Started by LowPolyOWG, August 30, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

New TWAB

Season 11 and the new yearly expansion will be revealed at 9 AM PST on Tuesday
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

I see they have a season pass as well ..... must be the ... season .... for season passes ... LOL   :anigrin:
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:anigrin:

"Waiter! My salad is not seasoned at all!"
"Sorry, for season pass holders only."
"Alright, give me a pass on that, please."
"Sorry, you'll have to take a pass on that."

<ends in violence>

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 05, 2020, 07:45:16 AM
I see they have a season pass as well ..... must be the ... season .... for season passes ... LOL   :anigrin:

Yep, they went for that model. Although, veteran players were not satisfied. Looking forward to the S11/fall expansion reveal tomorrow. Hopefully, Bungie will show off new weapons that will replace the old ones.

LowPolyOWG

New seasonal trailer

Yikes, Bungie wants to push Destiny 2 until 2022...

This year's fall expansion will give new abilities for the player.

The reveal itself

Bungie's insight on working from home

LowPolyOWG

How Y4 will pan out

Destiny 1 content getting added? Oh boy, let's hope the beloved Destiny 1 weapons and exotics (Hello, Gjallarhorn) make a return :bigsmile:
Anyway, it might sound odd to remove areas that used to be a part of the experience, but Ubisoft did this in R6 Siege. Due to "technical issues", some multiplayer map was permanently removed and never added back.

If Bungie were still with Activision, the Shadowkeep would have been the final DLC for Destiny 2 and we would need to restart our progression with a 3rd game. Which probably would be a repeat of the D2 cycle (shallow game, fix with a Y2 mega-DLC patch etc).

To accomodate the next gen consoles this year, console players can transfer their licenses for free, on a PS5 or Xbox Series X. No need to buy the game twice. You still need to purchase the DLC twice, if you want to play on PC and keep your save shared across platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht48nJ33xu4

Ah, the weapon that nobody bought from Xur when Destiny 1 released. Until people discovered the damage output of the "useless" stovepipe :anigrin:

Art Blade

Did/do you have that Gjallawhatever rocket launcher?

LowPolyOWG

Nope. It was only available in Destiny 1, which never released on PC

LowPolyOWG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8Rg9tivRQ

Bungie showcased the new Stasis class abilities in Beyond Light. And announced a delay of the DLC release to 10th November due to the pandemic.

LowPolyOWG

Last week's TWAB (This Week At Bungie)

Key points:

• Engine changes to reduce compile time. Down from 24 hours to 10-12.
  • Physics host can now control enemies/quests. This should allow for more challenging/new ways for enemies to fight against players.
  • However, that means old content from 2018-2019 has to go. Game will shrink to an install size of 60-70 GB, but must be downloaded again :banghead: However, the next gen ports will have optimizations for faster loading due to their PCIE 4 SSDs, which could explain this.

https://youtu.be/HxNYAtoKPo4

New trailer showing the new exotic gear we will get.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Some of the new non-exotic weapons.

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool. I like the ricochet-boomerang thing. Of course, I know I could never play this game, my reflexes aren't up to it any more.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgnPREMEfI4

Beyond Light Vidoc shwoing off the new DLC and some behind-the-stuff dev w0#k during the pandemic.

Season of the Hunt

LowPolyOWG

Last TWAB before Beyond Light's release.

Looks liie pre-loads will start on Sunday for PS4 users and Monday for Steam/Xbox

LowPolyOWG

With the release of Beyond Light, I have found the game to be more enjoyable. The changes to armor mods is wonderful, Bungie changed basic mods to not be locked to armor elements. This means any armor now accept weapon specific mods (scavenger/reserve perks/reloaders), while still giving the freedom to do builds.
Also, the addition of cross-save means I can play the game on my Xbox and still share progress with my Steam account. Downside is that I need to buy the DLC twice across the platforms, but I don't have to worry about progress being "lost" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJcO1zytq30

The new chainsaw sword (The Lament) cutting down a world boss :evil2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsNoQYKaf_Y

Warmind cell (added in S10, worthy of the worst season in Destiny 2 award). With Season of the Worthy, Trials of Osiris returned and the new seasonal event was focused on doing wave defense to power up towers. Players got very tired of it (me included), but it added the warmind cell mods. Any IKELOS weapon or a solar damage source, with the correct armor mods, will spawn a red orb . Any NPC within its radius will be killed or take lots of damage as seen in the video when the orb is destroyed. The worthless season culminated with the destruction of Almighty (video below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JflzAYXDcCA

The sword ammo finder perk is not tied to any armor element. Last year, it was and limited your ammo gains. The other two mods with the blue symbol require "arc" armor. This combo allws me to scavenge ammo, fill up my ability meter faster and extra sword damage for 5 seconds.

New sniper :anigrin:

Took it into a match of PvP. The new perk makes it create lightning strikes, if you hit precision spots/headshots. I was lucky enough to score a precision kill and took out two players with one shot  :laughsm: The lightning bolt will have a short "blast" radius where it will kill anything within range :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

The worthless season? That doesn't sound like it was thought out very well lol.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳