Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

yes, it was very impressive the first time I saw that :)

fragger

I finally finished that playthrough, after two-and-a-bit years :gnehe: Went with the Minutemen ending, finished on Level 205 with about 350,000 caps, about $15,000 in pre-war money, more Legendary weapons and Power Armor than you can shake a handful of sticks at and Sanctuary's Workbench bursting at the seems with materials.

So I started again... Going with "Easy" mode this time. I can say I finished on Very Hard difficulty at least once, so this time I'm taking it a bit easier with less bullet-spongy bad guys :gnehe:

Man, I'd forgotten how quiet and peaceful Sanctuary was before you bring Preston and his mob in and they start hammering on that yellow house all day long...

There's an exploit to get the Cryolator in Vault 111 early (if you really want it). At first you can't get it because it's locked in a glass cabinet which requires "Master" level lockpicking skills to open, which of course you don't have at the beginning. No problem - once you've made the dog's acquaintance at the nearby Red Rocket, bring him into the Vault, get him near the Cryolator cabinet and order him to "find items". He'll paw the cabinet open and the weapon will just fall out. Pick it up and Bob's your uncle :gnehe:

It's not much of a weapon, though. There are way better ones.

Art Blade

nice :)

Maybe it's time to think about installing a mod for a change, one that allows you to scrap everything. With such a mod, I removed the otherwise inaccessible item that is responsible for someone to find it and start hammering there. So, no more hammering.. it was one of the really important changes I made with that mod. :gnehe:

fragger

Here is one of three "weapon museums" I built to house all the Legendary weapons I accumulated in that last 'thru.
This museum is in Sanctuary. I had two others almost as extensive, one at Starlight Drive-in and one on Spectacle Island.
Every weapon you see here is a Legendary, and you'll notice there are still some slots available with no weapons in them.
That's because I wanted to keep the weapons in categories, and some categories filled up before others -
so I had to build two more museums to house them all! I had well over 200 Legendaries altogether at the end.

Spoiler

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

whoa, that's bloody impressive! ???

Now I see where most of your time went :anigrin:

for all that to build, mate, here's a +1 :thumbsup: from me :)

fragger

Thanks Art :) It was a labour of love though!

I actually had to add a wing to that museum (the section with all the flamers and armour mannikins in it). I built the museum fairly early in the game, and when it was finished I thought "that should be plenty big enough to hold all the Legendaries I might find". But no, not quite :gnehe:

Apparently, the higher the difficulty level you play on, the more Legendaries you find, so that's probably why I ran out of room compared to the last game. Plus the last playthrough didn't last for two years :gnehe:

Art Blade

now that you're going to play on the opposite end of the difficulty setup, a museum the size of an outhouse might suffice. :gnehe:

And consider that mod to get rid of the hammering.. for your ear's and mind's sake :anigrin: Plus, it's good for soothing one's OCD :anigrin: Like, you can get rid off all the dried grass and leaves, debris, and the dirt on the streets and in the houses, too..

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that museum is impressive, nice w0#k!

I had that mod to scrap everything as well, though I never thought to scrap the trigger point for hammering. Just be careful what you scrap, as some things really shouldn't be scrapped, like the ground! (I think the mod limits that by default though?)

Oh, by the way, did anyone see the advert on steam popup about Fallout 76 something or other version? I know the game is a copy paste and really broken and full of online hoodlums but I really want to just run around exploring in that world again. Was tempting. But I suppressed it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

That's really cool fragger!  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

Dweller, I did, and just seeing it killed any desire to play it, I didn't even have to suppress it :D

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I don't think they are ever going to get FO76 to a state where it's not a hot mess. I just hope there's still going to be a single player FO5 game on the horizon.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

in a way, there is. Only it's console exclusive for now so we'll have to wait.

PZ

I'm a bit disturbed at how developers are tending toward online. I personally hardly play any online, and the only one I really enjoyed was one of the Battlefield games, which I played quite often. I too hope there is a SP Fallout game on the horizon. I'll never play it to the fullest like you gents do (I'm just not that good at gaming), but I do enjoy going a play through if the theme of the game is to my liking. My favorite of the Fallout games is still FO3.

fragger

Thanks for the compliments, gentlemen :)

D_B, is that "Wastelanders" you're talking about? I saw something about it, it's some sort of add-on or DLC for 76, I believe. It's a shame they made such a hash of that game because it looks like it would be fun to explore. But without the many NPCs to meet and side quests to do, and no overarching story to speak of, I dunno, it would seem kind of an empty experience for me, I think. Not to mention having to put up with online jerks.

I won't be looking at another FO title until or unless the franchise gets back to a decent SP format. Even then, I don't think I'd consider it if settlement building was left out of it. That's the aspect of 4 which I enjoy the most. I could fill page after page with screenies of stuff I built in my last game, but I don't want to get boring with it like a kid constantly pushing his Lego creations onto his long-suffering parents (yeah, that was me way back when...)

Having played through about half a dozen times now (which each successive 'thru getting longer, unlike any other game I've repeatedly played), my favourite time is at the beginning, when I know I have a rich open world to explore chock full of things to discover and find and do. No other game has given me the sense of freedom of action that I get at the beginning of a new 'thru when I stand in Sanctuary after emerging from the Vault. I'm like, "Wow, there's so many ways to go from here - what do I w0#k towards first..."

Art Blade

yes, it is fantastic. I too enjoyed the building aspect the most. I seriously don't understand those who dislike this game. Maybe they're no fans of open world games but then again, why would they buy an open world game in the first place? Strange.

Tags:
🡱 🡳