Satisfactory (Early Access)

Started by LowPolyOWG, June 09, 2020, 12:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

sure, I'm not going to skip anything. So I will set up the production line again once I've set up the oil refinery stuff (oh man, that's essentially a whole new factory)

Right now I'm going to build the YellFac bottom to top covering all the basic production lines and advance from there further up. I really want to keep using the same building for the WHOLE stuff lol

BinnZ

Understood. Clever thinking matey! :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Art Blade

in the meantime my circuit board production finished and I reassigned the very same module to another temporary job, for parts only used for space elevator missions. Good thing actually that I can reuse this module so easily, all I had to do was to change the manufacturing program and to fill up those containers again :gnehe:

So while those parts are being produced, I can do other stuff..  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

O0

I might need to a full remake. Perhaps not as advanced as yours, but I might consider dunmping stuff in containers, then distribute stuff through different production lines. At the moment, my "new" factory is on 1 floor, with conveyors stretching everywhere.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

a restart is fun, done that myself a few times :gnehe:

good thing is that you can improve your factory with all your experience gained. The only way to prevent doing this all over time and again is good planning and thinking ahead.

Art Blade

thanks to an error (in a previous post which I have edited I said 2,500 parts would take 30+ real life hours but it's actually 30+ minutes) I'm now almost done with that massive amount.

I have reassigned that temporary module for the third time now, again producing parts only needed for space elevator missions.

Man I am so glad that I made that decision, that experiment really has paid off in more ways than I am willing to explain :D

And it also has paid off to go modular as well as using container columns. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to use that experimental setup so easily for three different jobs so far. I just grab the exact amount of components from the columns and fill the containers of the experimental module to get the exact amount of specific parts needed for the mission. And while that experimental module is working its cogs off I can do something else :laughsm:

BinnZ

Great! Now, how about more storeys? :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

haha, yes, as soon as I find time for that :anigrin:

Meanwhile I've been reusing the experimental module for the 4th time, again space elevator-specific parts :gnehe:

Also, I "quickly" produced 750 stators and 100 computers in the meantime. I already had heavy modular frames.

I'm getting really close now regarding that bloody space elevator mission. It's just such an awful lot of sophisticated stuff I have to produce to get it over with. Well.. soon..

and then, more storeys :anigrin:

Art Blade

And by the way, the experimental module has now achieved its 5th (and this time permanent) use. :)

I have removed the containers and reconfigured it the way it was originally intended: as one of the last "basic" modules.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeesh, just how much does the space elevator need? Do they expect you to extract the contents of the entire planet, then ship it up there? What are they building up there anyway? LOL!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

That just reminded me of a song:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

although I like Tom Waits, that song right now was kind of putting me off a bit with his dark mood. Playing Satisfactory is entertaining for me and putting me in a good mood. I enjoy solving the puzzles of logistics and creating monster modules :anigrin:

Dweller, no idea but it's got to be done. In a way it's a challenge.

Currently I'm using brute force to produce the last batch of items for the space elevator. I need to produce 500 items and because one machine produces ONE item per minute I slapped 6 of those massive machines (constructors) on my rooftop to speed up the process.

brute force
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Before I did that, the roof looked a LOT emptier.. and as you can see, new columns (3rd column floor) are sticking out and up. That's the absolute minimum I need to rise the building, to match the height of the columns. I might build it tad taller, however.. :gnehe:

roof with columns

Here you can see those conveyor lifts attached to the 3rd level columns, just follow the gap all the way to the top.. you see them and notice there's no wall to the right of them. So the next time I show that view, the facade will cover the whole pic to the right.. the roof is the 10th floor (for now) and I reckon I'll add a couple more :anigrin:

view from ground level

When I had finished the bare bone of the YellFac, I didn't expect it to look like this one day and I really didn't think that I'd need to build it even taller :D

Art Blade

DONE, unlocked tier 7.

Oh, that includes radioactive stuff.

Dweller_Benthos

uh oh, radiation? Nuclear power here we come! No need for those smelly coal furnaces anymore!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳