Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

So much to do... so little time  :gnehe:

Art Blade

hehehe, when I read your comment, I instantly had that song in mind, by Miquel Brown, So Many Men, So Little Time from 1983

Spoiler

I am enjoying the game tremendously. It is open world at its best. More than 530 hours into the game, and I've barely scratched the surface  :)

KingRat

That Cabot quest is glitched for me. Jack stays at Parsons and when I check on him he's old and just says to leave him to mourn his father. The only one in the main house is Edgar, and the sister is still hanging out in the Third Rail...looking quite old too.  :banghead:

Art Blade

It may be a result of how you played it I think but it sounds weird. At the end of this post is a link with all quest stages and also a list of known bugs; what you describe isn't anywhere on that page :huh-new:

The reason for the family's youth is the father in the asylum. If he dies, the serum dies with him and the family will age. I know that they are supposed to age after the quest if the father died which is why I am surprised that

- Jack had aged and got grey hair when he gave me the weapon a week after the story ended
- he was his younger self again when I returned even later. Maybe that is a glitch :gnehe:

It is a shame that you cannot reset the quest on your X1. :( On the PC, however, you could always use the console commands..  :(

Anyway, here, read this so you can check on what is supposed to happen and what isn't:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_of_Cabot_House

Art Blade

So I fragged Kellogg and picked up some of his brains.

Not by walking around in grey matter and plucking that stuff from under my boots, no, I collected some kind of brain augmentation part from his body. :anigrin: I know I will need that for Curie (well, not that plug-in but doctor Amari's help which should be made available now) :)

Quite the show, getting to Kellogg. During the mission I missed out on some options simply because my lock picking and computer hacking skills are maxed out and that allowed me to pick locks or hack terminals without having to resort to other means such as asking around for keys and some such. Nick dropped a funny comment when again I cracked something, "you're a bit too good at that." :D

Art Blade

Good, now I've got that option. However, I'll head out with Nick for the time being, he's my newest companion and needs levelling up regarding his Affinity Level  ;)

And I decided to change my outfit slightly. I substituted the minuteman stuff (1 agility and 1 perception) for the military "underwear" (2 agility) which now makes me a tad less stealthy but in return boosts my perception from 16 to 17. Wow. :anigrin: And I replaced my military cap with a hat (keeping +1 perception) which makes me look less like Hancock but more like a 1940s dandy featuring pre-worn elegant $p@rts wear, embroidered with FO4's most excellent armour parts. Now all I need is Codsworth's voice actor for my character's lines and, good god, a stiff drink from the silver pocket flask to be able to walk straight again. :laughsm:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

KingRat

Yea, I followed the quest line from when Edgar hired me...the quest marker is on Parsons and the quest says "talk to Jack"..silly bug :D I've been busy setting up 3 settlements at Far Harbor...and ading to my Power Armor collection...getting close to 40

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, just saw that, after already downloading several gigs for my other games, 2.1gigs for Fallout 4, basically to enable paid mods? Hope it doesn't mess up mods already installed that aren't paid for. Not that I mind much at this point, having moved on, but still....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

yes, and, my thoughts exactly

Art Blade

obviously they changed the runtime so we need a new f4se (for instance to re-enable achievements)

KingRat

Gopher put up a vid on that creation club...he's not impressed  :)

Art Blade

I don't expect to be impressed, either. And I might not be simply because I won't know what's in it as I won't touch anything that requires real money when it comes to mods.

Actually, apart from paint jobs and 3D models, there can't be much in there that cannot be replicated and put up on the nexus  :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

I gave it a quick glance when testing here at w0#k before making the backup to take home. So far, the cc has some new power armor, a back pack thing, some guns and some reskins of the pipboy. You get a complimentary 100 bonus bucks or whatever they are called that are the currency of the cc, which you can get various ways I guess, the main one by buying them with real money. Yeah, thanks, but no thanks.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

waiting for F4SE to be updated..

Tags:
🡱 🡳