GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

What the..? Danger-seekers, everywhere, I'm surrounded by them! AHHhhhh! :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

Alright. With BinnZ having his trouble with the Mastermind, me and Art decided to join him, along with another dutchman. Never thought I'd do a mastermind challenge in this game :o 8)

Art Blade

never thought I'd go online heisting again

LowPolyOWG

Some screenies:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Axing a security guard :gnehe:

Blowing up an abandoned Kuruma.

A burning Russian rogue agent. Considering their love for vodka, I expect Russian NPCs to be more burnable than the rest of the NPCs :evil2: :laughsm:

Usually, staying behind those means death. In this case, it appears to be empty and it's a useful spot for clearing out enemies in the Avenger setup.

Rockstar still like the idea of using hidden interiors.

Oh, Ubisoft.... :laughsm: :anigrin:

BinnZ

Quote from: OWGKID on June 19, 2018, 03:24:29 AM
A burning Russian rogue agent. Considering their love for vodka, I expect Russian NPCs to be more burnable than the rest of the NPCs :evil2: :laughsm:

:laughsm: :thumbsup:

I'm glad and very thankful that you guys help me out. And I'm even happier that you are having fun along the way O0 :)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

It's definitely fun, playing with a proper team. Just read the Mastermind cash bonuses. Seems like it's an extra 3 750 000 GTA$ award (4 players). 6 250 000 less than the other heist mastermind, which you did, Binn.

BinnZ

Yes, the old MM was much more rewarding, still is. If you like, we do that as soon as we nail this bastard, It's a cool thing to do, too ;)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

We will see what happens :) 10 million is quite tempting, but honestly, I think I am somewhat done with this game for now.

LowPolyOWG

So, we did a mastermind try this weekend. We hit the 17/29 mark, when bablar, our crew member, got disconnected as we finished with Act 2  :banghead: Due to R*'s SC failing on his end, we did a wipe :'(

Anyway, I decided to do a survival again. Think the last time I did that was in 2015/2016. The Mk 2 guns have made it much easier to do them, explosive ammo on the sniper/shotgun is very effective on the vehicles/helis that spawn :anigrin: I did this on Boneyard, the plane wreck site. Camped behind two decommisioned stunt planes to survive. Good spot, enemies could only come from two sides and the car wrecks can also provide cover from gunfire. Helis got sniped out of the sky with the MK 2 Heavy Sniper with explosive ammo :)

Due to R* patching, enemies are more aggresive/accurate than in 2014/2015 when I initially grinded out that mode...

BinnZ

After that disgraceful fail you spoke about, Bablar and me did some more research yesterday evening. We did some research on Mastermind glitches and fails on the net, just as you did, and tested what we found out, which is A:
- We can do all preps first, and when they are all done we go to a private session and do all setups plus finale on one go. That is a big advantage, because we can do all setups on private sessions, making the risk of getting DC'd somewhere along the process a lot smaller.
We also found out and tested that B:
- We can really safely do trip skip. We tested it again, on two occasions, and no loss reported on our ends. Plus the internet community also claims it's allowed.

Many others on the net say that disconnections and sudden loss of progress is due to starting in a session with lots of other players. Therefore it is highly recommended we do all setups AND finale starting in a private invite only session. With the fact that preps can be done in a row we have absolutely no reason of sticking around longer than necessary in public sessions.

And what you suggested, GKID,  according restarting the game every now and then during long sequences of gaming, we discussed it and agree with you. Especially when we start a run at all setups and finale of an act, we should first restart the game to have no loose ends whatsoever and start with a fresh environment.

Bablar did some testing with his game-killing program, that makes windows shut off the GTAV.exe file. It helps you keep your progress after dying. I am not in favour of using it when someone dies. First of all because I consider it cheating, second because dying isn't what makes this such an awful challenge. However, Bablar thinks it might also apply to situations where one of us looses his progress due to some unforeseen event. I guess we'll have to think this over, whether it will benefit us on our goal or not.

Anyway, I have also been thinking about the way we play during the week now. Since we have only short moments where we are all together, I think those moments are not suited for serious Mastermind attempts. We should wait with those until the weekend, when we all have plenty of time and nothing else on our minds. The time during the week we can share, is best used for some more practice and, of course, some moneymaking on the side ;)

I hope you agree on me with that last statement. I first wanted to use every minute together for the holy task of completing the mastermind, but I noticed I get very stressed when trying to do some serious *bleep* in only an hour time. I feel hasty all the time and start feeling frustration with every break someone takes in that tiny hour. Therefore, to keep up the good spirit, I'd say let's focus on practice and money until we all have time and patience for the real deal. 8)

I'd like to hear your opinions on this  :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Me too. If we stick to that plan, it should be good for us all :)

Art Blade

Master Mind Challenge Crew

LowPolyOWG

O0 :anigrin:

Saving the day :anigrin: I decided to fire up the Railyard survival. Me and Art camped in a boxcar. Bablar and BinnZ tried to camp between some parked trailers/containers.

Back-up on the way :)

If I could redesign this mode, I would add remote Avenger/Bombushka support (limited time). Hell, might as well have an orbital cannon supporting you :anigrin: And tougher enemies, like tanks/Juggernauts arriving on the scene :-X Higher payout as well, 30K is way too little...

On a sidenote, I discovered MK 2 guns allows you to scavenge regular ammo. As a guy who played this mode a lot, the max ammo you could scavenge from NPCs was capped at 2000. With the MK 2 weapons, I could still resupply ammo, despite my ammo count staying around 9000.

Hacking a dead guy in a security van :laughsm:

:laughsm:

Tags:
🡱 🡳