Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I was just about to mention something similar  :D I'm level 71 homing in on 72 and I haven't played any major main missions yet except a few warm-up missions for the minutemen.

I now know what to expect from Curie but I will have to complete quite a few missions to make that happen. I haven't even met Nick yet let alone Kellogg and that is a prerequisite. However, she just happened to ask me to find a brain surgeon.. for her. :anigrin:

I didn't know you were using an Xbox One, KingRat. It's a pity that not all of those mods are available for both platforms alike.

KingRat

There are a ton of mods for the X1, it's just a matter of sifting through them to find ones I like that are still being supported. So many abandoned ones on all platforms just clutter the list. I do plan on starting up my PC play again, but need to find mods that will still w0#k with my vanilla lvl 69 character  :)

Art Blade

Art Blade

I have to say, the NSA mod works perfectly well. No attacks ever since I've installed it. :thumbsup:

Having finished the Secret of Cabot House (the one with 400-year-old daddy locked up in the asylum), I have to wait for a week (in-game) in order to receive an additional reward, a very special unique weapon. Which reminds me, I also managed to secure four vials of the mysterious serum for later use. Well. Since I find it boring to just sleep or wait until a week is over, I had an idea.. no settlement attacks..

..reason enough to go back to Nuka World and wrap things up over there. I installed the mod D_B mentioned, killed all the raiders and restored power to the theme parks and all that without ruining my non-DLC playthrough. O0

I must have been lucky when I went to NW. All I wanted was to get it over with. I ran into the right person who started the Open Season mission (Mackenzie Bridgeman, kill all gang bosses), ran into a merchant whom I bought the Splatter Gun from, and the only gang boss I actually talked to was from the Pack and funny enough, he gave me the The Problem Solver. Both weapons are basically the same, "increased damage after each consecutive hit on the same target." While cleaning house, I also collected all the gang-specific gear everyone kept dropping along with their dead bodies  :anigrin: Now there shouldn't be any raiders left but the merchants will still be there.

It has been a good day. :bigsmile:

KingRat

I had a funny incident happen today; after responding to an attack at Greentop I was trading with some of the settlers and found one holding a legendary ghoul slayer combat rifle :D I took it and swapped in an assault rifle. I have that quest to kill all the NW raiders, but thought it was just the leaders?

Art Blade

once you kill the first (any which one) leader, ALL raiders turn hostile. And they're tougher than the ones found in the wastelands. You don't have to kill them but I wonder how you're going to walk around in that hail of bullets and melee attacks and dogs going for your throat  ;)

Art Blade

So I finished Old Guns for the minutemen and got artillery now. Quite a show and Preston whom I had temporarily promoted to companion loved it. :)

Art Blade

I wonder which path to take now. BoS, The Railroad..

Dweller_Benthos

The mod for Nuka World should let you skip the settlement raids and not kill the raiders in the park, unless, of course, you wanted to, then you wouldn't need the mod, but either way is fine. Old Guns is great, and having artillery is awesome, it's just you have to have a settlement with artillery in it that's in range of what you want to destroy. It was the only reason I was keeping settlements, and I had enough to cover almost any area in the main part of the map, but as it turns out, hardly ever used it, lol.

I did the peaceful ending, where you carefully manipulate the quest line to keep all the factions alive except for the institute. As for just joining them, no problem with joining them all and running their quest lines out as far as they can go.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I wanted to kill the raiders. I have to say that I hate them because killing all of them for disliking them might have looked a bit harsh. :anigrin:

I too want to go through the main stories in a way all factions remain at peace.. see the guide I posted. Well. I'll just try to do this and that.. it's such a great game. :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Ah, OK, if you wanted to kill the raiders in NW, you don't need the mod, that lets you keep them alive and finish the quest line there. Unless you wanted to finish the quest line, THEN kill them, of course.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

I have no problem killing the raiders.  Hopefully in (what the game makers allow me) the most Pickman like methods possible.  :evil2:

I want to be the face and name which plagues the nightmares of their unsettled sleep.  I want to be the catalyst that causes them to bolt awake and shivering night after night drenched in the sweat of fear.

Having gleefully abandoned any attempt to restore civilization the raiders have made the conscious decision to fall to terrorization and cannibalism.  I hold no sympathy for them beyond ending their pointless struggles to survive.  C:-)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I wanted to kill them and I didn't mind any raider quests but I do have a few quests open that stem from some robots there. I loaded the mod to make sure Nuka World stays there and doesn't carry over to the non-DLC world. Maybe I didn't have to do that the way I played it, but I didn't want to risk anything.

Art Blade

Hey guys, I suppose you already played the side mission The Secret of Cabot House.

What I don't know is whether or not you played it so you got Lorenzo's Artifact Gun as a final reward, it's this here what I'm holding in my hand when revisiting the house some time after the mission.
Cabot House
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Lorenzo's Artifact Gun
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This weapon, when modded, is awesome but the splash damage is awesome, too, so don't use it when trying to "help" friendlies who are trying to keep enemies at arm's length. You'll kill all of 'em  :anigrin:

The specialty of the weapon is the mod which can be applied to any gamma gun and it deals raw gamma damage that works even if enemies are immune to radiation. The blast is not green but colourless and reminds of a shock wave.

Which means.. you can actually get three different types of damage combined plus, if it's applied to a legendary gamma gun with say, poison, even four. Whoa. I'm using it on a non-legendary gun right now and it deals such an amount of damage, it's a no-brainer.

However, if you played in a way that you can still access the Cabot house after the mission (not sure if that's always the case) you should know a funny thing: all the clean and pre-war items and ammo stashes and the fat man and the zeta gun and everything there is to loot, will keep respawning  O0

Which is where I finally found my fourteen ball for the pool billiard table. You wouldn't believe how long I tried to get that blasted 14. The other one was the four ball but I found that somewhere else not long ago. However, in the house is a complete set of pool balls plus rack and billiard cue in case you're looking for any of those items. :)

Art Blade

What to do, what to do next.. Alright.. I decided to find Nick now. About time, too :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳