Destiny 2

Started by LowPolyOWG, August 30, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Destiny 2 is preloaded, now waiting for the mandatory day 1 patch on Tuesday...

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

It's common for any current gen game :-X My new GPU is arriving in the mail tomorrow too. Going to be interesting to see how my games will perform now  :anigrin:

PZ

Looking forward to the results  O0

LowPolyOWG

Same here, I know Destiny 2 is sponsored by Nvidia, yet there are no GameWorks settings within it. I know it will support SLI out of the box and I hope it's the same case for AMD as well.

LowPolyOWG

Alright, the game launched. I managed to convince my friend to buy it (showed him reviews). We both ended up playing until 3 AM ??? :anigrin: Currently, we are on a planet called Nessus and are currently level 18. After that, we just need to get gear, when we hit level 20/finish the main quests :anigrin: Lots of side activities to do and loot to get :bigsmile:

Performance: Excellent performance with a single GPU (80-110, depending on area). Crossfire: NOPE (frame rate stay into the 20-30s :banghead:) Going to report that on the Bungie forums and hopefully, Bungie/AMD will w0#k on a solution. Heck, I guess AMD/Bungie are busy working on a crossfire driver :) Not sure about Nvidia SLI perfomance

I have seen users reporting getting banned for running overlays and other types of monitoring software. Even the Steam overlay is supposedly blocked too  :angry-new:

Art Blade

that's ridiculous. I often have steam on in the background and now I'd risk a ban for having something running OF MY CHOOSING and ON MY PC? They overextend themselves a bit, there  :angry-new:

LowPolyOWG

Luckily, I have those things turned off :) Even Rockstar banned external overlays until they faced angry customers.

Bungie themselves have stated that overlays will not be compatible and not lead to a ban. They will simply be unable to w0#k with Destiny. Yet, how is it possible that people have been banned?!

Is the game fun? Well, it's a FPSMMO-lite with the shooting mechanics from Halo and some Borderlands elements within it. Compared to The Division, you don't have to face ridiculous bullet sponges everytime... Also, it's not an UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* PC title so performance is mostly excellent on day 1 :gnehe: I guess Blizzard had something to say, their own PC titles are well optimized and have very few bugs. Yes, I am enjoying it so far and so did my friend :gnehe:

Due to the supposed lack of Steam Overlay functionality and the rumours of a ban, I may not be able to post pictures of my adventures with this game :(

PC gamer D2 review in progress

BinnZ

Incredible that dual GPU is performing so bad. And weird that they don't allow any overlay programs. Well, I do understand that, because of the cheating and such... :angry-new:

Glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself GKID, I can imagine I would enjoy myself A LOT with this title too, I just don't have the time :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

PZ

Quote from: BinnZ on October 25, 2017, 08:50:42 AM
... I just don't have the time :anigrin:

Same here - for the next few days, chopping firewood for winter

BinnZ

I wish I could help you with that, PZ! Nothing so joyful than chopping lumber to prepare for winter O0

That's at least how I look at things, never ever having had a wood fire place in my home :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

PZ

Yeah, I don't mind - the wood is only for fun fires in the wood stove.  I heat with a heat pump for the main heat. However, if my power goes out, I have an emergency heat source  :gnehe:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

PZ

I'm sore all over - getting too old for this kind of exercise  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳