Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I was so happy I had "solved" that problem.. I removed the sloped hallway, knowing I could place anything anywhere now..

..then, smiling, I walked around the corner and went, "oh."

removed the sloped hallway..
power loss as before while just a few tiles around the corner..
there was still power ??? :banghead:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It isn't really a fix, the bug is still present. On the other side of the windowed wall, which is basically the extension of the walled-in water hole, there is power, on the same floor. So somehow the power worked on that side but not on this side. Funny is, how many different connections I tried and all of them gave power to this side. On the same (3rd) floor, and yes, there are light bulbs hanging on the other side just like the one that didn't receive power on this side.

:main_knockout:

Apparently the game can't fill in certain gaps. I think we can manually, even if it doesn't seem to make sense to us, it makes sense to the game. Just try to find gaps and close them.

Art Blade

Everything considered, I put an end to that project. However, I learned from mandru that floating things might be useful.. so I built a little construction help and.. dropped down a fusion reactor on a floor that doesn't exist (any more) inside the Starlight Drive-In. Nice new power house  :anigrin:

The place is too good to be left as it was, though.. so I dismantled the whole air vault structure. It was a bit tedious but I have already got another project in my mind's eye, something I have long wanted to do.

BEASTS IN THE ARENA! :evil2:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, power is a major pain. Then, you've got it all figured out, everything works, and the next day when you load the game half your lights are dark. Just picking them up and placing them down in the exact same spot makes them w0#k again.   :banghead:
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I don't think the game developers considered you guys level of experimentation

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on September 29, 2017, 05:05:43 AM
I was so happy I had "solved" that problem.. I removed the sloped hallway, knowing I could place anything anywhere now..

..then, smiling, I walked around the corner and went, "oh."

removed the sloped hallway..
power loss as before while just a few tiles around the corner..
there was still power ??? :banghead:

It isn't really a fix, the bug is still present. On the other side of the windowed wall, which is basically the extension of the walled-in water hole, there is power, on the same floor. So somehow the power worked on that side but not on this side. Funny is, how many different connections I tried and all of them gave power to this side. On the same (3rd) floor, and yes, there are light bulbs hanging on the other side just like the one that didn't receive power on this side.

:main_knockout:

Apparently the game can't fill in certain gaps. I think we can manually, even if it doesn't seem to make sense to us, it makes sense to the game. Just try to find gaps and close them.

I noticed that 2nd bulb, middle top, isn't lit either? So far I've been able to avoid power issues although 3 stories is my highest level.

Art Blade

yeah there is another bulb smack in the middle of the pic, I noticed that when it was uploaded. :anigrin:

They were ALL on when I placed that sloped hallway down, and then they went out again after removing it, so it doesn't matter much.

D_B, hehe, yeah, that happened to me, too. :anigrin: :banghead: :)

Art Blade

I came across a useful glitch / trick and here's a vid that explains it well.

Art Blade

Here's the start of my new project Arena. Ooh, spooky -- for some reason, I constantly end up taking pics at night  :anigrin: Sod water purification, we want monster mud fights :gnehe:

Art Blade

Hehe, the arena project, also known as the Marcy project :gnehe: I'll send all those pesky people to Starlight Drive-In :evil2:

This is the observatory for the arena -- I decided to use at least some Vault-Tec, the overseer's office. It's a rather nice view at the arena from that balcony :)

The ufo is still there, behind the "office."
Oops, that column sticking out of it was just a temp storage for it  :D
I forgot that I'd put it up there :bigsmile:
However, the strange tall column to the left is used for lights,
to illuminate the "Starlight" letters

Dogmeat still sitting there with Nick :anigrin:

Art Blade

I did a test run, it was so much fun :anigrin:

First I summoned Marcy, made her essential and then I spawned raider veterans and deathclaws for a good mix. Although you can't see it in the pic, I tried one of those powered doors and that actually keeps everyone and everything inside the designated arena. In the pic, before I tried that, you can see they're running around everywhere because one side of the arena is open, where the stairs are. I did get a couple of new ideas out of all that :)

I have now reverted to a clean savegame in order to continue with the build.

Art Blade

OK, after quite a bit of testing I have got a result. :)

The arena with the pond. Left and right are the two team areas.
Walls facing the arena prevent teams from seeing their opponents.
Powered doors prevent them from randomly entering the arena.

Testing was made easy by writing batch files first that allow me to quickly spawn gunners, raiders, ghouls and minutemen, and additionally using console commands TCAI (toggle combat AI) and TAI (toggle AI) I was able to set up and play through various scenarios.

I set up controls (power switches) on the balcony so I can open the doors individually from up there. Great view, and I can control who enters when. Essentially, I can have three teams. One in the arena, and two on the left and right side of it. :)

Controls and Vista

KingRat

I kinda thought you'd end up with some kind of offset doors. Looks good Art  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

thanks, KingRat :) After what you saw when I streamed my gameplay to you, I think you know why the doors are where they are now  :D

For those of you who weren't there: It was absolutely impossible to snap a powered door to the edge of a foundation block towards the pond (on the right side) so I had to find a different place for the door. To make it look symmetrical, I mirrored both team areas.

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty nice and way more nicely set up than mine was, I had switches and wires and everything running all over the place. It was still fun to let various things out of the cages and let them fight it out. Later on in the game, I kept Danse there and he would join in the action too.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thanks, D_B :) I ripped out the cages.. it's faster to just spawn stuff.

Tags:
🡱 🡳