Hello Tomorrow

Started by fragger, April 09, 2023, 04:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

This series looks pretty interesting, at least to a pulp-era SF geek like me. Looks very reminiscent of the Fallout games, even though it clearly has nothing to do with them, as it has that same sort of 1950s-styled retro-future aesthetic. I love that kind of stuff, which is one of the reasons why I dig FO4.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that the Fallout games were a major source of inspiration for the creators of this show.

It looks like it's only streaming on Apple TV+ at this stage, which I don't have (I can't afford to be subscribing to too many streamers), but maybe it'll become more broadly accessible sometime later.

I have to say though that I take all trailers with a grain of salt these days - been burned too many times :undecided-new:

PZ

Looks interesting, but like you I'm at my limit for streaming service subscriptions. Right now I get netflix and Apple Tv free because of my phone subscription, but I do not think the "plus" version of Apple TV is included.

Will definitely try it out if I can find it somewhere  :thumbsup:

fragger

I have Netflix, Amazon Prime and Stan (Stan is an Aussie site), but that's as far as my budget will stretch. Prime is actually the cheapest of the three, but seems to have the most extensive content - in Oz, anyway. It's also the only one of the three which has quite a selection of older movies, like Hitchcock films and stuff from the 30s/40s/50s. There is very little of those - if any - on the other streaming sites.

Dweller_Benthos

Does look like an interesting show, but Apple..... I try to avoid anything they touch. But really I have Disney and they are just as bad, so there you go.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳