Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

"dot-matrix" should probably be added to our bad word list  :gnehe:

Art Blade

oh man, yes  :gnehe:

and good stories, gents O0

LowPolyOWG

Back on topic:

So, we tried to do the Pacific Standard last weekend (I guess it was) and we wanted to do the helicopter trick/drunk method. Well, Rockstar Cockstar decided to patch them... Helicopters doesn't spawn and now, players are getting a warning about leaving the area when you pass out and respawn...
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I think I never lost so much money during that heist ever before. Some 400k went out the window but the escape was at least bat *bleep* crazy. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

Is that the one where you drink until you pass out and then get all the cash? I suppose it was a bug, or at best an exploit, but really, was it that big a deal?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

the mission usually ends in the four players making a run for some motorbikes and with them, to a rubber boat on a river and with that to the sea. Some 8 or so minutes of escaping through hordes of police. We used to bypass that by driving to the boat in an armoured car, not losing any money. Now they fixed that and now we're getting shot a lot, no matter what, and that causes us to drop money every time we get hit. The beer trick was to get completely rid of any police, I only watched a vid showing off that trick, never did it myself and when we tried, it had been patched already. So.. no helicopters, no beer, no armoured car.. Rockstar does everything to beat creativity and fun out of the players. They probably want to keep on making real money by selling shark cards that give you in-game money. Being too fast during too easy a heist and making too much money is probably what pissed them off.

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

Generally speaking, the new DLC is a disappointment to me. It consists mainly of three new features. Well, four maybe. The first is the new business opportunity; You can buy a bunker and load it with scientists and technicians who manufacture guns. These guns can be sold by the bunch, just like the Biker business.
The second, but to me not really worth mentioning separately, is the Mobile Operations Centre. A huge trailer truck filled with some useful quarters to your liking. You can have a control room to control the outside guns, you can have a vehicle mod shop inside and / or a weapons customizations bay, car park or living quarters. (there's only 3 rooms so you can't have it all).
The third new feature is a range of weaponized vehicles that you can modify in this MOC. For now there are 6 different weaponized vehicles, one of which is a trailer that can be pulled by any of the other vehicles. The game mechanics around this trailer are very clumsy though, so it isn't exactly usable. The good thing of this type of vehicle is that you can park it in your normal garages, unlike comparable vehicles who are Pegasus exclusives. However the use and effectiveness of these vehicles is very disappointing to my taste. It is only under certain circumstances a good answer against the overpowered hydras but never a really powerful deal. If I want to have a powerful, menacing land vehicle I would still go for the tank.
The last new feature is about guns. 6 guns in the game now have the ability to upgrade the to Mark II guns. Meaning they get a whole lot of extra customization options such as different types of ammo, scopes, muzzles and, not to forget, paint jobs and liveries.
This gun customizing thing is a really cool feature. Although most of the ammo types not being very effective hence the limited amount clip size and amount of bullets allowed to carry, some are really cool. I put Full Metal Jacket rounds on my machine gun, making it an excellent anti aircraft weapon. At least more effective than the minigun for that matter. What is truly devastating are the exploding rounds for the heavy sniper. It makes it the deadliest weapon in Online. But; you can only carry 40 rounds and the clip size is 4. And not to forget; you can only get new ammo in this MOC exclusively. Not in any menu, or at Ammunation or elsewhere. That is a bit lame.
Incendiary rounds, hollow point rounds, armour piercing rounds and tracer rounds are all disappointing. Nice wannahaves, but not really useful. The liveries are very cool though. You can definitely make some excellent looking guns with this upgrade.

So we got cool new guns, some lame new vehicles and a new business opportunity. First, before collecting gun stock for sale, you will want to use your techies to manufacture upgrades for your guns and vehicles. It's a time consuming process and I didn't want to wait. There's 45 of those upgrades and to get them all without endless waiting times, you can bypass the waiting process by simply paying. It cost me 10 million all together :anigrin:
Many upgrades are more or less useless and unwanted, but you pick them at a pre-fetched order so you'll have to do them all. Once you're done upgrading you can start collecting stock. It will take a subtle 11 hours and 40 minutes to fully fill up your bunker. And yout stock will then have a value of 1,05 million dollars. That's not even half of a full cargo warehouse and the sale missions are designed in a way that you can't do them alone. That to me makes this business opportunity very boring and cheap. The supply missions that are needed to give your lab rats the necessary products and technology are nothing new. They are much like collecting crates or supplies for your biker business.

To sum it all up; we got *bleep* cars, *bleep* business assets and some shitty new real estate. The bunkers aren't cool, the MOC is not precisely very cool and the missions involved in this business aren't anything new or fun to do. The only positive part is that you don't have to constantly refill the supplies for your bunker business. Only once every half an hour a supply run will be more than enough. In the mean time you can do other stuff, even heists or races if you want. The bunker will do its w0#k. So you could see this bunker business as something additional to what you were already doing in the game.
We did get some cool new guns though, with the Mk II upgrades. Although containing some worthless *bleep* and some lack of functionality (you can't swap scopes for example) they are a cool new feature to the game. R* carefully put together this update to make sure no players would become overpowered having one of the guns or vehicles, but in my opinion they were a bit too careful there.

I paid 30 million for all the content and 10 million to skip the waiting on the upgrades. If you look what you get for that, it's a pretty expensive update and not worth the money you spend on it. So to anyone starting the bunker business I highly recommend to choose carefully what you want. Some things are worth it, but definitely not all of it.  ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

damn. Reminds me of the weed business you gave up. I remember you had to pay a lot of money every day just because they were active and you were more likely to lose money than to make any.

+1 :thumbsup: for the efforts, though :)

LowPolyOWG

It seems Rockstar decided to go for MMORPG style gameplay (ever heard of World of Warcraft/Runescape etc).

Hmm, maybe they wanted us to w0#k with everything at the same time so we can make money constantly :banghead: We also have the daily challenges  (Never managed to do 1 month in a row with that) so there's a lot of money making opportunities... Not everyone have time for that simultaniously :banghead: :banghead:

Art Blade

I did the one month in a row, twice, even.. meaning, every day all three challenges for a month, together with Nomad, so we helped each other out and that sometimes meant participate in his three events and he had to participate in my three events so we each did six challenges in a row at max, and from three to six challenges every day.. a theoretical maximum amount of 30 x 3 x 2 = 180 challenges in a month. It may actually have been like 150 challenges because sometimes both of us could do three on our own for one day, then we had one of us who could do three on his own but had to help the other with up to three events.. argh.

But that's history now. Never again  :gnehe:

BinnZ

I did it twice too. And never again. It was a pain in the arse.

The biker business was worse than this bunker, because it was a struggle to get all those businesses supplied. Next to impossible. You would constantly run from one business to another, not even having time to sell stuff. And indeed you had to pay 27k per day just to keep the stuff running.
This is much like it; you do supply runs, but not very often. And you do pay, but only 9.4k. All in all it can be a good extra when you are already busy importing and exporting cars or when you are doing heists. But it's definitely not something you would enjoy doing. It's boring a.f.  :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Some screenies of my pyromanic adventure with the cops in SP :anigrin:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Turning Ammunation into a furnace

What goes up; must come down :evil2:

Hello there, let me shoot your leg, officer :laughsm:

Any last words?! :gnehe: (GTA O character vs cops)

Tags:
🡱 🡳