GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

you can't tell you're being watched and usually it doesn't matter. You may have noticed that you can't watch people inside buildings, which means you're safe inside your own houses and such.

As far as I know, the orbital cannon isn't level-dependent. It's more a question of how many million dollar you've got at your disposal because you'll need to buy a facility first and there it's part of the interior upgrades and again costs like over a million. Binn told me that after a shot, it has got a massive cool-down time and we're talking hours. I'm sure Binn will fill us in on the exact details :)

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

cool, (the ballad of) gay Tony from GTA IV returns!

Sounds fun :thumbsup:

BinnZ

After having installed the orbital cannon in your facility (yes, that's expensive business) it costs you 750K for each shot if I'm correct, and the recharge time is roughly 48 minutes. I used it once, to get an achievement. With Christmas we got a shot for free, and that one I still got. It's not really worth it, unless you have too much money. More fun to use it in the Act 3 finale like you did already :)
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Ye it's going to be crazy cool. Too bad it will be released 2 days after I fly off to Peru. I'll have to wait another 4 weeks to be able to check it out :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

we'll keep telling you here how cool it is, so you can drool onto your smartphone  :anigrin:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

ah, nice, so that guy spent 750K just to troll me? Well, I suppose if you've got nothing better to spend it on.... and the cool down time means they can't keep targeting you with it.

Strange thing, a lot of the time, someone will get in a fight with me, and then offer me a job with their company. Sometimes I take it, other times I just ignore it.

Well, ran into a blatant hacker tonight. There was a person the other day who admitted to boosting his rank, since he was level 2000 and people were wondering about it, and he just came out and admitted it. But anyway, tonight I was minding my own business stealing cars when all of a sudden the day turned to night then it started snowing, then flashing day to night to day really fast. See the video. Then my rank starting increasing, and from what people were saying in chat, everyone else's was too. At first when the day and night thing happened, I thought it was my game messing up but then people in chat were talking about it. At first I didn't mind that my level was getting increased, but then thought I didn't want to get accused of cheating, so I left. The video isn't that long, but sure is strange.

So then I joined a new server and did some car shopping. Taking Art's advice, I got the yellow and blue cars you can sell for decent money. Now I can start collecting them.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Ah, well, that's why you stay out of public sessions. I had a guy giving me 35 million, through a SecuroServ exploit. Reported it to R* and they deleted the money. Sure, could have kept it, but I don't want to get flagged for adding illegitimate money into my character's pocket.

Can't watch your video for a reason, it's not available here...

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah maybe I'll see about getting the ill-gotten XP levels removed, though I have video evidence that I didn't do it intentionally. Not sure why you can't view the video, is it blocked?
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Now, it works ;) Probably YT doing some processing on the time I tried to play it. Patches usually do stat resets for modded accounts and usually comes with huge ban waves. For you, most likely a level reset back to your rank, before it got hacked by the modder.

Art Blade

the first sign of anything cheat or hack, and I'm out. D_B, what happened in that vid of yours was batshit crazy. Next time you record stuff like that or you're in a session like that, make sure to look at the player list so there's evidence of who's there because one of them got to be the cheater.

And as I've been saying from day one in the game: I hate that public zoo and stay private as in "invite only." Sad as it is, but it is due to those hackers.

Dweller_Benthos

I know sometimes there's a bunch of asshats, but a few times it's been really cool, the way it sometimes just gels into a fun time. I was in a stunt race once where everyone on the server joined, about 20 people, and that was a blast, usually you can only get 2 or 3. And the times that there have been someone being a jerk are so far not that bad, so until it gets bad, I'll take the random public stuff over a solo or invite session just because otherwise I might as well be playing single player.
D_B

Art Blade

I'd have liked to see your face just a few months ago if someone had predicted you'd be saying what you just said. :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳