GTA Online - The Saga Continues

Started by BinnZ, March 02, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

"Dang it - the keys were in my pocket the whole time!"

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Encountered another hacker in game tonight. Well, I didn't directly encounter them, but did grab video while watching them on the TV. There was the usual chatter about anyone modding, can they give money, etc and someone posted to come to the airport if you want money. So I was about done anyway, and ready to leave and decided to see what they were up to. I didn't see any money being tossed around, but they sure did some weird things with the cars they were in. Making them appear form nowhere, changing the color and style, jumping in the air, etc. I mean this type of thing is mostly harmless, they were keeping to themselves and not bothering anyone else that I could see, it's just juvenile antics.

From what they were doing, it seemed they were using something like this hack

Really, you'd think it would be a simple matter for Rockstar to eliminate all these things with a simple file integrity check.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

File integrity? More like, a proper anti-cheat system. Ubisoft use EAC to block 3rd party tools tampering with the .exe and makes your game crash/go in an infinite loop upon launching, if you disable EAC.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

It is a shame that people want to cheat the system, and other people in the wake of their cheats. I'm an old guy where people did not feel the need to cheat their fellow citizens nearly as much as we see today. Definitely one of the main reasons I do not like online gaming with anyone I do not personally know.

Art Blade

I bought the shooting range for my bunker and did all challenges. :)

BinnZ

:D

Great video, damn I remember having taken town all those challenges, which literally costed me hours, probably a day or 2 of gaming. I know how hard it is, well done! So now you have 30 stickies, 10 proxies  and such?  O0
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

cheers :anigrin: and yes. And a car you might recognise.

Art Blade

^ the Kamacho. :) great offroad car.

And today I bought the Khanjali tank for "only" $1.7m (trade price and on top a special offer discount) as opposed to some $3.8m which I didn't want to spend. Upgrading it nearly cost $600k so it's not exactly one of the cheapest vehicles around. But now I get it why GKID is having a blast all the time when he's in his Khanjali wreaking havoc across Los Santos ;) I did the same today, because it's a new toy. I was surprised at how much damage it can shrug off and how much damage it can dish out with the rail gun cannon. And proximity mines.. I love 'em :evil2:

And now I think I've had it again. GTA V isn't the easy-going fun game in which to drive around in a nice new car anymore. Now it's all about weaponised flying vehicles with rockets and it has turned the game into a war zone. Much more than ever before.

Vomit on a bread.

fragger

The only real fun I had with the game was in post-story, free-roam mode, and even then only to dip into for an hour or so from time to time.

I don't dare try to install it again (I had it on my old rig). I didn't buy from Steam, it was a store-bought disk. Which means that if I were to install it again, it would take forever with the multitude of patches, updates and multi-player DLC which I don't need nor want. It would take days for it all to come down, even with a relatively good internet connection. And then I'd have to play through the SP game to get to the free-roam part, and I didn't enjoy that at all. Too scripted, too linear and too much racing against time, making precision moves, etc.

To be sure it has one of the most detailed and amazing looking game worlds ever, but I dunno - sounds like the devs are flogging the living daylights out of it, with more and more outrageous vehicles and weapons. Which is fine for those who love it I guess, but from the sound of it, it's gone from being a relatively prosaic gaming environment to some kind of crazy, dystopian War World.

Dweller_Benthos

I'd have to agree. Online last night, I was minding my own business when a guy on an oppressor flew over and shot rockets at me for no other reason than I was there as he flew over. Turns out he was doing a cargo mission, and when I respawned, I shot him down with a homing rocket and ruined his cargo run. Too bad, don't mess with people when you're doing cargo runs, I say. So of course, he respawns and kills me again as I was walking back to the road (I was out in the mountains on a motorcycle when he first killed me) and I had already called my mechanic so I couldn't request another car so soon, so I was walking. Anyway, I respawn, and kill him again to even things up. Had a nice sniper shot from across the valley too, I don't think he was expecting that. Anyway, he says in chat something like he'll get his khanjali and at least I think he was talking to me, I don't know, he left a little while after that, so it's hard to say.

Then, looking on the TV to see what the other players are doing, most of them were either fighting with the cops or other players, just randomly wandering around shooting things. Of course, that was just an hour or so on one server, but it seems that's what happens a lot lately.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on September 18, 2018, 02:01:40 PM
But now I get it why GKID is having a blast all the time when he's in his Khanjali wreaking havoc across Los Santos ;) I did the same today, because it's a new toy. I was surprised at how much damage it can shrug off and how much damage it can dish out with the rail gun cannon. And proximity mines.. I love 'em :evil2:

And now I think I've had it again. GTA V isn't the easy-going fun game in which to drive around in a nice new car anymore. Now it's all about weaponised flying vehicles with rockets and it has turned the game into a war zone. Much more than ever before.

Yep, that's why I quit it. Also, Take Two/R* deosn't seem to care fixing the issues with GTA Online. Enjoy the Khanjali, I guess yours is still using the default paint scheme, compared to mine :-X :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

matte black except turrets (there's no matte option so they're classic black) :)

BinnZ

I agree on the open war zone thing. Art and I spoke about that the other day. It's not fun anymore to get a cool new racing or luxury vehicle, since it's just another prey for those flying freaks all around.
I do like the oppressor for use on any type of mission in free mode, it's an amazing vehicle. But it made the game into something comparable with Saints Row IV. Cars, guns and anything else that made the game great is off the pace with the weaponized vehicles. They just pushed the ongoing money grabbing a bit too far. Well, it was fun while it lasted (5105 hours on record :anigrin:). I think I will drop by from time to time, but it's about time to pass through. I'm thinking of Hitman, FO4 and Arma III to begin with.  ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳