Satisfactory (Early Access)

Started by LowPolyOWG, June 09, 2020, 12:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

yeah hehe but that's nothing urgent right now.

Rising the factory was, and now a ton of new modules, and the bloody oil-rubber-plastic-fuel stuff...

YellFac taller now. Roof = 14th floor
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

ah, regarding the "clean front" question, yes. Still looking nice and pristine :gnehe:

YellFac front view (taller)

BinnZ

13 by 21 windows. On the 13 side, it starts to look like something. But on the ample side, it still looks like it could become MUCH taller :gnehe:

Sorry to be so demanding :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

haha yes.. I was thinking about building some more and making it taller but man, it doesn't build itself :anigrin:

I tried something though, I built a sky bridge straight from the new rooftop facing the containers until I hit solid rock at the same level. About 150 floor tiles ("8x1 metres") but when running, I take one tile at two paces, making it a stride of 4 metres.. must be the exoskeleton. The rock I hit was the mountainous rock wall with waterfalls at the horizon and only maybe one storey below but about 50 more tiles to the left (I continued to build the bridge at a 90° angle there) to where I found uranium long ago.

There are two things I don't want inside of YellFac: crude oil and any related production lines (while I do want to process oil-related products like rubber and plastic inside of YellFac) and the other thing I REALLY don't want is radioactive stuff coming from uranium-related production lines. I need to unlock and create a hazmat suit to be able to survive near uranium so I better keep that stuff FAR away from where I normally spend most of my time.

Dweller_Benthos

Ah yeah, good idea to keep the radioactive stuff far away. And looking at that last picture, I recall from videos the size of the player character, so if you were in that picture, standing at the bottom floor in front of the building, you'd be a fairly small speck at that scale. The thing is for want of a better term, Brobdingnagian.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

referencing Gulliver's Travels.. I can live with that. :anigrin:

Yes, it's huge and by now it takes a significant amount of time to get from the ground to the top floor :gnehe: Hyper tubes are becoming more and more an essential means of travel.

Art Blade

while I'm contemplating how to proceed, I changed a few details.

I got rid of the express lift (the yellow column to the right) because that one tile it took up on every floor cost me quite a bit of trouble at times. Not any more.

And what really had always bugged me was the asymmetrical "design" of the stair case. It was OK when I started with floors 3 windows tall but once I continued with 4, it went out of shape. Now it's centred and you don't notice the difference any more. :anigrin:

fixed those stairs (and removed express lift)

BinnZ

Funny. In the last screenshot you posted these things were exactly what annoyed me the most. And you got rid of them without me asking for it. Nice :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

it's not for the first time that we had the same thoughts independently :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

I like it better the new way as well, though I must admit, it didn't bother me too much before, thinking along the lines of it being necessary to follow the function it needed to accomplish, which I hold as slightly more important than it "looking good". Though if both goals can be met in the same design, all the better!
D_B

Art Blade

cheers :)

If you want to check the old pics you'll realise that the old staircase started at the side of the building when it had only 3-windows storeys. To get to the roof was kind of the 4th window up there so the way from the last floor to the top needed a longer flight of stairs which forced me to build around the corner. Then I expanded both sideways and upwards while the staircase remained where it was. Then I added an express lift which was cool back then but now, having added a couple of storeys, I didn't want to continue the express lift to the roof for various reasons. Most of all because I don't think that the current roof will be the roof of the future.. I reckon I might add a couple more storeys and then comes "the wiring and the plumbing" bit.. it's tedious if you have to do it all over and over again.

Well. Now that I had some spare time to build stuff I thought it was time to see whether or not I could "fix" that staircase which I managed. And I removed the lift.

Now I've got a couple of hyper tubes sticking out from the middle of the building where the roof used to be.. I don't like that much and I'll have to think about that some more, how to handle those tubes.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I saw the transition from 3 floors to 4 on the stairways, not a big deal to me really. Though it does look more even now. As for travel tubes, I'd have them going every which way knowing how I build things usually heh.
D_B

Art Blade

mostly I use them for temporary jobs, like from the floor I'm working on to the top and the ground levels. You can see that in this pic which is about "cable management" (power supply of every floor from the makeshift fusebox switchboard) Of course I use them for long distance travels to coal and oil and such.

cable management

Art Blade

having unlocked tier 7 (about tier 8 the game simply states that it has already been unlocked, so probably a placeholder for future updates in this early access game) I now have access to the last and latest high tech and that means lots of nice things for the factory.

I can't use them just now, I'll have to unlock a couple of things first. It's like some kind of a step by step access that on top you have to pay for with more products.

One of the things I need now is alumin(i)um and that requires bauxite which I can now scan the area for. It seems to be a tad farther away than my uranium source and I'll have to get it. I'll then need water for some brew to get aluminium of it. Luckily I haven't used the pond yet that's located next to the YellFac. Might have to use it for that purpose.

Which comes in handy, actually, because I had thought about all that oil business. I have access to so much oil but the only pipeline I built can't transport all the oil. And oil products need water, too. My nodes are next to a lake so it makes sense to set up a basic oil production right there and then "ship" the products (via conveyor belts) home to my YellFac for further processing.

I'm pretty happy with how everything has gone so far. I'm still on only 1,800MW coming from the old coal generators and even complicated production processes usually require a lot less. I can blow the fuses with excessive power consumption, I know how to do that if I want to (it's more or less about taking a couple of different higher end products from the containers and allowing the whole factory to start filling them up again at the same time) but hey.. it's better not to do that.. plus, my YellFac isn't meant to do that :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Is tier 8 fusion power or something? What comes after regular nuclear? lol. But they obviously have something in mind for it.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳