Far Cry 2 is being dusted off, BinnZ jumps back into Africa

Started by BinnZ, April 01, 2020, 04:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

They were Godzillas carrying guns that would make Gatlings look like cap guns,
and shooting them just made them angry   :banghead:
Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, PZ, just play the first half of the game, then when the first mutant appears, turn it off. lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

reminds me of a so-called "boss key" :anigrin:

in case you don't know what that means:
Spoiler

it was meant for games being played "illegally" while at the office. When the boss comes into the room, you hit the "boss key" that instantly pauses and mutes the game while at the time it changes the on-screen display to an "inconspicuous" data sheet and some diagrams to make it look like any random office program. There were variants that would instead simply kind of emulate "ALT-F4" to instantly terminate the game and showing the inconspicuous desktop. In PZ's case it would be the latter and to be used as soon as the first mutant appears. :anigrin:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: BinnZ on April 05, 2020, 02:32:14 PM
When I entered Africa, riding the taxi, I saw the pogo NPC's again. Lots of NPC's seem to like jumping and bouncing up and down. And I didn't even use mods ;D
Infamous is challenging. I get a grip on the handling pretty fast though. One thing that I don't like is the FOV. It seems extremely narrow to me. Maybe it's just me not being used to real first person games anymore, maybe I overlooked a setting where to adjust it. Anyway, that is certainly something to get used to.

FOV cannot be adjusted in-game, but you can patch it by using the gibbed tools and editing the camera.xml file. Bouncing NPCs can be fixed by adding "-gfx_MaxFPS <your fps value here>" in the .exe properties, or press the vertical bar key (above the Tab/left side of the "1" key) and type in the command there.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

With 120 fov, map and gps "weapon" appears further away from you. Might make it harder to read lol.

Yeah, took Ubisoft 10 years to animate your player's legs in 1st person :laughsm: Meanwhile, games like Halo 2 added "viewlegs" back in 2004

As seen in my FC5 video, higher FOV breaks weapon animations as usual :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Dated graphics, but still one of my favorites. I do not recall seeing pogo NPCs, but maybe I'm just not remembering. I do remember being annoyed a bit at how once a single NPC saw you, suddenly the entire world knew exactly where you were, and descended like locusts.

My favorite part of playing FC2 on the PC are the mods. My silent AS50 has a range so long the APCs have no idea where the shot is coming from. I can pick them off one by one as they run around like chickens. For closer range I like the AR16 with the 450 round magazine, and it is full auto rather than 3 shot bursts. The last weapon which is very much fun up close and personal is the silent 6P9 which has been changed to kill with a single shot.

Lastly the jump was modified so that you can jump to ledges you could only dream of before letting one explore parts of the map never before accessible.

nex

Nothing to compare with this PZ, I still have all my FC2 videos   O0
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Art Blade

yeah, your mod was fun. I only installed it quite late when I was still playing FC2 but the weapon changes you made were outstanding. :thumbsup: :)

PZ

Thanks AB - makes it fun to pick up again once in a while  :gnehe:

mandru

Someone would post a screen shot of some obscure spot in the game and say "Guess where this is."

Heh, good times.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

BinnZ

Quote from: mandru on April 10, 2020, 10:32:06 PM
Someone would post a screen shot of some obscure spot in the game and say "Guess where this is."

I Will!!!!  :evil2:
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

I noticed there's a multiplayer part to the game, is it just the standard deathmatch and capture the flag stuff or something different?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳