Sushi

Started by Art Blade, February 23, 2017, 09:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I just have to show this to you guys. I think it's perfect.

This is Sushi. Not fast food.

PZ

What a sublime experience!  I particularly like the fatty tuna sashimi, but the nigiri is also most excellent.  :beer2:

Dweller_Benthos

I laughed when I saw the guy's dinky top-knot. Seriously? You walk around in public like that? But yeah, some of that looked pretty good. I've never had the really high-end sushi, but the one place I do get lunch from sometimes at least is made there by a person and not some machine who knows where.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

:D

Me too D_B - the local places have you sit behind a refrigerated case in which the fish is stored - it is difficult to see what the chef is doing unless you look between the posts and fish.  However, it is really good fish and we regularly enjoy it.  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

LOL D_B @ dinky top-knot, you're so right  :D

All I know is that I am not willing to eat in a restaurant anymore that serves sushi dishes to be picked from conveyor belts or that serve them without us knowing whether it was prepared the moment before serving or had been sitting on a tray for hours. Which at the same time renders ready-to-go sushi packages sold in supermarkets totally out of the question.

I would really like to sit at a bar while the sushi chef is preparing the delicacy right in front of me. Sushi hand-fed, so to speak :anigrin:

PZ

I never purchase prepared food that is sitting in a counter - you're absolutely correct in saying that you have no idea how long it has been there, nor if the person that prepared it washed their hands after going to the bathroom.  :-X

Art Blade

*gag* ???

hehe, yes, indeed :bigsmile:

PZ

I forgot to mention that I have to agree - the experience portrayed in that video ... perfect  O0

BinnZ

These people know a lot about tasting ;)

I like Saito. He reminds me of Jamie Oliver when he visits the fish market. The pure love for the food, and the joy he expresses connecting with people.
I also like the way he treats his food. He's a master. Indeed, as if he's dancing with the fish and the rice. Excellent :) :thumbsup:

Too bad I don't like fish :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Maybe Saito could change that. :gnehe:

PZ

I enjoyed Jamie Oliver's program - too bad it does not continue.

PZ

Although not the greatest I have had, this was quite good for a local establishment. Have with Kirin Ichiban and it was a very pleasant lunch.

[spoiler text=Chirashi bowl]Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
[/spoiler]

Art Blade

That looks good :)

As long as it's good quality tastes good, hell if I was to refuse that. I know we can't expect to get Saito quality anywhere but at Saito.

PZ

Oh, I know - but if the fish is fresh enough, it will still be a pleasant experience.  I only wish I could experience a Saito meal  :bigsmile:

Art Blade

oh man, yes, me too :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳