GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: BinnZ on July 01, 2018, 01:25:02 PM
We are a good team.  :bigsmile:

Indeed. :bigsmile: It also gave me enjoyment into older activities I did, prior to burn myself out on cargo shipments :-X

Prior to joining you, I helped out DB making some money. Being a 240+ ranked player, I showed off my golden Khanjali, fitted with a railgun, remote controlled dual grenade launcher and remote controlled .50 BMG machine gun :anigrin: I also showed him my office, which still got the messy money covered floor. We then fired up "Deal Breaker", Art's favoured mission. I told DB about the payment system, prior to patches, missions had fixed payouts. GTA Online was a glitched mess on launch so people exploited certain missions to farm lots of cash/RP. Also, in 2013-2014, the Megalodon Shark Card could literally buy you everything. Not now. And vehicle duplicating, giving you easy cash as well. Also showed him a glimpse of the Organizations mode.

Anyway, GTA Wiki got an useful list of the mission payouts for all contact missions. Click here

Heists mode: Pretty much an end-game activity (as soon you hit rank 120, giving you access to the minigun). Unlocked at rank 12, it's probably not a good idea to do them as a low level player.

Organizations. Allows you to start VIP w0#k/challenges to earn moneys. And the busy CEO grind :S

Survival. Wave based mode where you team up with 4 players against 10 waves of enemy NPCs attacking you. A difficult mode, unless you know good spots to funnel your enemies on the various maps. Helped me increasing my shooting stats and it gives you temporarily access to lvl 80+ guns. Any weapons acquired in this mode will be lost, if you switch sessions/quit GTA Online. If you have those unlocked at Ammunation, you can keep them.

I do believe doing some CEO jobs/VIP w0#k and contact missions should get you up to speed. Heists are some good moneymaking, but it takes time and you shouldn't touch them until you got enough money to spend on gear/weapons. Survival can be done solo, but some maps are hard and require tactical thinking.

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks for the info, I'll look into some of that when I get a chance. It was a fun time tooling around in your invulnerable tank, taking out everything in our path. I'm not going to be in a hurry to rank up too much, I'll play it when I get a chance and see how it goes.

Here's a quick livestream of our exploits in GKid's helicopter taking on a mission. I, of course, did all the w0#k, and he just went along for the ride. HA! Not really, I did nothing but shoot at the air. Anyway, for some reason, it didn't pick up my microphone, only his, so you'll hear him talking but not me. I'll have to fiddle with the settings, it should use the same ones for recording to local disc that it does for streaming, so I don't know what happened.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/279873129##
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

O0 Yeah, this game can be very grindy, if you decide to get any of the business stuff. It's not mandatory to own it, or anything for that matter :gnehe:

Watching the video of yours, I need to practice more with the Akula. :-X

Dweller_Benthos

The ride was a bit .... bumpy, lol. The thing is, when I was in first person mode, I couldn't see below the chopper so I didn't know if I was hitting anything and in 3rd person mode, while aiming down, the body of the chopper was in the way and I couldn't tell if I was hitting anything.

I fixed the issue with my microphone and shadowplay. Apparently, if you don't have the mic plugged in when either the computer starts or when shadowplay starts, it doesn't detect the mic and defaults to the other input, which has nothing plugged into it. So I changed it to the input that does and I'll see what happens next time.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Watching the video, you seem to use the "simple" crosshair setting

Dweller_Benthos

Didn't know there was an option for crosshair types, or if I did, it was so long ago, I've forgotten. Usually if there's an option in a game for crosshair, I use the one that takes up the least screen space, and if there's an option for just a dot, that's what I use.

I did the treasure hunt tonight, which was fun, I really enjoyed wandering around looking for the clues, though they were a bit too easy to find really. Well, once I figured out what to do, as the first one I found right away but didn't stand in the exact spot to get the prompt to look at it, so I just crouched to read the note then kept looking around wondering what to do, until I went back, and just by accident walked into the right area to get the prompt for the next clue. Like I said, once I realized how it worked, they were a little too easy to find, but still enjoyable to go looking for. Once I finished it, I got the golden revolver and the further mission to get 50 headshots with it for more money.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

So I did some of that as well as a couple stunt races which were also fun, but would probably be better with some other people, but this way, I was guaranteed to win!

So I made some more money and a rank or two in RP.

Oh, I take you've all seen the screen pop-up announcing GTA 6 next year?
D_B

LowPolyOWG

The GTA VI thingy is a hoax. Some modders used a social club script as a way to make that announcement. It doesn't make sense that a new GTA arrives in 2019, as that's the year RDR2 will receive content. This would conflict with their live service business model and make RDR2 irrelevant for them.

GTA V is almost 5 years old and still got plenty of bugs around in Online  ::)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I saw your post on discord about that. I thought it was a bit strange, but didn't really put much effort into thinking about it. I just thought, oh well, I'll play 5 for a while then see what 6 brings. But looks like that's not a concern, so go about your business, nothing to see here.
D_B

Art Blade

for those 50 headshots, use the "deal breaker" mission (no wanted level/no police) and randomly kill people in the streets. It's a handsome $ reward you're going to get :) And that pistol is very powerful.

Dweller_Benthos

For some reason, I can't create a deal breaker mission, everything in my jobs list is greyed out, except for some racing options. But I finished it anyway, just by shooting random people and getting the cops involved, which just gives you more targets. I got something like 300K game bucks and a special unlock for the same weapon in RDR2 when it comes out, not that I'll be playing that, unless there's a first person mode, which I don't think there is in those games.

So I used the money to buy a crappy apartment with a two car garage, so nothing fancy, but you gotta start somewhere, right?
D_B

LowPolyOWG

O0

Next thing to get, is an Armoured Kuruma. :) I think you can adjust the dot size in the options menu. I prefer using the "advanced" crosshair.

Art Blade

Art Blade

D_B, I was thinking about you not being able to start that mission. I suppose, not sure though, that you were in a solo session. Try "invite only" (essentially the same) and it *should* be accessible

BinnZ

The Heisting man

I was a heisting man
Following Lesters roads I did ride
With kuruma and sniper by my side
Many a crew mate lost his baubles to my trade
Many a copper shed his lifeblood while I fade
Rockstar hung me on the edge of my thrive
But I am still alive...

I fly an Avenger
Across GTA Universe divide
And when I reach the other side
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
Perhaps I may become a heisting man again
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
But I will remain
And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again

Thank you Bablar, ArtBlade and OWGKID for being there with me, for helping me go through it all.
For helping me persevere

I'll save the long story for later

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Tags:
🡱 🡳