Halo MCC finally comes to PC, 5 years after console launch

Started by LowPolyOWG, March 14, 2019, 01:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

true but it wasn't much code but more annotations left in the code. So that was more of a curio than revealing anything important. Which still is funny to read :)

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

343i had a stream, showcasing Reach on PC. Looks smooth at 60 fps without the motion blur Bungo added. Also, lengthy blog post ahead.

Gameplay from the stream

Blog post

TL:DR:

Engines needs a rewrite due to it counting on ticks and not being coded for an arbitrary number of frames. Reach will have the rebalance patch applied through almost all game modes. Bungie never bothered to do that in 2011, leading to inconsistency for weapon handling. FOV will be capped at 120, but you can go above that through .ini files. Might lead to extreme model distortion.

BinnZ

Isn't that a bit amateurish for a PC port nowadays?
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

If you release it, sure. Not if you take your time to rebuild it ;) If you want to see amateurish w0#k, look at Bethesda games :anigrin:

Art Blade

:laughsm:

although that might even be an insult to some amateurs :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

QuoteEach title can be purchased individually – Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4 will be offered at $9.99USD on both the Microsoft Store and Steam while Halo 3: ODST within MCC (with a current scope of Campaign only), will be available for $4.99USD. Players will have flexibility to purchase any or all the games at any point along the way as they become available.

So, 6 games for a $55 package in total.

Art Blade

sounds like a good price for each game.

Microsoft, MS.. what was it with MS.. ah! Forza Horizon and I being unable to even start the game for over a week thanks to servers not available.. and my decision to finally uninstall the *bleep* and NEVER buy any of their *bleep* again. Yeah, that's what it was about MS.

LowPolyOWG

They will release their future games on Steam too, from now on :) Also, they announced Game Pass for PC, which means pay $4.99 for 100 games. I prefer direct purchases though.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Tags:
🡱 🡳