Red Dead Screenies

Started by BinnZ, December 09, 2019, 11:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I wonder if that Bird of Paradise plant was intended as an Easter Egg or simply a huge goof.  :-\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I think it's some kind of a joke or Easter egg. Nobody creates a "wrong" but detailed realistic 3D object like that one and puts it into this game when everything else around is perfectly fine unless they wanted to achieve something with it. And Rockstar is known for that kind of stuff :)

fragger

We've got a Bird of Paradise plant in our garden. No outlaws though, unless they're really good at hiding :gnehe:

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Fragger, what do you think garden gnomes are? Sneaky devils.....

Yeah the plant was definitely put there for a reason, it's not one of the ones you can gather for the collector quests in the online game, so I was wondering if there was a connection to a quest in the story mode. It's fairly near a trail so you'd see it if you were riding along that trail, and if you look on the minimap in the screenshot, it's near a collector map quest for an arrowhead, but there was no arrowhead in that area that I could find. Strange.

The stupid wolves in that area though, they don't give up and there's a never ending supply of them. As I was searching around the area for the arrowhead, several NPCs and even other players rode by at full gallop being chased by wolves. It got to be funny after a while. The wolves would ignore me as they were already locked onto something else, and just run past as I watched, then vanish once their target was out of range.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Back to the paradise plant, it is the same one in the Saint Denis mansion gardens, I think it's probably just a misplaced asset, where they were placing "flower_bush_1" and a "flower_bush_2" snuck in there and no one noticed.
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

Indeed - if games are buggy (which implies mistakes), then it is certainly possible for a game to contain misplaced assets.

Art Blade

Since recently I'm trying to use the bow exclusively, even during missions. I love it :)

bow vs shotgun :evil2:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

nex

He's gonna have the grandpappy of headaches....... :anigrin:
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

Art Blade

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login