Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I always liked Nick, and took him along on Far Harbor for the extra dialog you get between him and Dima.

If you follow the quest markers for the glowing sea to visit Virgil, it will first take you to the edge of the area, then to the crater, then to his cave. It is nice they integrated Far Harbor into the dialog you can have with the children, though it doesn't change much. Turning the courser off with his reset code is one of the funniest things you can do, and almost makes having Mama Murphy around in all her annoying glory.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but Bethesda released Fallout 4 GOTY edition. Includes all of the DLC with the base game for 60$

GMG link

Steam link

Apparently, the rating for FO4 is "Mostly Negative" after the release of the creation club
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

$60 for the full pack is a reasonable price.

While I don't think it's fair to say the game is *bleep* because of the CC, I do think that it is a good warning for Bethesda, they should stop ruining a game by insulting people who know mods are free.

LowPolyOWG

Based on your impressions, it looks fun :) Yeah, I can agree.

Art Blade

haha, I just noticed a funny mistake that I made, I corrected it.

For reasons unknown, I wrote "they should stop to ruin it" rather than "they should stop ruining it."

While it should be quite obvious for native speakers, it might be a little puzzling for non-native speakers: what the heck is the difference between those two?

Spoiler

If I told you to stop to ruin the car I am looking at, you would have to slow down, stop, walk over to the car and start to wreck it. As soon as I notice my mistake, I would have to ask you to please stop ruining that car.  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

PZ

Art Blade

As to my playthrough.

I've now joined the Railroad and chosen Deacon as my new companion, just because he is new. I got his perk now for having reached maximum affinity with him and it sounds promising: Cloak & Dagger perk, "the player character gains +20% sneak attack damage and the duration of effects of Stealth Boys is increased by +40%." O0

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

Playing the Railroad branch, I keep getting loads of radiant missions. I have returned to Piper as my companion. :bigsmile:

Apparently there are 11 MILA missions, 3 Jackpot, 6 Randolph Safehouse and many more. Again I thought hey, let's play a few (perhaps three or four) missions until I reach the point that requires me to change over to the Brotherhood of Steel. I was wrong.

This game keeps me busy, 869 hours so far, and I fear that I have barely scratched the surface :laughsm:

LowPolyOWG

??? Just add 3450 hours, then you have your GTA V playtime :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Deacon is cool, just don't give him and clothes or armor, as he changes disguises all the time and I don't think you get back what you gave him. Not sure, but since he changes all the time, there's no point in giving him anything.

I also used him long enough to get the perk (just like all the other companions) and went back to Piper usually. The MILA missions are decent enough, and are really there just to get you on the roof of some buildings to show off the world, I'm sure. The missions for PAM are better, and get you ballistic weave, the best armor option in the game.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

mandru

I can't even venture a guess at how many Railroad missions I've completed.  If you keep showing up at their HQ the Doc and P.A.M. will run you ragged.  Trying to figure out the balance of how to arrange an opportunity where you complete both the Doc's and P.A.M.'s assignments on the same return visit is almost a quest in and of itself.  :anigrin:

The trick behind walking away from the Railroad HQ without having yet another mission tacked on your "To Do" list is to remember to turn in completion notices to P.A.M. first.  She can stack as many as three missions at a time before accepting that you have completed the first mission of the series.  If you can walk away from P.A.M without a new assignment and your goal is to have clean books with the Railroad that's the time to report a pending completed mission to the Doc.

The Doc always gives you a breather space when you have turned in a completed assignment, waiting until your next return to the Railroad HQ before hitting you up again.  :thumbsup:

Setting Doc straight
*** A side note on the Doc.

If I recall correctly during my first few interactions with him he was almost overly over bearing and arrogant as if he looked down on me.  I applied a conversational option to get snotty back at him which resulted in my calling him an a$$.  That was enough to cause him to completely alter his demeanor when speaking to me.  From that point on he has only been respectful and readily applies praise when deserved.

But from that point on there are limited dialog options and as far as I can tell there is no undoing that attitude adjustment on him.

So if you like him as an arrogant jerk don't select the sarcastic response when speaking to him. ***

I've been sent out to kill the Courser at the Mayoral Bunker so many times now my key target is active and ready for me but his accompanying synth squad have become so bored with the detail that they are lying alive but comatose when I show up to clear them out.

Even the brief scuffle with the Courser no longer causes them to stir from their dreams of electric sheep.  The insensate synths glow red when viewed through the life detection filter of my power suit helmet but there is no rousing them.  Even bare handed punches with non-critical hits fails to break them free of their dispassionate ennui.

An additional oddity with these unresponsive synths is that once they are dead if they have remained intact they can't be looted.  ???

I have to wield my standard carry (weapon slot #3) Kremvh's Tooth and by lopping of an arm, leg or head can render the freshly severed appendage into a state that recognizes the synth is dead and can be looted by accessing that limb.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳