A new gadget for our gazebo

Started by PZ, January 11, 2024, 05:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

For Christmas we splurged and gave ourselves an Alvantor bubble. You might have seen things like these at some outdoor restaurant seating areas to keep the weather out. We have always wanted to be able to sit outside during winter, but even a slight breeze makes it uncomfortable.

Because our gazebo is now a hard top, we thought a bubble like this might w0#k, and it does. When we light the fireplace table, it quickly becomes too hot inside even on the coldest day. We literally can only keep it lit for a few minutes after which we need to turn it off and use a portable electric heater to maintain the warmth.

This unit has performed admirably, and we now have an outdoor living space we can enjoy all year long.

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty neat, nice place to relax for a bit.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

I've actually never seen or heard of those, I had to Google it :gnehe: For the most part, I don't think winters ever get cold enough in Australia to warrant one of those for warmth purposes, except for maybe Tasmania and the southernmost regions of my own state, New South Wales. That's probably why I've never seen one :gnehe:

Definitely looks like a great thing to have for outdoor winter dining in your climes, PZ O0

EDIT: I started composing my reply before your photos appeared on the page and didn't notice them (stupid Aussie internet speeds) so I needn't have Googled it to see it after all :gnehe:

PZ

Quote from: fragger on January 17, 2024, 02:25:03 PM
EDIT: I started composing my reply before your photos appeared on the page and didn't notice them (stupid Aussie internet speeds) so I needn't have Googled it to see it after all :gnehe:

:D :thumbsup:

Today I have spent a good part of the day plowing, and when I finished, the snow was as deep as when I started. I initially wanted to go into the bubble to experience the snow in a new way, but it is becoming dark and I'm tired  :gnehe:

PZ

After all that snow and sub-zero weather, I wanted to see how it works in this kind of temperature, and it performed very well.  We remained warm and cozy as we enjoyed a tall glass of Prosecco.

It has not been this cold for quite a while - the ice in the bay is becoming closer to the lake every day

Dweller_Benthos

Looks very cozy with all that snow outside!
D_B

PZ

It sure was  :thumbsup: Next we want to do something decadent like having a bottle of Prosecco with a cheese fondue while it is snowing :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳