Alternatives to YouTube

Started by PZ, July 28, 2019, 02:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

For anyone using an alternative video provider, we've updated the video embedder to include providers like DTube, Twitch, and many others. For example, Twitch.tv is a YouTube like provider that specializes in video gaming. This is an example of embedding a Twitch video:

BinnZ

That's nice, well done! I'm still more of the static imagery myself, and having issues again uploading pics from my iPhone. It still tells me they are exceeding the size limits. You think you can do something about that too?

The size of the pictures is 3024 by 4032. Quite large actually, but it takes quite a bit of w0#k each time to find a workaround 😢
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Hmmm, just found an easier workaround; make a screenshot of my phone while watching the pic 😜

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Happen to remember this place?

Edit: sorry to go off topic a bit, but now that I'm on it, you think it's possible to make the list of pictures in the 'MyImages' gallery to show the newest first? I always have to scroll to page something and down to find my newest uploads 😢

Ah, and is it possible to upload pics private?

Sorry for asking PZ, don't want to cause you trouble or lots of w0#k, but maybe if it's easy, you could look into it on a rainy Sunday afternoon or something? 😬
"No hay luz"

PZ

I'll look into it, BinnZ  O0

I think you can create your own gallery of images, and then limit the permissions to only yourself if you want to keep them private. However, that was true on the old site, and I'm not sure if I used the same gallery on this site, but I'll check it out.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on July 28, 2019, 02:08:27 PM
For anyone using an alternative video provider, we've updated the video embedder to include providers like DTube, Twitch, and many others.

+1 :thumbsup: :)

Art Blade

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

nex

Quote from: PZ on July 28, 2019, 02:08:27 PM
For anyone using an alternative video provider

Agree with you Art
Thanks PZ +1
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Thanks gents  O0

Bad news BinnZ - the gallery we have installed is a basic one that does not allow much except posting, but no permissions possible.

Here is a link to different potential video providers just in case anyone is looking for something specific.

https://nordvpn.com/blog/youtube-alternatives/

BinnZ

Thanks for looking into it PZ, +1 from me too. Just an idea, but can't you install it twice, and the second only embedded in the seniors section?
"No hay luz"

PZ

Thanks BinnZ  O0 Unfortunately not because the mods install into the core of the site code. I must have had a compatibility issue because we were using Aeva Media on the old site, and they discontinued support, which made it impossible to install on the new site due to compatibility issues.

Art Blade

Quote from: BinnZ on July 28, 2019, 07:30:13 PM
O0

you know what.. only just now I noticed the screenshot on the front page, that you named it Glenn Affric. When I replied to your question whether we remembered that place, I hadn't noticed that yet.. it would have been so easy to just read the pic's name lol

Tags:
🡱 🡳