The Outer Worlds

Started by Art Blade, October 24, 2020, 06:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

thank you!

that would actually be something to post in the "News" board of "Gaming" in the new forum. Something like, "New DLC Murder On Eridanos for The Outer Worlds out now!"

Would you like to do yourself the honour of posting there? :)

https://owg.ztrips.org/viewforum.php?f=8

mandru

I'm not sure it's worth mentioning on the new forum.  Very few if any are currently playing it.

If there was a shout box over there I'd drop it.

My understanding of the new forum is structured in a way where if an established member posts a new thread then they are its moderator and I'm not willing to take that responsibility on at this time.

There's too much BBC code to remember to do the job right.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Saw the download but no mention in the news link on steam, just some stuff about 60fps on consoles. Then in game the menu shows the DLC is available but isn't a link to anything. My season pass only shows Gorgon as a possible download, which I already have of course, nothing else.

So, big question, how do you play it? Does it just automatically pop up like the Gorgon one did when you got to a certain level and past a certain quest line? And how does it w0#k for those who have finished the story? Isn't finishing the story a kind of final end to the game and there's nothing after that? How do you go back now and play this new DLC?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

Hey D_B, I had a pop-up that said there were 1 or possibly 2 previous missions that needed to be completed and then before going to the end game prison planet the act of traveling between planets will give you a notification that the new content is available.

By highlighting the new mission you will be given the start point.  Then travel to the planet Eridanos (or the starting point for the new content) will be possible.

Sorry I don't recall the missions that were cited as needed to proceed.  :-[

- mandru

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru on March 16, 2021, 06:10:29 AM
I'm not sure it's worth mentioning on the new forum.  Very few if any are currently playing it.

If there was a shout box over there I'd drop it.

My understanding of the new forum is structured in a way where if an established member posts a new thread then they are its moderator and I'm not willing to take that responsibility on at this time.

There's too much BBC code to remember to do the job right.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If an admin (me) asks you to post there then it's OK, mandru ;) The "News" board was actually meant for exactly that type of information.

The new forum structure: You may post anywhere you like: as long as you can see the board, you may post there. The only thing I could come up with that I think matches your understanding would be: someone who is not owner of the Member Board they're about to post in wanted to start a new topic there with own personal stuff. Like, if you went to Binn's Typical, there to Binn's Games, and there started a new topic called "The Outer Worlds" - that would probably be inappropriate and look strange. But it would be appropriate to comment (post) on his topics there. As to own new topics: you'd post them in one of the available general boards such as the Games board or whatever board you think is best suited for your topic or you can just ask us admins to create a board for you.

As to BBC code: Even I don't use it and I'm an admin. I have no idea what you might need that for.. you just hit the "post reply" or "new topic" buttons and start posting, that's it. ;)

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on March 16, 2021, 10:19:34 AM
If an admin (me) asks you to post there then it's OK, mandru ;) The "News" board was actually meant for exactly that type of information.

Ah OK.  Thanks for the clarification.
- mandru

PZ

Quote from: mandru on March 16, 2021, 06:10:29 AM
...My understanding of the new forum is structured in a way where if an established member posts a new thread then they are its moderator and I'm not willing to take that responsibility on at this time.

Art said it well  :thumbsup:

One more thing to add regarding your own forum: You would be listed as moderator of your forum (but not individual posts you make anywhere else), but that only means that you have the option of moderating. You can do as little or as much as you want. Art and I always monitor all forums to ensure that no one registers and starts doing bad stuff.

Likely no one will need to do any moderating  O0

nex

Ah gee, and I was going to post pictures of scantily clad females..... :evil2:
Respect is earned, not given.

mandru

- mandru

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: mandru on March 16, 2021, 09:33:41 AM
Hey D_B, I had a pop-up that said there were 1 or possibly 2 previous missions that needed to be completed and then before going to the end game prison planet the act of traveling between planets will give you a notification that the new content is available.

By highlighting the new mission you will be given the start point.  Then travel to the planet Eridanos (or the starting point for the new content) will be possible.

Sorry I don't recall the missions that were cited as needed to proceed.  :-[

Hmmmm OK I must not be progressed far enough yet, as there's no other missions for me except the main one (dock at the Hope) and the Gorgon ones.
D_B

mandru

There might be a requirement of character level 25.  I'm pretty sure at least it's a strong suggestion.

I'm at level 33 and I've been able to engage the new content but it was only after hopping worlds a few times and finally spending about a half hour on Monarch going out of Stellar Bay's North exit and making the loop around to the South entrance.

Once I was back on the Unreliable the ship's computer invited me to listen to an etherwave drama and it starts from there.

- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I got the invite today, after another 4GB download. Apparently the 10GB download the other day wasn't all of it or something? Don't know. But yeah I watched the video and talked to the people on the screen to get the mission started. What's nice is 3 more XP levels and new perks.

But I'm still curious what would happen if someone has already finished the game, isn't it a hard ending? So how would you start the new DLC? Do you have to start a new game or something? Or does it just retcon the old ending and put you back on your ship or something?
D_B

mandru

I suspect you would have to start a new game.

- mandru

Art Blade

I reckon you'd just go to a save before the "point of no return" and start the DLC from there.

But by the way.. you may not be fully aware of it: this forum here has ended. We're now continuing on the other new forum ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳