first train, but instead of being able to step out onto the platform, you'll be confronted with a mesh barrier. This next bit is a little dodgy. Get off the train, but go left and squeeze your way along between the train and the tunnel wall until you come to an open doorway (you may have to jump a bit to keep moving, and it's in this part of the trip that you're bound to get stuck if you're in power armour). There will be a high-level Super Mutant just inside the doorway, probably to your right, so be on your guard. After dealing with him, follow the stairs and passages to eventually reach the room on the other side of the chained door. There will be a few heavy-duty SMs and a couple of their hell-hounds along the way.

Deal with them, then you can unchain that pesky door to bring you back to the upper part of the station, where Bob will become your uncle.

Art Blade

interesting :) I remember having to use trains to manoeuvre through a section but I don't know why I did it. Probably quest-related. So I don't know whether that led to the chained door or something else.

Dweller_Benthos

Oh yeah I remember that one, though I'm not sure if I found the chained door first or not. If I did I probably didn't remember that it was the one I exited through after fiddling with the trains. I do recall having to squeeze past the train though and thinking I must be cheating it, as this really can't be the way it was intended, and I'd missed a button or something and was cheating it a little to get past.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

I could never grasp what the point of those movable trains were other than to allow you to get to different parts of the station. But then I found the chained door and spent a goodly amount of time trying to find a way to get to the other side of it to unchain it. I couldn't, so I Wiki'd my way to it instead :gnehe:

Art Blade

that's the good thing about the internet compared to the times when we sat at home all by ourselves and either managed or gave up. O0

T.V.

Quote from: fragger on November 30, 2019, 02:45:17 PM
I could never grasp what the point of those movable trains were other than to allow you to get to different parts of the station. But then I found the chained door and spent a goodly amount of time trying to find a way to get to the other side of it to unchain it. I couldn't, so I Wiki'd my way to it instead :gnehe:

First time I was down there, I had a quest mark behind that door...  :banghead:
Gave up, and I also had to consult the wiki.  :)

fragger

@D_B, that was just how it seemed to me too. Before I looked it up, I did get to the point with the mesh barrier but since I couldn't move to the right of left, I went back. When I returned to the spot armed with my Wiki knowledge, I found that I had to jump a little to get started down the tunnel - I couldn't just walk into it. And THEN I had to jump periodically to keep moving. Maybe the davs left out a door or a button or something and they thought, "well, you can still get through here with a bit of mucking around, so we'll leave it at that". It does seem like a kind of afterthought.

@Art, that's true. I might not have rage-quit some earlier games if the internet had been around at the time :gnehe:

@T.V., what kind of quest was that? Sounds like it might have been one of those "Scavenger's Note" or "Raider's Note" types which typically send you to find some stuff in a container.

Art Blade

I might actually have completed some games, with help from the internet :gnehe:

Actually, I used to by games magazines with walkthroughs. :D

mandru

I think a quest marker I received behind that chained door was for a radiant Tech Collection errand to grab a Haptic Drive for Haylen of the BOS.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳