Red Dead Screenies

Started by BinnZ, December 09, 2019, 11:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Won my first free roam event tonight. Caught a lucky break. This was the hunting challenge and usually when you join there are a bunch of other players running around. Same was true this time, and it makes no sense, because everyone running around shooting the animals before the timer starts gets you nothing, and all the animals are dead when the event begins and you have to go searching for more to get points when it actually starts. So, I was just standing there next to the lake with my back to a tree waiting for it to start and everyone else was shooting like crazy. So just before the start, four deer come running down the hill, away from the shooting, and jump in the water to swim away. Turns out they swim right towards me, just as the timer begins and the event starts, so I shoot all four of them, getting a jump on all the other players in the first 10 seconds. So during the event, I get a couple foxes and raccoons, and then a rare wolf appears which is more points, and I just luck into meeting him, again at the lake and he jumps in, making himself a sitting duck as it were. Turns out I win, first time in a free roam event, so that was nice.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that's a nice story and you really deserved to win, man. I mean, against all those idiots who either are too stupid to understand the simple rules or are trying to troll everyone else. Well done :)

Art Blade

A weird way to go.. not sure what happened, they sure did see each other frequently but that.. did they "see" each other's brains out? :-X

You can loot the sheep and will find a gold wedding ring (fixed to it with that pink bow)

This pic was taken as John finds them dead. As Arthur you can actually find that sheep still alive and running around with the bow. I find it astonishing that Rockstar allowed that "Easter egg" to be found. Typically you my hear sheep-shagger jokes but to visualise it in a Western game is quite something ??? :anigrin:

till death do us part

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that's a strange one, even for R* who's joke humor is usually a little bent.

Do you think they had the current situation in mind when they created this one:

D_B

Art Blade

:)

reminds me of a special mission series as part of a DLC for Hitman 2 that takes place in a private hospital in Hokkaido, Japan. There's one patient zero (which is also the name of the mission series) whom you're supposed to kill before the virus spreads. I uploaded a vid without any virus spread so it wouldn't "help" here but I've played it for fun and allowed it to spread. I believe there are around 200-300 NPCs on the map. At first it goes "pop," one infected, then after a while "pop" again, another one infected, and then it starts to pop like a kettle of pop corn, uncontrollable spread and somehow it was fun because killing infected was allowed. Essentially you could pass the mission (albeit not exactly with a top score, lol) by waiting for the whole level to get infected and then killing them all off.

Let's hope it won't come to that in real life :gnehe:

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on March 22, 2020, 11:00:28 PMreminds me of a special mission series as part of a DLC for Hitman 2

Big Mooney (heavily cursing Scottish YouTuber) actually picked up on exactly that. He even tackles the toilet paper hoarders :anigrin: And he experienced the same glitch that I kept having, people zooming straight up to the next floor, through the ceiling.
Spoiler

Dweller_Benthos

That's too funny, uses the fish a lot too! If I ever tried that game, that's how every level would end up, with me killing everyone after messing up the stealth part and just giving up and shooting everyone.
D_B

Art Blade

:) check out his channel, he actually became famous for his "kill everyone" hitman videos.

Art Blade

Found the robot on a mountain top.

he keeps stuttering "papa"

the location is quite remote (near Colter)

fragger

Art Blade

yep :anigrin:

long story short: crazy scientist wants to take over the world (using a robot army) but his first (prototype) robot kills him. By that, saved mankind but lost his creator, his "papa," which makes him sad.

Dweller_Benthos

Awww sad robot is lonely. Can you push him off? lol that's cruel. But funny. But cruel. Still funny though.
D_B

Art Blade

I tried to blow him off the ledge and down that cliff with a dynamite arrow but he wouldn't as much as shake. Can't move him, can't interact with him but you can kill him which isn't spectacular, either, so I let him live.

fragger

Stories about robots and other technological doodads created by mad scientists around the turn of the last century always amuse me. Like, how do these guys create circuitry, processors, power sources, servos, actuators, programming, etc etc etc? :huh-new:

Art Blade

not to mention the ability to comprehend and to use spoken language.. neuronal networks, peanuts. :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳